\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Had a second gen Integra that I learned to drive clutch on when I was 16. I miss that car to this day. In general I miss cars from that era that were easy to diagnose and work on.

Finally got my historic black tag in

Attachments

• 1083BF36-BB59-4862-A60A-1AA750E07659.jpeg
    1083BF36-BB59-4862-A60A-1AA750E07659.jpeg
    403.1 KB · Views: 42
92809101990002.jpg

Any specific problems with these that i should know about? From what i know VG's are good motors.

Had a second gen Integra that I learned to drive clutch on when I was 16. I miss that car to this day. In general I miss cars from that era that were easy to diagnose and work on.

Growing up, i thought all the tech in the cars were dope. Now, not so much. The more tech the more issues youre bound to face.

Now i just like simple.

Back in 07 I used to do all the work on the old 2004 Acura TSX I had. I loved that car minus the electronics lol. I replaced the door actuators for both driver side doors, water pump, power steering pump, starter twice, second time I took it to get tested at auto zone and ended up working fine.. it was the battery terminals that were bad :smh::lol:

Learned from watching my pops diagnose and fix his early 90s cars.

Now I can't even change the oil on my car because I need a lift to remove the bottom plate to get to the drain plug and oil filter smh

Growing up, i thought all the tech in the cars were dope. Now, not so much. The more tech the more issues youre bound to face.

Now i just like simple.

@ Tesla door handles

Last edited:
Back in 07 I used to do all the work on the old 2004 Acura TSX I had. I loved that car minus the electronics lol. I replaced the door actuators for both driver side doors, water pump, power steering pump, starter twice, second time I took it to get tested at auto zone and ended up working fine.. it was the battery terminals that were bad :smh::lol:

Learned from watching my pops diagnose and fix his early 90s cars.

Now I can't even change the oil on my car because I need a lift to remove the bottom plate to get to the drain plug and oil filter smh
I have the exact same car, bought it 3 years ago, and yea that first model year has many issues. I've replaced the HID bulbs/ballast, starter, radiator, A/C compressor, alternator, passenger side door actuator, and many other minor parts.

The PCB went dead more than a year ago and now the buttons on the center console won't light up at night. I can't replace it cause Honda decided to discontinue the part even though it was a known common problem.

What Subaru is doing with the BRZ is infuriating.Just let it die at this point

You referring to the ts edition?

I am. I wanted it to be a great car and have wanted it for so long now I think we're at least 6 years into this mess. Could have been a "poor man's Cayman" but I really don't know what they're trying to do. It does nothing better than any price range competitor in any category other than look better than average. I feel like there's not one thing where if you love X aspect about a car you'll make other sacrifices to hop into a brz because it does it so well.

I am. I wanted it to be a great car and have wanted it for so long now I think we're at least 6 years into this mess. Could have been a "poor man's Cayman" but I really don't know what they're trying to do. It does nothing better than any price range competitor in any category other than look better than average. I feel like there's not one thing where if you love X aspect about a car you'll make other sacrifices to hop into a brz because it does it so well.

As ive stated before in this thread, i owned an FRS from the first week it came out until about 4 months ago. I loved the car and thought the handling and overall driving feel was amazing. It was super fun to drive daily and I was always looking for opportunities to wile out in it lol. But im no track driver or professional by any means

But yea all of their special editions have been pretty terrible on both Subaru and Toyota sides. And if they wanted to keep the car alive they HAD to add more power at some point in the first 5 or so years. Did i think it needed it? No. But thats what Americans, especially, crave.

The car, which is in a niche segment, is virtually unchanged from day one. The people that wanted it in that state got it within the first year or two. I dont understand it.

CrownRoyalDaddy CrownRoyalDaddy Agreed. I wanted one near day 1 as well. While I don't think that it's a necessarily a bad car it just seemed like it was going to be a really fun car. I guess I had an idea of what I wanted/thought it was going to be and then it keeps feeling like Subie is going for a cash grab/saying "**** off if you want more power buy a WRX"

92809101990002.jpg

Any specific problems with these that i should know about? From what i know VG's are good motors.

The V6 TT motors are quite difficult to work on due to the cramped engine bay. The NA V6 motors allow for more room to fix things. These cars are quite old and weren't sold in very high numbers so find the cleanest example that you can.

Hard to find and from what I hear the T tops were even harder to find and had a problem leaking.

They don't really have any crazy issues, the motors are harder to work on because there isn't a whole ton of room under the hood.

Here is a guide for what to look for: https://www.300zx.co.uk/tech/BuyingZ.htm
Thanks cuzzos and I'll check That link. Tbh I found a good amount on the Bay going for under 10k. I seen a '96 going for 6

Thats what im thinking of doing that exactly maybe add a turbo.

The twin turbo 300zs are turrible stay away
What's wrong with them?

The V6 TT motors are quite difficult to work on due to the cramped engine bay. The NA V6 motors allow for more room to fix things. These cars are quite old and weren't sold in very high numbers so find the cleanest example that you can.
Forsure. I plan on finding all my rides in clean condition. Same as my sneaks and anything else

Got to run this 330i coupe in my neighborhood, outcome was as I expected :lol: He kept doing his little crackle pop exhaust noise next to me lmao

^ my dude a pure bred street racer.

For my Audi and VW owners, can someone point me in the right direction for a VAGCOM? Need it for the A6. What software and hardware do I need to get going?

For my Audi and VW owners, can someone point me in the right direction for a VAGCOM? Need it for the A6. What software and hardware do I need to get going?

http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/

If you buy the the cable from them, it will come with the software as well. From there, you load it onto a laptop, plug in into the car and from there, you can begin your modification.

I pick my battles wisely lol That was a car that would pass by my house when i had my Gen and would rev at me. I knew that the Gen stood no chance but now with this one, it’s a different story :lol: When it comes to VAGCOM there’s VCDS (https://www.uspmotorsports.com/Tools/Tools/VCDS-with-HEX-NET-PRO-WiFi-and-USB-Interface-16790.html) that I would be buying for my GTI. I’m pretty sure you can use it on your a3 but I’d call just to double check.

CrownRoyalDaddy CrownRoyalDaddy Agreed. I wanted one near day 1 as well. While I don't think that it's a necessarily a bad car it just seemed like it was going to be a really fun car. I guess I had an idea of what I wanted/thought it was going to be and then it keeps feeling like Subie is going for a cash grab/saying "**** off if you want more power buy a WRX"

Yeah, I always just assumed Subaru didn't want to offer the BRZ with more power because they're concerned with it eating into WRX sales even though they're two different cars (even though they're both "performance" vehicles).

That being said, I don't see why Toyota can't at least do it. It doesn't even have to be that much.

I think 220-250 would be perfect.

My buddy has a FRS w/ a Jackson supercharger and that thing is a blast.

Back
Top Bottom