\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Just got a '17 GT a couple weeks ago and looking to do some upgrades. I have been doing some reading on tuning and was wondering for CAI specifically, are tunes product specific? for example if I purchase a C &L intake and get a tune, will i have to re-tune the car if I get a Roush intake?

Thank in advance

Just got a '17 GT a couple weeks ago and looking to do some upgrades. I have been doing some reading on tuning and was wondering for CAI specifically, are tunes product specific? for example if I purchase a C &L intake and get a tune, will i have to re-tune the car if I get a Roush intake?

Thank in advance
I got one too :smile:

Thank in advance
In general bolt ons like a CAÍ aren’t tune specific. You can swap intakes via different brands and be okay.

Thank in advance
I’m sure you’ll be fine with just a tune and whatever intake you choose.
What color did you go with?

How much are you getting quoted. I got some top of the line $350 tint for my first car ever. I only wanted the best. I’ve found $125 Craigslist guys ever since then and feel like it’s the same ****. Never had the stuff bubble up or turn purple.
My friend did mine for 50 bucks when I got my mustang. Lasted 3 years no bubbles or anything and he was just a beginner. I’m sure the next owner still has them on

I got a 89 :smile: arguably the best generation :tongue:

As for the other guy id look for a ss with a 6 speed youll be able to find them cheaper then ctsv and imo they look better. Same engine trans and magnetic suspension. If not then ctsv> that ticking time bomb audi

2017 VW Golf R.
Been on APR Stage 1 for the original 20k miles. (19k after break in miles)
Just got some fresh meat yesterday. Michelin PS4S (245/35/19)

Going with APR Stage 2 software now w/ bolt-ons.

-AMS catted Downpipe
-Integrated Engineering Intercooler
-Eventuri Intake
-APR Turbo Inlet Pipe
-GO APR Decal Window Decal
-and Some new RS7 spark plugs and LiquiMoly Oil Change for good measure.

It's an off the shelf remap. Average advertised numbers = 377hp / 403 ft-lbs (349whp / 382wtq). Thats without the decal though. So prolly closer to 429hp
Enjoy, sir.

Ripping on mine daily for quite some time now . Its been rock solid with routine maintenance .

Man, I haven’t been in here for awhile.

I got a 89 :smile: arguably the best generation :tongue:

As for the other guy id look for a ss with a 6 speed youll be able to find them cheaper then ctsv and imo they look better. Same engine trans and magnetic suspension. If not then ctsv> that ticking time bomb audi

The SS only had LS3’s whereas the CTS-V(2) had the blown LSA. The SS did have magnetic dampers but only from ‘15 on. Both are good choices and can be had for about the same price. The Caddy is a few years older but has the power advantage.

The V2 has the MRC that they finally put on the SS’s.

The SS looks like a hybrid Malibu/Impala, and the interior is lacklusting. Fake Recaro racing seats and dash is just cheap looking.

Imo the ticket isnt worth $45K. My road dog has one. Sounds amazing. There’s a lot you can do with it.

I don't really like big midsize stuff.. out of those Id only consider the CTS V.
If matrix is considering the focus RS then I gotta say to consider the Golf R in that range. or the cheaper GTI which is like 85% of the car at much less cost (as much as 15k less.)
I dropped the focus rs and any manuel cars off my list cause i have tendinitis in my left foot and dont want to be stranded at home. My challenger that i totaled had a foot ebrake and i struggled to release it when my tendinitis was acting up. So i am down to 2 cars if nothing else pops up in the next 2 days. Cheap is a used 17 Camaro ss with 22.000 miles or a new 18 scat pack Challenger. I think i am i going to end up with a Geo metro ( one of the slowest cars ever made other than a orginal Vw Bug). I have never struggled at all with buying a car ever. thanks for everyone reading my thoughts and answering back.

20180317_171020.jpg
This will do until i throw a supercharger on top :ohwell:

Is it for an LS?

The V2 has the MRC that they finally put on the SS’s.

The SS looks like a hybrid Malibu/Impala, and the interior is lacklusting. Fake Recaro racing seats and dash is just cheap looking.

Imo the ticket isnt worth $45K. My road dog has one. Sounds amazing. There’s a lot you can do with it.

If I got the SS, I couldn't see myself cranking out more than 35k.

Anyone have experience with Toyota Cressida? MX83s have been growing on me but, I've been researching and have come across that the 7M-GE and its head gasket issues. Was looking into dailying for a bit, but how fragile are these engines? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom