\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Agreed on used cars. Few years back I bought a ZJ Grand Cherokee for a beater. Saw the ad, "runs great, well maintained" ! I test drove it, drove great. I paid the guy the money. I legit no joke found a parking spot and the serp belt broke. Got it towed and as the Jeep was getting on the flatbed, the exhaust fell and I saw it was all rusted out on the top where the exhaust is up against the chassis. :stoneface:

I junked it and lost about 1500. lol

Will never buy a used car again.
:rofl:

Agreed on used cars. Few years back I bought a ZJ Grand Cherokee for a beater. Saw the ad, "runs great, well maintained" ! I test drove it, drove great. I paid the guy the money. I legit no joke found a parking spot and the serp belt broke. Got it towed and as the Jeep was getting on the flatbed, the exhaust fell and I saw it was all rusted out on the top where the exhaust is up against the chassis. :stoneface:

Wow lol

You got no one to blame but yourself.

What im saying is dont deter from buying used based off of one incident that was operator error.

But hey if you got the funds for new and dont mind taking a huge depreciation hit, by all means do you.

What im saying is dont deter from buying used based off of one incident that was operator error.

But hey if you got the funds for new and dont mind taking a huge depreciation hit, by all means do you.

I’m done with it. Always gonna buy new and I’ll take the depreciation hit willingly while knowing every mile was by me and it was taken care of.

Plus going and looking at used cars is annoying. To me at least. Bc you are looking and looking at **** before you hope you found something decent

new-car-smell.jpg

Lol you talkin about one of these?

Absolutely not. It smells more like mall kiosk cologne

Put 360 miles on my new new, when does the new car smell typically disappear?

Does “new car smell” scents actually smell as such? :lol:

For my hellcat it took little over a yr

2 things

Dont fart or eat in the car and the new car smell will stay lol

Even after the smell goes, dont ever eat in the car lol

Damn that is tough, fortunately I have been pretty lucky with buying used cars. Curious what kind of checks did you before buying it, did you do a quick visual inspection only? Also why not buy a used car from a dealer?

No the scents don't smell like new cars, total BS. A coworker bought a used Tahoe but it has the new car smell, we were wondering where they get that scent or how to reproduce it.

Damn that is tough, fortunately I have been pretty lucky with buying used cars. Curious what kind of checks did you before buying it, did you do a quick visual inspection only? Also why not buy a used car from a dealer?

No the scents don't smell like new cars, total BS. A coworker bought a used Tahoe but it has the new car smell, we were wondering where they get that scent or how to reproduce it.

I did a visual and a test drive.

I wont buy a used one from a dealer bc the price you are paying, you might as well spend a little more and buy new.

Like my beater, I got it new and the 19k miles on it are all by me. All maintenance was done corrextly and on time and will continue to be.

when i bought my scat, i drove up to see it didnt even test drive it.
just handed the man the money and bounced in the car didnt look back
hopefully its all good after its out of warranty :lol:

I did a visual and a test drive.

I wont buy a used one from a dealer bc the price you are paying, you might as well spend a little more and buy new.

Like my beater, I got it new and the 19k miles on it are all by me. All maintenance was done corrextly and on time and will continue to be.

I feel you. Truck drove perfect, visual test was good, should have done a leak down and I would have gave it an easy pass. At least I know A frontier drives well with a blown motor. :lol:

New engine
Fuel pump
Radiator
FOUR new cats, no I’m not straight piping it the engine sounds awful.

I was almost gonna scrap it and then said **** it. For a mere 8k it’s running well with an engine under warranty. :lol:

I didn’t wanna roll the dice again. At least I know what I got now. NEVER buying a used daily again.

I feel you. Truck drove perfect, visual test was good, should have done a leak down and I would have gave it an easy pass. At least I know A frontier drives well with a blown motor. :lol:

New engine
Fuel pump
Radiator
FOUR new cats, no I’m not straight piping it the engine sounds awful.

I was almost gonna scrap it and then said **** it. For a mere 8k it’s running well with an engine under warranty. :lol:

I didn’t wanna roll the dice again. At least I know what I got now. NEVER buying a used daily again.
Forgot what year is the Frontier? After all that a nice beater to go playing off road.

Forgot what year is the Frontier? After all that a nice beater to go playing off road.

2006 nismo. It’s actually clean as hell. It’s got a rear locker in it already and I threw in ome suspension becasue the stock suspension was shot.

I’ve already taken it off road, with some better tires it’d be a beast. It still does good though. I’m gonna keep this thing forever and probably cop a wrx once I got student loans paid off.

My Challenger still has the "new car smell" after 3 years. Like air spider said do not eat or fart inside the car & the smell will last much longer. Also, when I clean the interior I don't use any leather or cleaning products on any part of the interior/leather. I'm not a fan of it since the car is still pretty new. I simply spray lil bit of cold water on a soft microfiber towel & wipe away the surfaces.

My Challenger still has the "new car smell" after 3 years. Like air spider said do not eat or fart inside the car & the smell will last much longer. Also, when I clean the interior I don't use any leather or cleaning products on any part of the interior/leather. I'm not a fan of it since the car is still pretty new. I simply spray lil bit of cold water on a soft microfiber towel & wipe away the surfaces.
You forgot to mention that both of you also don't daily drive those cars either, lol.

Back
Top Bottom