\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

For the price of the vehicles Ninja they can be a little better.

The hard plastic everywhere in my Hellcat Charger blows. Same thing with my 07 and 10 wk1 srt. The 2015 jeep srt I had, the interior was much better though. I will say that

hyperbole much?

2018-dodge-challenger-srt-srt-hellcat-05-z-inline1-photo-694662-s-original.jpg

what exactly is da problem? remember its 50k because of da performance bits.

Nah no hyperboles........Materials felt cheap, hated the layout and seats weren’t comfortable and the cars just weren’t ergonomic....plastic everywhere...It just felt like I was in a much cheaper car.

Trust me, I wanted to like it...it was fun as hell to drive them but I couldn’t justify buying one with that interior. The sales man told me that’s the number one reason 2 of the hellcats have been sitting on the lot

:lol: I mean I get that...I love the performance of the cars, especially the hellcat but I want the total package when I’m paying that much.

I’m willing to sacrifice a little power for a better interior. I can understand someone’s value in the power alone...I just couldn’t do it. I need a nicer cabin.

I was talking to the homies earlier before we sparked to let me know if they see a termi for sale and 3/5 told me to just ls swap my fox the other told me to coyote swap it and my last homie told me to stop buying cars :lol:

Termy swap the Foxbody cuz. Damn a LS swap

Nah no hyperboles........Materials felt cheap, hated the layout and seats weren’t comfortable and the cars just weren’t ergonomic....plastic everywhere...It just felt like I was in a much cheaper car.

seats sre probably da most comfortable outta all da modern muscle cars...

plastic everywhere? nah b. now if you were talking bout da 1st gen LX Chargers there would be ZERO disagreements here.

charger-sport-interior.jpg

this is farrrr Superior than....

dodge-charger-interior-3.jpg

you gotta remember something b, muscle car fans are blue collar folks that value performance over luxury trim...this is why something like da scat pack exists... basically a base trim charger/challenger with da 392 hemi...all business.

Cat and mouse with a Hyabusa today at undisclosed speeds.... dude thought he was leaving traffic into open road, so I had him do a double take. :pimp:

Pilot Sport 4s do grip well into the triple digits.

plastic everywhere? nah b. now if you were talking bout da 1st gen LX Chargers there would be ZERO disagreements here.

you gotta remember something b, muscle car fans are blue collar folks that value performance over luxury trim...this is why something like da scat pack exists... basically a base trim charger/challenger with da 392 hemi...all business.

better be cause that's damn near a decade later.

and idk if that last bits true

So finally pulled the trigger on the 2018 Honda Accord. Found one dealer that got it down to $25,800 OTD. I emailed about 8 dealers and no one could match that price. I went in today thinking it would take 5-6 hours to get and purchase this car but it only took 3 hours since I already negotiated the price. The only other hassle was the warranty which we purchased since they gave us a 7 year / 120K mile warranty with 5 years of oil changes for $3K.

And I read on a Accord forum that Honda doesn't have factory alarms installed and that they would charge an additional price and goes what......they were right! Since when did alarms not come standard for cars? They wanted me to pay $500 additional but I told them I would get a 3rd party one.

So finally pulled the trigger on the 2018 Honda Accord. Found one dealer that got it down to $25,800 OTD. I emailed about 8 dealers and no one could match that price. I went in today thinking it would take 5-6 hours to get and purchase this car but it only took 3 hours since I already negotiated the price. The only other hassle was the warranty which we purchased since they gave us a 7 year / 120K mile warranty with 5 years of oil changes for $3K.

And I read on a Accord forum that Honda doesn't have factory alarms installed and that they would charge an additional price and goes what......they were right! Since when did alarms not come standard for cars? They wanted me to pay $500 additional but I told them I would get a 3rd party one.

congrats on the car!

Congrats oics?

Congrats on the car! Was this for the 2.0?

Congrats on the car! Was this for the 2.0?

It was for the 1.5. I mean it's going to be a family car so don't need that extra heat but man, I did noticed there was no second USB cord in the 1.5 model. I thought that was standard but I guess I was wrong.

I'll post some pics up when I actually take a legit shot. I am going to try and do some night photography on Treasure Island next week. Get a photo pretty much below. I'll post when it's done.

(not my pic)

Last edited:

charger-sport-interior.jpg

dodge-charger-interior-3.jpg

Come on ninja. You know I’m one of the biggest supporters of Chrysler brand on here. Even in 2018 the interiors are mainly cheap plastic

They look better than before but still cheap materials still being used.

I agree with ninja actually about the scat pack thing. Why have the scat pack if there’s already an SRT with the same exact engine?

cuz historical ethos of muscle cars were other wise blandly equipped economy cars stuffed with big block engines and performance bits.

people who do market research for these cars understand that its demographic will pay for performance at a higher clip than pay for a complete leather soft touch interior.

. You know I’m one of the biggest supporters of Chrysler brand on here. Even in 2018 the interiors are mainly cheap plastic

serious question, do fans of muscle cars care more about car interior or what's inside da hood?

here's my ENTIRE point..its called "conjoint analysis"

Last edited:
Come on ninja. You know I’m one of the biggest supporters of Chrysler brand on here. Even in 2018 the interiors are mainly cheap plastic

American cars definitely have the most uncomfortable seats. They're way too hard and stiff. When you sit in a Benz, its like night and day with how soft the leather is. And the interiors in American cars are definitely crap. You can tell how cheap the materials are compared to European counterparts. The level of detail and craftsmanship between most American cars and European counterparts is night and day.

In essence though, you can't expect much from American cars. They have to cater to the market. Most Americans are pretty large and overweight compared to the rest of the world so they have to put a lot more support in the seats. In regards to the interior, to keep it cost competitive and offer that better bang for the buck, they have to cut costs somewhere. You have to sacrifice the interior in order to offer performance at a great price.

IMO, having a great interior is pretty important. The lines have definitely blurred compared to the 60s/70s. So many car companies now that can offer a combination of a strong performance and beautifully crafted interior. That's where I'm going to be spending most of my time in the car. Plus 90% of the time, I'll never be able to open the car up to its full potential anyways so having all that performance would be wasted.

Last edited:
All of the cars from dodge have trash interiors. Even the viper trash. Hell of a car perfomance wise tho.

You got camrys and accords looking better.

Class ninja is in session

to make a long story short, FCA figured out their paying customers thru various forms/applications/surveys would pay X amount of $ for a charger if it had Y amount of horses...

they know how low or high interiors are based on buying habits b, hence why ish is what it is...its a science.

I compared the Focus ST to the GTI’s interior when I was looking at both. Horrendous in the FoST. Even the RS is disappointing with its touch screen and “Sony” dial controls in the center console. :sick:

Back
Top Bottom