\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

20180403_103428.jpg

The full enchilada loot pack has arrived..

Whats it going on and what kind of power you expecting

2017 VW Golf R.
Been on APR Stage 1 for the original 20k miles. (19k after break in miles)
Just got some fresh meat yesterday. Michelin PS4S (245/35/19)

Going with APR Stage 2 software now w/ bolt-ons.

-AMS catted Downpipe
-Integrated Engineering Intercooler
-Eventuri Intake
-APR Turbo Inlet Pipe
-GO APR Decal Window Decal
-and Some new RS7 spark plugs and LiquiMoly Oil Change for good measure.

It's an off the shelf remap. Average advertised numbers = 377hp / 403 ft-lbs (349whp / 382wtq). Thats without the decal though. So prolly closer to 429hp

Getting some LiquiMoly next week for my oil change but let me know how you like the RS7 plugs.

Looking to get an older (mid to late 90s) Chevy truck. Either a Chevy 1500 or a GMC Sierra. Extended cab.

Been doing some research online and thought I'd throw it out here as well in case anyone has any opinions or tips.

Looking to get an older (mid to late 90s) Chevy truck. Either a Chevy 1500 or a GMC Sierra. Extended cab.

Been doing some research online and thought I'd throw it out here as well in case anyone has any opinions or tips.
Go 98 and up will save you alot of headaches. Any plans of towing? If not id get a 4.8 for gas mileage. Id look for the lowest mile one with your budget even if its not pretty.
Sidenote i just picked up a swang bucket.
89 fox :smile:

I’m prob just gonna end up with a Camry :blush:

They're taking you to Fosdick street with those prices. Do you have AAA? I recently went to one of their shops (not sure if you have to have a membership) and they did great work quickly and for the low

Go 98 and up will save you alot of headaches. Any plans of towing? If not id get a 4.8 for gas mileage. Id look for the lowest mile one with your budget even if its not pretty.
Sidenote i just picked up a swang bucket.
89 fox :smile:

Thanks for the input. No plans to tow. But did find what I feel is a sweet deal on a 96 GMC Sierra 4x4 with 135800 miles on it. Going to check it out. But i'll definitely open up to look for some 4.8s now.

Nice pick up on the 89!

Never had tints before but I'm thinking about getting 3M Crystalline tints, 70% on the windshield and 50% on the rest. Any thoughts/good idea/bad idea? Mostly getting it to block UV & Heat.

How much are you getting quoted. I got some top of the line $350 tint for my first car ever. I only wanted the best. I’ve found $125 Craigslist guys ever since then and feel like it’s the same ****. Never had the stuff bubble up or turn purple.

I find out in the next day or 2 if my 15 challenger Rt plus is totaled and cant figure out what to get? I am looking at Focus Rs, Charger 392 new or getting something cheaper like a used Bmw 3 series or new Honda Accord or civic. Any suggestions? Payments are not much more between any of them. Going the cheaper route is saving around $200 a month. For new my budget is $40,000 and cheap is $25,000 for a car that is a year or two old. I have found some good deals but involve a car with a prior accident.

I'm trying to find something in the $40-45 range myself, I narrowed my choices down to:
Chevy SS (2016-2017 range well below $40-45 with decent mileage)
CTS V Sport with the Premium Package
BMW 550i (2015-16 with the M Sport package)
ATS V (they're kind of small though)
Audi S6 ( on the fence about Audi)

I have time though and I fully expect to put a decent amount down.

I'm trying to find something in the $40-45 range myself, I narrowed my choices down to:

If you're spending 40-45K on a Cadillac, get you a CTS-V (v2) - Omit CTS-Vsport and ATS-V

I don't really like big midsize stuff.. out of those Id only consider the CTS V.
If matrix is considering the focus RS then I gotta say to consider the Golf R in that range. or the cheaper GTI which is like 85% of the car at much less cost (as much as 15k less.)

GTI w/Golf R turbo swap is basically a Golf R minus AWD system in terms of performance

Back
Top Bottom