\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

VW running an identical virtual cockpit as Audi? :rolleyes

Not sure why I didn't see that but kinda cheapens it for the 4 rings imo
I already know this will come off snobish but I really hate a large majority of VW owners. I wish there were more of you good ones out there. Most out here in VA are hipsters that do nothing under the hood and think they have a Porsche.

titang545 titang545 not a VW driver. Just making the observation. I actually don't have a single friend that owns one now that I think about it which seems odd to me. :lol:

@All Ready yeah. Lot of jeeps in my HS parking :rofl:it's definitely the go to for wealthier kids

So I'm driving my dad's e60 because the newer 5 series brought a lot of attention that I wasn't feeling and it pissed me off one day... Anyways

I think I have something wrong with the head gasket :smh: currently stuck in downtown CBus. I kinda want to buy a really cheap car or just ride a bike to work while I'm in school. Recommendations on a cheap ride?

really like the '18 XSE camry. I dont know if i want to drop 34 bands (37k w/ options i want) for a camry though.

really like the '18 XSE camry. I dont know if i want to drop 34 bands (37k w/ options i want) for a camry though.
Man that seems HIGH for a Camry, remember when they were affordable. I know cost of living and incomes are going up, however that doesn't mean I want it going towards a car. I been contemplating for a while, only new car I will ever buy is the RS7. After that nothing else, I will buy older cars in bad shape and just have them built how I want. I have one Datsun already I have one more that I have my eyes on.

I got a good $20k in rebates and government incentives for this.

IMG_20170607_192732.jpg

Sounds good .. so good. And in the Nardo Grey? USA be getting shafted man.

Also think EU gets the virtual cockpit in the '18 GTIs but the US won't.

I want one exactly like that.

:sick::smh: Damn, man. I WISH my R came stock like that. I'm jelly over all the nice hot hatches they get across the pond. Joint sound mean.

VW running an identical virtual cockpit as Audi? :rolleyes

Not sure why I didn't see that but kinda cheapens it for the 4 rings imo

It shouldn't though, man. It's a cool feature. Especially since Volkswagen owns Audi. Although I've always been partial to analog gauges.

I already know this will come off snobish but I really hate a large majority of VW owners. I wish there were more of you good ones out there. Most out here in VA are hipsters that do nothing under the hood and think they have a Porsche.

:lol: Ay, man. I'm a pretty chill dude with a Dub. I give rides to anyone in my R. But I can see what you mean, though.

-Drew

Last edited:
Man that seems HIGH for a Camry, remember when they were affordable. I know cost of living and incomes are going up, however that doesn't mean I want it going towards a car. I been contemplating for a while, only new car I will ever buy is the RS7. After that nothing else, I will buy older cars in bad shape and just have them built how I want. I have one Datsun already I have one more that I have my eyes on.

Average price of a brand new car now is like 34/35k

Cars are expensive AF now :smh:

Congrats on the purchase, seems like the color contrast inside is very drastic a sand and black interior.

Thank you sir, I am very happy with it so far.

And yeah, at first we thought the colour was a bit much but when my wife and I saw it in person, we were like wow...it looks real nice in person and works with the white exterior really well.

Thank you sir, I am very happy with it so far.

And yeah, at first we thought the colour was a bit much but when my wife and I saw it in person, we were like wow...it looks real nice in person and works with the white exterior really well.

Really nice. I was looking at the previous gen in the used market since they are going for fairly cheap. What state are you in and incentives did you use?

As far as I know, Porsche is one of the most reliable german brands out there. My panamera has 69k miles and will be 70 before the end of the month with no issues at all to the engine. (note it is the Audi supercharged 3.0 from the S models because I have the hybrid)

My 911 is almost at 20k so I can't say much there, however my friend has a 2004 996 with 80k on it and he is the original owner, got it when we were in high school. It had a tune since basically day 1 and exhaust. No issues besides going through rear tires every 5k miles.
I agree they are a super reliable affordable supercar, my brother had 991 C2S Coupe a little while ago drove so nice. So easy to use for an everyday car. I borrowed it a few times, done 184mph easy with no letting up.

Really nice. I was looking at the previous gen in the used market since they are going for fairly cheap. What state are you in and incentives did you use?

I am actually based in Toronto but I really lucked out with the incentives. If you live in Canada, you can the following:
  • $14,000 in government rebates (I believe this is nation wide): http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/vehicles/electric/electric-vehicle-rebate.shtml
  • $1,000 welcome to Canada package, my Permanent Resident Card (Green Card) was delayed by a year so I was lucky to have gotten it the same time as I did this car even though I was living in Canada since 2007
  • $1,000 when you sign up for a credit card (I signed up then got out of it)
  • $500 from the company I work with (the CEO has a Volt as well so he is giving an incentive for anyone who wants to purchase a Volt) I consult for their company as they are my clients but the CEO was ok with that since I deal with him directly.
  • $1,000 for the Super charger (added to the government incentive)
  • $2,500 because this specific company is a preferred supplier for GM so I get the car at cost. I REALLY lucked out here because after I told the dealership, they said that as long as I bring a paystub I should be fine, but I don't have a paystub as I give my client invoices for my work. However, the next day I got a call from the dealership saying that they did a mistake and Electric cars are not part of the Preferred Supplier list so I should not have gotten an at cost pricing but they said they will stick to their word, I asked if I needed to provide documentation, they said no so that was a bullet dodged there. :lol:
Overall the car is a ton of fun to drive. It performs better than my Kia Forte but the only thing about it is that it is a bit heavy with the steering. My assumption is because of the heavy battery.

Other than that it's a smooth ride. I went from 100 km/h to 140 km/h and my wife didn't notice.

I would also like to add that I now save $1800 to $2000 a year on gas, but what I did not calculate is that my wife and I take long drives around Toronto (it's a big collection of different cities so you can imagine the driving) and realized that we not only save on gas for one car, but we also save on the gas of the second car that we used to use driving 60km around the city.

Also, insurance is also cheaper as it is apparently subsidized.

I'd strongly suggest that if you do have incentives, buy a brand new car as with all the savings, you might break even when you sell it down the line. These incentives won't last forever and once they are gone, the market for used electric cars will go up as opposed to buying brand new.

Last edited:
So now that I have the Si I joined the civic forums and man I've never seen so many ricers in a forum. I guess cause I'm used to the mustang forums where I think it's an older crowd than the civic forums but damn there's literally guys badge flossing putting "type r" or "Si" badges on regular civics :lol:

I got a good $20k in rebates and government incentives for this.

IMG_20170607_192732.jpg

what in the feezy. 20k in incentives? so you oaid 5k for the car. because aint no way in the workd its worth more than 25. New cars are for the birds. or leasees.

So my dad offered me his 2011 Camry se with 114k for $5,000. Thoughts ?

I was gonna try to lowball him at like 2-3k but that's what he offered me :lol:. Really not trying to drop 5 on this car (specifically this one) but it beats spending 15-20

I was gonna try to lowball him at like 2-3k but that's what he offered me :lol:. Really not trying to drop 5 on this car (specifically this one) but it beats spending 15-20
5k is not bad especially since you kind of have an idea of the maintenance/ driving habits of your pops

im sure if you said 4k he wouldve been ok with that :lol:

Checked out a Colorado ZR2 yesterday. I'm really liking it. Felt surprisingly good on road. Might be the move over a JK or a Taco. Still waiting to see what Jeep has in store with the JL.

Back
Top Bottom