\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Has Subaru got their motors to be worth a **** yet? I blew my first one up and damn all of them half to be built just to put 400 to the wheels, at least the ones I know more about from 2004-2007.
I don't think so, the motor blew up on my brother's '06 WRX. He had to buy parts 5o rebuild the whole thing and it cost him a few racks. The turbo is about to go soon as well :lol:

SO MY MIND IS MADE UP. GOING TO BUY A SUBARU WRX FOR MY DAILY. MOVING TO CLEVELAND. I NEED THAT 4 WHEEL DRIVE.
the hell? Didn't you just get to Houston like a year ago and bought a house as well?

Merc doing this thing where their lineup is now just: What size S-Class do you want? is very Tesla-esque (but worse)

John Wick John Wick Doug just did a video on it recently :rofl:first time I saw one it was being driven by a dude that looked like he was about in his 50s or older. What a shame

Last edited:
man i saw a range rover evoque coupe convertible didnt know what the hell it was

reminded me of that ugly behind nissan rogue

:rofl:

I'm guessing cause it's sort of a sneak peek to what will eventually happen with all car brands. Wonder if they'll still make corvettes but with an electric motor :lol:
Yep you pretty much summed it up. I like big, loud, fast, stupid cars that shouldn't exist, but they do, and that makes them awesome (to me anyways). It's just a matter of time before hybrids and electric vehicles take over, followed by self driving cars, and that is an automotive world that I'm not looking forward to.

I will probably be going to Etown tomorrow for a test and tune.

If anyone in the area (NY/NJ) wants to go, come on down. $20 bucks to race.

Bring your snell 2015 rated helmet if your car is faster than 13.99.

I don't think so, the motor blew up on my brother's '06 WRX. He had to buy parts 5o rebuild the whole thing and it cost him a few racks. The turbo is about to go soon as well :lol:

the hell? Didn't you just get to Houston like a year ago and bought a house as well?

WE MOVED TO HOUSTON ALMOST 6 YEARS AGO

This little shop next to my office has all these cars parked outside that they need to eventually work on. Saw this parked there, but don’t know much about old porsches. Any info on it? Looks pretty nice so I wonder if he’d let me buy it off him and fix it up myself.

Attachments

• A2E02DE6-9E77-4E95-9790-C53573B8148D.jpeg
    A2E02DE6-9E77-4E95-9790-C53573B8148D.jpeg
    334.2 KB · Views: 21
Sorry don’t know wth I’m doing on mobile

Attachments

• 0F88588B-A17D-42A9-9368-A1D33D2CE9B0.jpeg
    0F88588B-A17D-42A9-9368-A1D33D2CE9B0.jpeg
    364.1 KB · Views: 17
Sorry don’t know wth I’m doing on mobile

911 SC aka Super Carrera.

Porsche has a whole page on this.

https://www.porsche.com/usa/accessoriesandservices/classic/models/911-g/911-sc/

I don't think I've ever seen a car company post info on past models on their website

Surrounds/door handles
Until model year 1978, the window surrounds and door handles of the 911 SC were chrome-plated, like those of the previous 911 models; as of model year 1979, they were anodized black – as in the Carrera models.

Wheels
The 911 SC was fitted with 15" cast aluminium wheels from ATS as standard.

Exterior mirrors
The exterior mirrors of the 911 SC were electrically adjustable and painted in the exterior color.

Engines
The 911 SC was powered by a 3.0-liter flat engine, the output of which was increased slightly over the years.

- model year 1978-79 - 3.0 liters, 180 hp
- model year 1980 - 3.0 liters, 188 hp
- model year 1981-83 - 3.0 liters, 204 hp

Body
The 911 SC had the wider body of the 911 Carrera. Vehicles produced as of model year 1981 are recognizable from the side direction indicators behind the front wings.
As of model year 1983, the 911 SC Cabriolet became the first fully open-top 911 with fabric hood and was available along with the Coupé version and the Targa "safety cabriolet".

Headlamp rings
The headlamp rings of the 911 SC were initially chrome-plated, as of model year 1979 they were painted in the exterior color.

Man, with my lease coming up I have to stay out of this thread. Looking to spend LESS but ya'll got me on the Porsche website and ****!

20170920_161029.jpg

:pimp: Who is the NTer that's dyslexic in da fo' doe mango Lexus! Jealous of this plate

Last edited:
I got the chance to buy a rsx type s for DIRT cheap thinking of buying it to do a k20 swap it into my Integra. Anyone got any experience with rebuilding one? I know these motors have good potential but are expensive to do right.
joint cost 100k :lol:
It looks ight but definitely doesn't look like a 100k car.

Back
Top Bottom