\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Car need a new transmission and dealership said that’s like 10k :lol: :lol: , something else wrong with car but that number, the main one that stuck to me. I’m praying insurance just total the car:lol:. Knowing my luck I won’t get that lucky.
9C1E8EEC-68D0-4D81-9FED-CF897FCD7FF4.jpeg
After got home I hit half of this, now after this phone call I think it’s time to finish the bottle :lol: :lol:
What car? 10k is too high

What car? 10k is too high

370z, no way a transmission should cost that much, I’m gonna see if I can have car moved to another location. Have someone that said they can just swap the same transmission in from the Infiniti 3.0t for way cheaper. dealership trying to scam me I think.

shell all day. sometimes chevron but is usually more expensive if i find it for the same price or cheaper ill get chevron.
yall notice gas prices going up? ****s 4 dollars a gallon out here in socal now :sick:
It's funny you mentioned that. With my Shell fuel rewards app, I steadily have seen the gas prices going up past month or so. As of today premium 93 is at $2.80. A month ago it was around $2.20 range. I thought winter meant lower fuel prices...guess not. Not surprised it's all the way upto $4 in your area. Cali always be having some of the highest national averages for gas

370z, no way a transmission should cost that much, I’m gonna see if I can have car moved to another location. Have someone that said they can just swap the same transmission in from the Infiniti 3.0t for way cheaper. dealership trying to scam me I think.
Get a used transmission from car-part

Car need a new transmission and dealership said that’s like 10k :lol: :lol: , something else wrong with car but that number, the main one that stuck to me. I’m praying insurance just total the car:lol:. Knowing my luck I won’t get that lucky.
After got home I hit half of this, now after this phone call I think it’s time to finish the bottle :lol: :lol:
10k is crazy talk you can go buy another car with that :lol:.
If it was driving fine before the pan cracked and it was parked immediately after its a scam. If the pan cracked and you kept driving it, then it's most likely you ran the transmission dry and it is most likely done.
Keep ya head up and buy a used transmission for 1500 and find someone to throw it in for cheap.

Depends on the tire model/brand. 17k does seem pretty low though. Just check the tread and see if they’re at the wear bars.

Some high performance tires start at 6/32" of tread and not the normal 9-12 a regular tire starts at. My friend who I sold a 2019 GT350 to, took it to his shop for yearly state inspection the following year after he picked it up. He only had about 5K on it and they were telling him he needs tires to pass. He called me and I said dude is blind. Asked him to tell the service manager to look at a new GT350 they have on their lot (he lives 3 hours from me but always came to see me for his Shelby purchases as we never marked them up (at the time when I was working).

He said later manager came back to apologize and said he was shocked the tires on a new car look so thin in the tread. I said dude has ZERO clue on the cars they sell/service. Just another reason why some places/employees give dealerships a bad name and reputation.

10k is crazy talk you can go buy another car with that :lol:.
If it was driving fine before the pan cracked and it was parked immediately after its a scam. If the pan cracked and you kept driving it, then it's most likely you ran the transmission dry and it is most likely done.
Keep ya head up and buy a used transmission for 1500 and find someone to throw it in for cheap.

thanks yeah I was thinking they was trying to finesse, once Geico adjuster look at car and tell me price, gonna tell them I know a shop that can do it for way cheaper. Found two already who only want like $800-1200 topa. Nissan Dealership just trying to get that free insurance money it seems.

Some high performance tires start at 6/32" of tread and not the normal 9-12 a regular tire starts at. My friend who I sold a 2019 GT350 to, took it to his shop for yearly state inspection the following year after he picked it up. He only had about 5K on it and they were telling him he needs tires to pass. He called me and I said dude is blind. Asked him to tell the service manager to look at a new GT350 they have on their lot (he lives 3 hours from me but always came to see me for his Shelby purchases as we never marked them up (at the time when I was working).

He said later manager came back to apologize and said he was shocked the tires on a new car look so thin in the tread. I said dude has ZERO clue on the cars they sell/service. Just another reason why some places/employees give dealerships a bad name and reputation.

yeah the pilot sport cups have a low wear rating too. I’m guessing my R888R’s are gonna last less than 7k miles lol

true lol, being low for sure don’t help this cause. Truck driver told me it’s the transmission pan That need to be replaced so not sure how serious that is but know this gonna cost me for sure.
428457D2-A79E-4464-A326-7207C703A7F5.gif

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/05/gm-...et-wrestles-with-how-to-revalue-detroit-.html

Ford and GM going all in on EV :wink: Why ya'll complaining about gas prices for? Ya'll said you would never move over to an EV. ICE all day right?
:lol:

u know craigslist is full of perfectly beautiful comBUSTing powered vehicles right?

there will almost always be a market for every consumer in most industries.

there will be someone capitalizing on the consumers who want ev's and there will also be some catering to those who do not wanna be a beta tester for the ev's

everyone is covered fam

I thought winter meant lower fuel prices...guess not. Not surprised it's all the way upto $4 in your area. Cali always be having some of the highest national averages for gas
You are correct. The winter blend is actually cheaper than the summer blend. In the winter, they relax some of the specs. For better combustion because of the colder weather. And in doing so, more states can use those blends. And in the summer, it's reversed. Which only a select few states can run the "California" gas.

Speaking of gas prices, Cali pays the highest prices per gallon because of all the added "taxes" on top. Oil companies see none of that.

When I used to work for a fuel company come winter time we’d get so much extra ot running straight #1 diesel to iowa because all they can legally sell there is bio. In the winter that’s no good.

it’s weird how it varies from state to state.

I would have no prob having an EV for a daily but IDK how they are going to put charging stations in NYC and other big cities. There are no spaces to begin with and how are they going to solve the problem of people vandalizing the station and/or your plug to your vehicle? There are so many POS people in NYC.

Back
Top Bottom