\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

I feel you. Truck drove perfect, visual test was good, should have done a leak down and I would have gave it an easy pass. At least I know A frontier drives well with a blown motor. :lol:

New engine
Fuel pump
Radiator
FOUR new cats, no I’m not straight piping it the engine sounds awful.

I was almost gonna scrap it and then said **** it. For a mere 8k it’s running well with an engine under warranty. :lol:

I didn’t wanna roll the dice again. At least I know what I got now. NEVER buying a used daily again.
You’ve put 8k into it already?

I’ve had my car 1 and a half years and I don’t smell the new car smell anymore but I’ve had people go in it and say wow it still smells new. It is my daily I don’t eat in it but have farted occasionally with the sunroof open :lol:

I’ve had my car 1 and a half years and I don’t smell the new car smell anymore but I’ve had people go in it and say wow it still smells new. It is my daily I don’t eat in it but have farted occasionally with the sunroof open :lol:
Maybe your sense of smell has adjusted to it since it's your daily. Someone who doesn't sit in the car everyday will be hit with scent right away. Weird thing our senses are

Just ran the GT2 and ACR on dyno that we had at the shop today to get our race car tuned for the upcoming NASA season. Anyone got WHP guesses on these 2 bad beasts? ACR bone stock. GT2 is tuned on pump gas
IMG_20190308_144109.jpg

IMG_20190308_144048.jpg

Agreed on used cars. Few years back I bought a ZJ Grand Cherokee for a beater. Saw the ad, "runs great, well maintained" ! I test drove it, drove great. I paid the guy the money. I legit no joke found a parking spot and the serp belt broke. Got it towed and as the Jeep was getting on the flatbed, the exhaust fell and I saw it was all rusted out on the top where the exhaust is up against the chassis. :stoneface:

I junked it and lost about 1500. lol

Will never buy a used car again.

posed to bring a mechanic for a pretrip inspection.

Just ran the GT2 and ACR on dyno that we had at the shop today to get our race car tuned for the upcoming NASA season. Anyone got WHP guesses on these 2 bad beasts? ACR bone stock. GT2 is tuned on pump gas
IMG_20190308_144109.jpg

IMG_20190308_144048.jpg

Just saw your guys IG Story. Geez I gotta stop by when you guys do the early morning Saturday meets. Cool part living in Rancho is seeing all the dope cars come through that morning haha

Just saw your guys IG Story. Geez I gotta stop by when you guys do the early morning Saturday meets. Cool part living in Rancho is seeing all the dope cars come through that morning haha
Were not doing it here anymore that was temporary. It's back at the Folsom Palladio now

I've had 17 different used cars over the years, I've never bought new (for what I want, I can't afford new). Always had an inspection on vehicles over 7-8000, and I've never had a major issue with any of them. Paying $150 for piece of mind has always been worth it for me, and it's also saved me from buying a couple lemons throughout the years too. Down the road when I'm making good money, my outlook will probably change, but buying used has definitely served me well so far.

But yea, I hear ya air spider 777 air spider 777 , I wouldn't have a problem buying something for $1500 after a visual and a test drive, you just gotta go into it knowing it's a gamble, which you did. Buying a 40k scat pack though privately with no inspection..... man just pay the $150 and have some piece of mind!

What im saying is dont deter from buying used based off of one incident that was operator error.

But hey if you got the funds for new and dont mind taking a huge depreciation hit, by all means do you.
My rule of thumb when buying new is to buy a car that holds their value well. I basically paid $5k to drive my 2016 WRX around for three & a half years. I doubt I’d lose much money on the Type R in the future.

Im definitely not opposed to buying used if it’s the perfect example. Most cars I wouldn’t consider new, because I don’t feel they’re worth the price and I simply can’t afford it :lol: Most people you see with brand new luxury whips are leasing them. Most of the people who purchase them CPO or second hand plan to hold on to them for a while.

CPo is cool. As long as you got a year under warranty so you don’t get screwed a week after you bought it.

And yeah I don’t blame you for buying a new wrx. I’d get a new one too unless an old person had it and it was stock.

Ahh man, that sucks. I'd be super pissed off man. Beauty of a car too. People need to invest in wheel locks, it surprises me how many people don't even know that wheel locks exist. I have 20 locks on my rims altogether for both my cars...5 locks per rim, hopefully that stops these damn thieves lol

New car smell is nothing more than a combination of chemicals which will likely give you cancer, the sooner you stop smelling it, the longer you'll likely live.

Center locks :emoji_nerd:

Are the biggest nuisance imaginable.

- Guy who's owned two consecutive cars with centerlock wheels.

Has anybody used one of these sites such as swapalease to get out of your lease early? Tryna get out of the last 2 years or so of my car

Has anybody used one of these sites such as swapalease to get out of your lease early? Tryna get out of the last 2 years or so of my car

I looked into swapalease a couple months back. They have you explore two options. Depending on the car company, they first ask if you can transfer the lease to someone. If not, they have you request the payoff amount from the company, then Swapalease will advertise the car for you for a small fee (like $100-150) to potential buyers. Then they’ll give the leasing company a check to get you out of the lease. In the end, I decided it wasn’t worth the hassle and decided to just ride out the remaining couple months on the lease.

Back
Top Bottom