\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Pics of the IS if you are interested. It’s a wagon, I had the regular sedan. Looks like dude put some aftermarket stuff on it too. This wagon has those funny looking half leather, half suede seats though. Mine had the full leather seats and navi, this wagon doesn’t.
4CACF9DA-9AB0-495A-83F4-9CD606F64409.jpeg
F013E6AA-E7E2-43B0-A751-B7B2EC3BC46B.jpeg
91268A24-B5E7-44B2-AE60-B76159690569.jpeg
F7A035EE-AD09-49FC-9BD4-379A866F79FF.jpeg
2B6C6E2C-9D51-4B9C-8D02-40D38BA7269B.jpeg
463BF550-15E4-44D0-88BF-2CA7500BF81A.jpeg
A2C7EE9D-BFCA-4F71-8136-64557A337612.jpeg

Idk fam id rather have a 04 cobra will hold its value much better and will keep up with almost anything on the road
Ehh 04 cobras are cool and all but not everyone wants to drive a car over 10 years old. I’d take an s550 over a cobra any day. Also you’re spending around the same if you’re buying with low miles

Last edited:
Why would you buy a 16 year old car with 200k miles regardless of the brand?
he's had bad luck with cars lately....his IS that he's talking about got totaled, so he bought the current gen GS and that just got totaled in a rear end collision like 2 months ago

, I’ll humor you. How much would da LS swap be?

I’d probably offer $3500 max if I decide to be interested for the IS. How much would da LS swap be?

a properly sorted LS swap is ~8k depending on da motor, trans, mounts, labor, and da amount of custom/premade kit parts available.

once its done LS swap are stone reliable & cheap to maintain.

why not?

whips are slowly transitioning to be alinear style wise like kicks.

people appreciate older sheet metal and simplicity.
I agree with that. I personally wouldn’t mind driving an older car, but having a nicer interior can be a little more important to some people. That and having a newer car generally means less repairs and having a warranty.

I strongly considered getting a first gen IS when my frs got totaled a couple months ago. One of my favorite cars and that sportcross is dope. Saw one around here not too long ago

WhatsApp Image 2017-12-31 at 10.44.04 AM.jpeg

Winter blues...... :frown: Hellcat wont come out till late March early April.

This amount of salt is ridiculous. :frown:

Yea thats my Renegade sitting there all salty lol.

Ran my boys Q50 3.0T and we were neck and neck. Honestly felt good that I’m able to hang with a 300+ whp car, even though his car weighs like 3500-4K :lol:

What car you got again? A golf right? I feel like we need to start putting cars in our sigs now, I get confused sometimes lol

This year i want to get a gti as well. Came across this in car guru
https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inven....selectedEntity2=&zip=10466#listing=194346040

What you guys think?
That's a really good price for an Autobahn (highest trim for the GTI) but I couldn't find a CarFax report, also it said it was used as a Fleet vehicle so I'd take note of that. At 27k the DSG is due for service at 40k (if you drive the yearly average, then in about a year) so keep that in mind too. I bought mine as a CPO w/30K so I've got a 2 year/24K warranty so my advice is to definitely check for CPO's if you can but definitely ask for the history of that car. These MK7's have shown to be great cars, as long as they've been taken care of. VW (like most other german cars) aren't the type to let a problem be ridden out the way a Toyota/Honda can.

Edit: Did a quick search and found this
https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inven...=false&filtersModified=true#listing=187872820

Last edited:
why not?

whips are slowly transitioning to be alinear style wise like kicks.

people appreciate older sheet metal and simplicity.

This right here. I love cars that have less things that can break. And all you have to do is spend a few hundred dollars and get a new upgraded headunit that has everything you want in it. The new Pioneer NEX units are incredible and offer Apple Car Play and Android Auto and every other feature you could need. Past that there's nothing else I would want or need. Less is more.

a properly sorted LS swap is ~8k depending on da motor, trans, mounts, labor, and da amount of custom/premade kit parts available.

once its done LS swap are stone reliable & cheap to maintain.
8k???

If u shop around for parts it can be had for much less.
It all depends on how much of the work you can do yourself. Ive seen them done for about 1500 but it was a stock 4.8 with a 4l80e custom mounts headers wiring everything fabricated by them ect. And ive also seen them done with aftermarket kits with rebuilt stroker motors aftermarket trans ect with 20k+.
Your budget will let you know what block/trans you can use.
Ehh 04 cobras are cool and all but not everyone wants to drive a car over 10 years old. I’d take an s550 over a cobra any day. Also you’re spending around the same if you’re buying with low miles
The s550 are great but me personally would go for the cobra over the s550. I dont mind the older interior or amenities the newer chassis have. Limited Factory supercharged engine w/forged internals and solid drivetrain>

Speaking of ls swaps :wink:
20171230_184052.jpg
Just got my 408 Texas speed block back weisco pistons callies rods and dragonslayer crank its gonna be a beast when i put it together
#****whatyouthink

Speaking of ls swaps :wink:
20171230_184052.jpg
Just got my 408 Texas speed block back weisco pistons callies rods and dragonslayer crank its gonna be a beast when i put it together
#****whatyouthink
What’s it going in papi

WhatsApp Image 2017-12-31 at 10.44.04 AM.jpeg

Winter blues...... :frown: Hellcat wont come out till late March early April.

This amount of salt is ridiculous. :frown:

Yea thats my Renegade sitting there all salty lol.

Man that's crazy my girl takes me to this restaurant around there Budakan, pronounced like Hadouken from street fighter with a B I think :lol:, around that area you posted the picture of.

That's a really good price for an Autobahn (highest trim for the GTI) but I couldn't find a CarFax report, also it said it was used as a Fleet vehicle so I'd take note of that. At 27k the DSG is due for service at 40k (if you drive the yearly average, then in about a year) so keep that in mind too. I bought mine as a CPO w/30K so I've got a 2 year/24K warranty so my advice is to definitely check for CPO's if you can but definitely ask for the history of that car. These MK7's have shown to be great cars, as long as they've been taken care of. VW (like most other german cars) aren't the type to let a problem be ridden out the way a Toyota/Honda can.

Edit: Did a quick search and found this
https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inven...=false&filtersModified=true#listing=187872820
Thanks for the info. Will keep looking into it. The gti in red looks so good, wont probably get any other color

Back
Top Bottom