\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Need advise from those whos leasing.

My pops needs a car so im going to give him my daily. Now i leased a '17 wrangler back in June this year and the contract stated 3 yrs/15k miles. I figured since i had the daily ill be under the 15k limit for sure, and avoid the extra fees...but plans have changed now.

With that being said, i was planning on buying the jeep when the contract ends, or maybe even re finance after a year or two, but my worries are the mileage, i KNOW im gonna go over the 15k limit. Am i trippin over mileage since im gonna eventually buy the car?

C6A4AB05-0CFD-4CB6-BFD8-45F48D8061BA.jpeg

I'd love to go inside of the Porsche Design tower condos. Even the $4M poverty models are probably pretty sweet

Saw my first NSX (gen 1) in the wild yesterday. Such a dope car. I knew it was low to the ground, but I had no idea it was that low. Also looked a lot shorter in person.

Need advise from those whos leasing.

My pops needs a car so im going to give him my daily. Now i leased a '17 wrangler back in June this year and the contract stated 3 yrs/15k miles. I figured since i had the daily ill be under the 15k limit for sure, and avoid the extra fees...but plans have changed now.

With that being said, i was planning on buying the jeep when the contract ends, or maybe even re finance after a year or two, but my worries are the mileage, i KNOW im gonna go over the 15k limit. Am i trippin over mileage since im gonna eventually buy the car?

No penalties if you buy the car. And I know it's broken down into years, but you're only graded on the total number of miles at the end of the lease. So you could drive it 30k miles in year 1 and a combined 15k in years 2 and 3 and not have a single issue with regards to penalties.

Leaf stains? Not sure I understand. Any pics?
Some leaves were sitting on my car for a week and they left marks on my car with the outline from the leaves. Seems like they're damn near impossible to get off. I'll have to take pics.

Attachments

• IMG_1702.JPG
    IMG_1702.JPG
    12.9 KB · Views: 21
Depending on how this exhaust sounds in the sound clips I might get it. They're still testing it I guess so it might be a while until it gets mass produced. I'm surprised at how slow the aftermarket has been with the new Si
I don't see why you're surprised. It's not really a fast car and it's not dirt cheap to upgrade like an older honda. It's already riced enough from factory... if you're buying a newer generation car there wont be much aftermarket unless its actually a performance car ie. Subaru, muscle car, tune-able german, etc. as warantees expire, parts get cheaper, and they fall under the 8k range you will start to see an aftermarket... basically when the car becomes as cheap as replacing the motor.

Outside of Hondatas FlashPro for the new Si, there’s not any aftermarket that I’ve seen. Honestly they disappointed me when I saw the power figured for the new ones.

I don't see why you're surprised. It's not really a fast car and it's not dirt cheap to upgrade like an older honda. It's already riced enough from factory... if you're buying a newer generation car there wont be much aftermarket unless its actually a performance car ie. Subaru, muscle car, tune-able german, etc. as warantees expire, parts get cheaper, and they fall under the 8k range you will start to see an aftermarket... basically when the car becomes as cheap as replacing the motor.
Idk about that man. There's definitely a market for these especially now that Honda has moved to turbocharged engines. I guess I expected more but realistically the car hasn't even been out for 6 months so I guess I should Be a bit more patient

Outside of Hondatas FlashPro for the new Si, there’s not any aftermarket that I’ve seen. Honestly they disappointed me when I saw the power figured for the new ones.
The numbers are a little disappointing but the way it drives changed my mind instantly. Light years ahead of any civic in terms of handling. Even the base civic of this gen is faster than the last gen Si it's crazy.

The gas tank door on my car broke and now flaps around. Put some duct tape on it

Fam i think im falling in love with the nsx (1st gen)

I was hoping to cop a Panamera by 35. It’s possible given the career path I’m headed but I’ve been thinking lately, do I really wanna spend 60-70k on a car?

I was hoping to cop a Panamera by 35. It’s possible given the career path I’m headed but I’ve been thinking lately, do I really wanna spend 60-70k on a car?

There will always be that debate on whether spending that much is a good decision. You can always spend that money elsewhere (house, stock market, investments). Cars in that price range are a luxury item. Just need to ask yourself if it's something you deserve from all your hardwork.

I'm 33 now. Working towards my MBA. Planning on getting a 911 or R8 once i'm out of school. Already have two houses and a strong wealth portfolio so i figured I treat myself for all my hard work. You should always enjoy the fruits of your labor.

You have a valid point. I’m only 21 and I hate spending money so I feel as though that’s where my view comes from. It may or may not change as I get older and realize I have the ability to be more frugal with my money, even though right now I can also be frugal, I just choose not to. Then again if I end up getting a GTI in the coming months when the timing is right, I’d be lying if I said I wouldn’t be buying performance parts to make it a stage 2 and later on down the line stage 3 :lol:

New seats. Don't know why anyone spec'd these seats without them. Actually I do, the original owner was like 70 years old :ohwell:

Also waiting on some houndstooth fabric I ordered so an upholsterer can make houndstooth inserts for the seat. After that, it's carbon everything for the interior, a roll bar, wheels, and if I can find one, an OEM RS decklid/wing and I can be done with this build (if you can call it that).

IMG_4222.JPG

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom