\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

My personal opinion when I see things like “on the track it’s xx.xx faster or can take a corner”. I honestly could care less what it does on a corner, drag races have an amazing thrill and even when in Mexico it’s awesome seeing one car walk another. I’m probably biased since in florida there’s no canyon runs or winding roads but still :lol:

I disagree... Driving on a track oppose to a drag strip...actually takes driving and the over build of the car.

Drag strip is all about car and performance of the engine.

Y'all trying to make a quick $10K? What kind of person does this tho? Jealousy is hell of a drug.

http://www.carscoops.com/2017/11/someone-thrashed-this-guys-new-bmw-i8.html
BMW-i8-Damaged-3.jpg

I don't give a damn about your BMW card. Take it. I am not a fan boy to any car maker. :lol:

I preferred E93/E60 to what they have out now. The E39 M5 is probably in my top 5 favorite cars since my pops used to have one and that's the car I learned how to drive on. I have driven Bimmers since I was 16 since my whole family drove and still drives BMW. I stepped out of line and got an S4 when i graduated and then got 3 series. Got rid of both of them and hoping to get an S6 or something along that line in the next year or so.

The fact of the matter is the RS7/E63s>>M6 as far as performance. Another matter of fact, you can make the E63s Rwd at the touch of a button if you want. I assume we are talking about the M6 Grand Coupe here and even then I would still take the CLS AMG 63s over it. All these cars are incredible but BMW is in 3rd place right now as far as the Germans go.

What the hell.

I like the MQB Audi platform better than the BMW platform, for both cost and tune-ability. Audi is better than MB in my book just off depreciation and repairs unless your leasing. Design wise nobody is touching MB on Interior. Audi is probably the most boring of the 3 exteriors. They got the TTRS right in this generation but the other cars are just more and more boxy. The 1st gen R8 curves still look better to me than the angles on this gen. A/S/RS7 pretty much the only series that looks good.

:lol: that’s fine if that’s his or yours opinion but I just posted receipts of why that’s not true.

Give me real rebuttals and receipts without any bias and we can have a civil discussion. I love all 3 by the way. I’m just not a fanboy of one in particular.

:lol: that’s fine if that’s his or yours opinion but I just posted receipts of why that’s not true.

Give me real rebuttals and receipts without any bias and we can have a civil discussion. I love all 3 by the way. I’m just not a fanboy of one in particular.

He's a big M fan so I know what he's going to most likely say.

This is forum, like 95% of things said are of personal opinion so it really doesn't matter how civil you are, you aren't going to change peoples opinions.

I like the MQB Audi platform better than the BMW platform, for both cost and tune-ability. Audi is better than MB in my book just off depreciation and repairs unless your leasing. Design wise nobody is touching MB on Interior. Audi is probably the most boring of the 3 exteriors. They got the TTRS right in this generation but the other cars are just more and more boxy. The 1st gen R8 curves still look better to me than the angles on this gen. A/S/RS7 pretty much the only series that looks good.

People are cracking 600-700hp all day on 335s without even opening the block... I don't think Audi has one model capable of that, for sure not in the same price range. Same with the gains for the F8X platform.

MBZ gains like 100tq with just tunes on a good bit of models.

Class for class I just personally think BMW beats Audi in performance hands down, the S3 and RS7 being the only wild cards out of the bunch.

I agree with depreciation, I would never buy any of these brands brand new off the lot.

People are cracking 500-700 hp in their s4 with only stage 2 tunes. The RS models can get to 900-1000hp with just tunes as well

What do you mean when you say performance? 0-60? Quarter mile? Top speed? Track? The only current model that bmw has that might have a slight edge on its Audi competitor is the M3/M4 and that’s not even in every category.

Audi doesn’t have a direct competitor to the M5 in the states but if you want to compare the RS6 to the M5 then it’s really just a wash. Off a dead stop the Audi wins but a rolling start the M5 wins. I don't know enough information to compare the 7 series vs the Audi A8 . Even tho I think the s-class murders both. And I don’t care about the SUVs to compare them either :lol: and BMW doesn’t have a competitor to the R8.

I’m not here to change opinions either. I can’t tell another man how to feel but you have to have facts and receipts when you compare the two.

People are cracking 500-700 hp in their s4 with only stage 2 tunes. The RS models can get to 900-1000hp with just tunes as well

What do you mean when you say performance? 0-60? Quarter mile? Top speed? Track? The only current model that bmw has that might have a slight edge on its Audi competitor is the M3/M4 and that’s not even in every category.

Audi doesn’t have a direct competitor to the M5 in the states but if you want to compare the RS6 to the M5 then it’s really just a wash. Off a dead stop the Audi wins but a rolling start the M5 wins. I don't know enough information to compare the 7 series vs the Audi A8 . Even tho I think the s-class murders both. And I don’t care about the SUVs to compare them either :lol: and BMW doesn’t have a competitor to the R8.

I’m not here to change opinions either. I can’t tell another man how to feel but you have to have facts and receipts when you compare the two.
First paragraph is facts.

while 95% of i8 drivers i've seen are tools and whoever this guy is probably had it coming... You cant vandalize a mans car. It's just Foul.

My first reactions were a) who the hell adds gold accents to an i8 and b) who the hell has an i8 as their dream car. But regardless, that's terrible and if someone did that to my car I would be out for blood.

:lol: what are your gripes of the last few pages?

People are trying to argue the track capabilities of 4,500lb luxury sport sedans (which is absurd to begin with) as though they're skilled enough drivers themselves to notice any discernible differences between either of the cars. I can assure you that no one here can take these cars beyond 6/10ths what they're capable of, which renders this entire argument moot.

People are also trying to argue the performance of these cars. There's a point when performance figures become nothing more than a data point journalists cite in their articles, and I can assure you as someone who's logged thousands of miles behind the wheel of some of these cars (F10 M5), this generation of car is WELL past that. The sad reality is that today this class of car has become nothing more than an exercise in over-engineering, rather than an exercise in actually building something that is genuinely enjoyable to drive (rare examples from the German "Big 3" would be something like the M2). Cars themselves have almost become like driving simulators, reducing the amount of driver input needed to almost nothing (Tesla Autopilot for example).

What's even more sad is dwelling on this is an exercise in futility due to tightened emission regulations and things of that nature. One personal goal I set for myself was to order the next generation (992) GT3 or GT3RS and do Euro Delivery, but Porsche no longer allows North American customers to do that (I believe BMW and Benz have just disallowed it as well). As an automotive enthusiast I just can't help but be sad about the direction things are headed. The car of yesterday is all but extinct which is why I guess I should consider myself lucky to own one of the last truly great analog sports cars |l

People are trying to argue the track capabilities of 4,500lb luxury sport sedans (which is absurd to begin with) as though they're skilled enough drivers themselves to notice any discernible differences between either of the cars. I can assure you that no one here can take these cars beyond 6/10ths what they're capable of, which renders this entire argument moot.

People are also trying to argue the performance of these cars. There's a point when performance figures become nothing more than a data point journalists cite in their articles, and I can assure you as someone who's logged thousands of miles behind the wheel of some of these cars (F10 M5), this generation of car is WELL past that. The sad reality is that today this class of car has become nothing more than an exercise in over-engineering, rather than an exercise in actually building something that is genuinely enjoyable to drive (rare examples from the German "Big 3" would be something like the M2). Cars themselves have almost become like driving simulators, reducing the amount of driver input needed to almost nothing (Tesla Autopilot for example).

What's even more sad is dwelling on this is an exercise in futility due to tightened emission regulations and things of that nature. One personal goal I set for myself was to order the next generation (992) GT3 or GT3RS and do Euro Delivery, but Porsche no longer allows North American customers to do that (I believe BMW and Benz have just disallowed it as well). As an automotive enthusiast I just can't help but be sad about the direction things are headed. The car of yesterday is all but extinct which is why I guess I should consider myself lucky to own one of the last truly great analog sports cars |l

I 100% agree with everything you typed and of course it all depends on who the driver is and how experienced they are. A couple of people were saying that BMW>>>Audi. My question was based on what? M Boiz said based off performance and I disagreed. You're right we do not know the experience of the drivers in the videos I posted but look up reviews by solid sources (motortrend, Car Magazine, car & driver) they all say the same thing about the RS7. It's insane!

As far as the direction of car engineering is going, it's sad but that's just the way things go man. I mean performance cars have fake induction noises now. That should tell you everything about the direction we are going. I am a huge car enthusiasts too but soon enough everything is going to be self-driving and that's gonna suck and take all the thrill out. I bet car related deaths will go down by a ton tho.

The GT3RS is a monster by the way...dear god.

M2 is tiny as **** though, isn't the wheelbase shorter than an E92? I feel like the M4 is perfectly sized along with the A5/S5.

no point in talking about it if his argument is only straight line performance he might as well get a hell cat :lol:

Back
Top Bottom