\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

The cleanest FRS i seen was the one that debuted at sema a couple years back

FRSevolution-5.jpg

sema-2014-super-street-scion-itb-frs-shaved-engine-bay.jpg

upload_2018-2-1_21-53-38.png

The motor is what got me to be a fan of THIS car^.Even tho its nothing special that EFI setup got me hooked. Feel like the JDM/USDM community needed these cars.. Like the second coming of the Type R integra. Same goes for the BRZ's and the 86's. Might be reaching....

Last edited:
Yeah, I always just assumed Subaru didn't want to offer the BRZ with more power because they're concerned with it eating into WRX sales even though they're two different cars (even though they're both "performance" vehicles).

That being said, I don't see why Toyota can't at least do it. It doesn't even have to be that much.

I think 220-250 would be perfect.

My buddy has a FRS w/ a Jackson supercharger and that thing is a blast.

For Toyota theyre just being stubborn...the car does exactly what they want it to do and what it was made for as is...its just dumb from a business standpoint.

RIP

Attachments

• D3840746-B07F-48EC-A1FE-4CA665374148.jpeg
    D3840746-B07F-48EC-A1FE-4CA665374148.jpeg
    527.1 KB · Views: 23
http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/

If you buy the the cable from them, it will come with the software as well. From there, you load it onto a laptop, plug in into the car and from there, you can begin your modification.

I pick my battles wisely lol That was a car that would pass by my house when i had my Gen and would rev at me. I knew that the Gen stood no chance but now with this one, it’s a different story :lol: When it comes to VAGCOM there’s VCDS (https://www.uspmotorsports.com/Tools/Tools/VCDS-with-HEX-NET-PRO-WiFi-and-USB-Interface-16790.html) that I would be buying for my GTI. I’m pretty sure you can use it on your a3 but I’d call just to double check.

Thanks fellas! Looks like the software is the same on both. Looks like I will need a Windows laptop or Bootcamp my MBP. Is it pretty straight forward? I assume I can just buy the lowest tier (enthusiast)?

006A41A0-1CAD-403A-B48F-9B8FED5FD451.jpeg

Just hit 4K miles on the hot pocket in 7 months. I’d recommend it for anyone looking for a fun and comfortable daily. Definitely could use a tune. Another 30-40 hp and I’d be good.

The cleanest FRS i seen was the one that debuted at sema a couple years back

The motor is what got me to be a fan of THIS car^.Even tho its nothing special that EFI setup got me hooked. Feel like the JDM/USDM community needed these cars.. Like the second coming of the Type R integra. Same goes for the BRZ's and the 86's. Might be reaching....
Define clean.
01-ryan-tuerck-gumout-gt4586-sema-1.jpg
Ferrari.jpg

Do you mean the execution of it or the bodylines are clean in your opinion? I was following this cars YEARS before it was released when it was codenamed the FT86 in honor of the old AE86. However once they gave it to Scion I lost all interest in getting one.

At the time I was approaching 30 I believe, I was not going to drive around in a Scion. To me guys in there 30's don't drive Scions it is a young persons car. Personally think Toyota ruined the chances of this car Toyota has a certain heritage behind it, something Scion did not.

Just hit 4K miles on the hot pocket in 7 months. I’d recommend it for anyone looking for a fun and comfortable daily. Definitely could use a tune. Another 30-40 hp and I’d be good.
Seeing yours makes me like mine and it also makes me realize how poorly I treat that thing.

Thanks fellas! Looks like the software is the same on both. Looks like I will need a Windows laptop or Bootcamp my MBP. Is it pretty straight forward? I assume I can just buy the lowest tier (enthusiast)?
I bootcamped my MBP for my tune, simple really with a Windows 10 iso. But yeah, you wouldn’t need anything crazy as long as you can get diagnostic readings.

Damn, I’ve put almost 3k in two months :lol: We should line up if you get that tune :evil:

Define clean.
01-ryan-tuerck-gumout-gt4586-sema-1.jpg
Ferrari.jpg

Do you mean the execution of it or the bodylines are clean in your opinion? I was following this cars YEARS before it was released when it was codenamed the FT86 in honor of the old AE86. However once they gave it to Scion I lost all interest in getting one.

At the time I was approaching 30 I believe, I was not going to drive around in a Scion. To me guys in there 30's don't drive Scions it is a young persons car. Personally think Toyota ruined the chances of this car Toyota has a certain heritage behind it, something Scion did not.
I feel you. I'm 20 btw so I can probably see myself driving a tC even. But when I say a car is clean I'm talking from body, interior to under the hood with no exceptions. So when I was talking about that yellow FRS it was the execution that hooked me. BTW Ryan Tuerck is a legend for that red car. I wanna see what else he comes up with in he near future

man, some of these MPG you guys are listing. I don't know how you guys survive. Looks like Gas prices are going up too.

Man my bone stock 335i averages like 23-24. I drive like a grandma though because I live in the city and lead foot driving is pretty much pointless.

Man we live in Norcal, which is becoming more like Socal when it comes to traffic. So aint no point in going fast tbh.

Back
Top Bottom