\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

I looked into swapalease a couple months back. They have you explore two options. Depending on the car company, they first ask if you can transfer the lease to someone. If not, they have you request the payoff amount from the company, then Swapalease will advertise the car for you for a small fee (like $100-150) to potential buyers. Then they’ll give the leasing company a check to get you out of the lease. In the end, I decided it wasn’t worth the hassle and decided to just ride out the remaining couple months on the lease.

Im pretty sure my lease is transferable which should make it easier. Im really considering putting my car on there

Agreed on used cars. Few years back I bought a ZJ Grand Cherokee for a beater. Saw the ad, "runs great, well maintained" ! I test drove it, drove great. I paid the guy the money. I legit no joke found a parking spot and the serp belt broke. Got it towed and as the Jeep was getting on the flatbed, the exhaust fell and I saw it was all rusted out on the top where the exhaust is up against the chassis. :stoneface:

I junked it and lost about 1500. lol

Will never buy a used car again.

In a capitalist society never believe a car ad that says "highway miles", "runs great and well maintained". ALWAYS get a preinspection, get the car lifted and thoroughly checked under and for codes and recalls before buying any used auto.

Last edited:
20181006_102852_LI.jpg

40-year-old dad flow. My 1st hybrid, loving the comfort, reliability and 36 mpg.

Lol I'm thinking I want one too after seeing the gains from just a tune and e85.
They’re going for around 50k used. With around 20k down and a solid rate/loan, I can see around 510-570 being a monthly payment. Way more than my limit of 400 for a car but it’s definitely doable. Insurance wouldn’t be bad either. This is long term ahead.

ive gotten cars like up to 5-7 years old that still had new car smelled atleast to my nose but within a week one of my boys always lights one up in the jawn and "blesses it" so my cars end up smelling like a middle aged spanish womans home with all the cleaning **** i put in it for 12

Savagegeese is cool. I like his reviews because they’re in depth and he’s honest about the vehicle, I like Doug Demuro too, but just because his reviews are entertaining, but not really deep.

Last edited:
I've had 17 different used cars over the years, I've never bought new (for what I want, I can't afford new). Always had an inspection on vehicles over 7-8000, and I've never had a major issue with any of them. Paying $150 for piece of mind has always been worth it for me, and it's also saved me from buying a couple lemons throughout the years too. Down the road when I'm making good money, my outlook will probably change, but buying used has definitely served me well so far.

But yea, I hear ya air spider 777 air spider 777 , I wouldn't have a problem buying something for $1500 after a visual and a test drive, you just gotta go into it knowing it's a gamble, which you did. Buying a 40k scat pack though privately with no inspection..... man just pay the $150 and have some piece of mind!
I don't know if it is up to the owner but can't you take the car to get inspected before buying the car? I had a guy offer to have the car inspected before I bought it, but I didn't care. I just bought it then and there and would accept the cost/headache.
Is that Woodbridge, looks like the apartments off 95 in Lorton. I knew some people that lived over there.

Savagegeese is cool. I like his reviews because they’re in depth and he’s honest about the vehicle, I like Doug Demuro too, but just because his reviews are entertaining, but not really deep.
Yeah his in depth E90 M3 review was what got me hooked on his videos. The garage segments of hos reviews always bring the luls too. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom