\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

E6C39E2C-0B4E-486B-A372-88FC0703FF60.jpeg

Had to take my shield guard under the hood off today cause the metal part started dragging on the concrete. Dude at the Dodge service center told me that it's not that important in the summer and I should just drive more carefully and since it's a cosmetic issue it's not covered with warranty. I have a appointment on Friday and I'm quite sure they gonna hit me over the head, how much do they usually run ?

Not trying to be a wise guy here, but the parts department at the dealer should be able to quickly get you the cost of that part. Also pretty sure that part # will be stamped somewhere on it if you want to check online.

The metal part's a heat shield and is probably most useful in the summer due to the ambient heat on top of the engine heat. Service guy's a clown for stating the opposite.

That said if it's all one piece you will have to replace the entire part with a new one. It shouldn't be terribly expensive.

Not trying to be a wise guy here, but the parts department at the dealer should be able to quickly get you the cost of that part. Also pretty sure that part # will be stamped somewhere on it if you want to check online.

The metal part's a heat shield and is probably most useful in the summer due to the ambient heat on top of the engine heat. Service guy's a clown for stating the opposite.

I have an appointment for Friday. The conversation I had with dude was on the way out, he was directing traffic into the service center so I thought I'd ask him about the severity of it. Obviously son didn't know what the hell he was talking about

I have an appointment for Friday. The conversation I had with dude was on the way out, he was directing traffic into the service center so I thought I'd ask him about the severity of it. Obviously son didn't know what the hell he was talking about

Those service center cats are useless as hell - wish they'd hire actual cats with automotive knowledge instead of sales guys. They'll just try to hustle unneeded service work on you.

That said if it's all one piece you will have to replace the entire part with a new one. It shouldn't be terribly expensive.

Yeah hearing that a heat shield is needed less in the summer is like wtf. It's those spontaneous warm breezes in the winter that'll get you huh :lol:

So I went and got the challenger back
And said I was gonna have to replace the whole exhaust y shape ****
Dude said they wasn’t gonna charge me labor
Blah blah blah
And it is the valve
Not opening all the way
So I could chop it but would void my extended warranty
But I need to replace the whole exhaust
He quoted me 2200 plus tax
What y’all think
Honest opinions

Blah blah blah
And it is the valve
Not opening all the way
What y’all think
Honest opinions
How will an exhaust mod void your warranty but yet it isn’t covered. Funny how that works

Dumb question for people out there. I know auto body repair is different from shop to shop and even each state. I scratched my bumper the other day and it's annoying me. I went to some shops and they are all quoting me about $1000 or so for this repair cause they have to paint the whole bumper. Would something like Maaco be worth the effort to go to to get something like this done? Or are they just that bad?

Dumb question for people out there. I know auto body repair is different from shop to shop and even each state. I scratched my bumper the other day and it's annoying me. I went to some shops and they are all quoting me about $1000 or so for this repair cause they have to paint the whole bumper. Would something like Maaco be worth the effort to go to to get something like this done? Or are they just that bad?
Nah maaco is trash.

Use yelp and find a shop that way. Or ask around with fam or friends in the area.

Ive heard of people getting charged a 1000 just for painting a bumper but doesnt mean u cant find it cheaper.

Blah blah blah
And it is the valve
Not opening all the way
What y’all think
Honest opinions

Hell nah.

Find a local shop to do it.

Why pay dealer tax for something that isnt under warranty .

Back
Top Bottom