\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Smh I drove my camaro all day yesterday and slid it a couple times and now it' misfiring :frown:
Swapped coil plug and wire and it didn' follow so I decided to do a compression check. All were 120-130 but the cylinder misfiring it was at 100. I' guessing valvetrain or possible wiring issue.:smh:

Outside of Hondatas FlashPro for the new Si, there’s not any aftermarket that I’ve seen. Honestly they disappointed me when I saw the power figured for the new ones.
For real I know plenty guys putting more to the wheels with stock motors(with turbo kits) with half the boost.
I think Honda has dropped the ball in their performance line tbh.
I don't see why you're surprised. It's not really a fast car and it's not dirt cheap to upgrade like an older honda. It's already riced enough from factory... if you're buying a newer generation car there wont be much aftermarket unless its actually a performance car ie. Subaru, muscle car, tune-able german, etc. as warantees expire, parts get cheaper, and they fall under the 8k range you will start to see an aftermarket... basically when the car becomes as cheap as replacing the motor.
I disagree if there's money to be made someone will make it. There will always be a market for cheap economy sports cars imo
If cars are a big part of your life, you shouldn't feel bad spending a larger amount than the average person on one. But if you just want a nice car to stunt, that's one way to go broke fast.
This. As long as you got your priorities straight and money right spending money on cars shouldn't be a problem.

Really want a 2014/2015 BMW 6-Series. It was my "attainable" dream car in H.S. and now that I can actually afford one, it's tempting. That German reliability though....

I'm sure you can find one under warranty just get rid of it before it ends..... Or you can get a ctsv

I've seen some 2014's around my way (640i) with less than 30K miles for around $35K. 2015's for low to mid 40's, under 30K miles as well. I'll have to look into the warranty

For real I know plenty guys putting more to the wheels with stock motors(with turbo kits) with half the boost.
I think Honda has dropped the ball in their performance line tbh.

I disagree if there's money to be made someone will make it. There will always be a market for cheap economy sports cars imo

I'm not going to refute that but it still comes down to goals. MSRP on an Si is about 24k. I wouldn't call that cheap but definitely affordable. However we are talking about the aftermarket. 5k in aftermarket parts puts you in a WRX and gets you awd. so cross shopping for a civic with aftermarket intention doesn't make sense compared to a miata (lighter platform), a subaru (more hp/tq), a gti/r (easily tuned with stock internals). If your goal is power its not the best platform. If your goal is a light tossable platform you might as well buy an older dedicated track car for 10k and mod it through the nose. An s2k and $10,000 will go farther than the si civic for autocrossing.

I'm not going to refute that but it still comes down to goals. MSRP on an Si is about 24k. I wouldn't call that cheap but definitely affordable. However we are talking about the aftermarket. 5k in aftermarket parts puts you in a WRX and gets you awd. so cross shopping for a civic with aftermarket intention doesn't make sense compared to a miata (lighter platform), a subaru (more hp/tq), a gti/r (easily tuned with stock internals). If your goal is power its not the best platform. If your goal is a light tossable platform you might as well buy an older dedicated track car for 10k and mod it through the nose. An s2k and $10,000 will go farther than the si civic for autocrossing.
I don't think people buy civics for the track though. Only reason I bought mine is cause I needed a 4 door that was somewhat fun to drive and would last me forever. The civic fit that perfectly. And if I want to mod in the future I know they respond well to mods. Some guy in the forums with just bolt ons and a tune is running high 12s in the 1/4 mile. That's not bad at all for a family sedan and enough for me. It's all about what your goals and needs are like you said.

Has Subaru got their motors to be worth a **** yet? I blew my first one up and damn all of them half to be built just to put 400 to the wheels, at least the ones I know more about from 2004-2007.

Reasons why I’m willing to the GTI route.

2017 F36 vs 1989 E30 M3

tumblr_ox1vegSRAr1qcnm4eo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ox2moflft41qcnm4eo1_1280.jpg

From an impromptu photoshoot a couple days ago

Gti se or wrx? What you guys think...
GTI. Look at the video I posted two pages back, a GTI takes on an STI and the STI still gets stomped. From a dig the awd has the upper hand, but rolling it just pulls away. Interior is much better also and all around comfort from what I’ve been reading is up there too.

And a few more thousand and you can get a mustang gt. No one is using the new si to take to the track :lol:. Come on be real its a Honda of course there will be an aftermarket for it :lol:
Has Subaru got their motors to be worth a **** yet? I blew my first one up and damn all of them half to be built just to put 400 to the wheels, at least the ones I know more about from 2004-2007.
I'm pretty sure they kept the ej until last year and started using turbo versions of the frs motor.
On another note I'e decided to just rebuild my ls1. I' m gonna be piecing it together this month gonna go high compression n/a shooting for 450-500whp on my 150k longblock. :nthat:

General Motors is going all-electric.

After more than a century peddling vehicles that pollute the atmosphere, General Motors is ending its relationship with gasoline and diesel. This morning, the American automotive giant announced that it is working toward an all-electric, zero-emissions future. That starts with two new, fully electric models next year—then at least 18 more by 2023.

That product onslaught puts the company at the forefront of an increasingly large crowd of automakers proclaiming the age of electricity and promising to move away from gasoline- and diesel-powered vehicles. In recent months, Volvo, Aston Martin, and Jaguar Land Rover have announced similar moves. GM’s declaration, though, is particularly noteworthy because it’s among the very largest automakers on the planet. It sold 10 million cars last year, ranging from pickups to SUVs to urban runabouts.

“General Motors believes the future is all-electric,” says Mark Reuss, the company’s head of product. “We are far along in our plan to lead the way to that future world.”

https://www.wired.com/story/general-motors-electric-cars-plan-gm/

Back
Top Bottom