\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

I notice you mention 4Runner so you’d be leaning SUV not Truck? There are too many options then if you are going to lease. For example Chevy which I sell, TrailBlazer has a 36mo option for like $200, Blazer like 209, Traverse like $330, Tahoe is $500 something. Trucks fit the description of what you’ll use it for, You can lease a CoLorado 4wD LT CREW for like $220 but the full size Turbo Silverado is $309....I think that’s the way to go Truck>SUV but for 300, really just picking one...

contractors move a lot of the heavy duty stuff, but I’ve found myself moving tile/marble/toilets and stuff like that. I expected to be done by now but I have been remodeling since the March lockdown and I’m pretty sure it will continue through the next 6 months.

not a truck person (except maybe gladiator) but I would love a cool 4x4 type of SUV that I can take in the snow and dog hauling once I’m done renovating.

I mentioned the 4Runner because I grew up with Toyota’s and it seems to fit my needs perfectly, but comparing the price I found it funny that I could lease a 330e (tax credits applied to lease) with solid options for about half the price (600 vs 300). Granted it’s not perfect for my situation, but the 4Runner is so outdated by comparison with a similar MSRP.

I would go suv over truck for the dogs. I wouldn’t want my dogs going any more than a few miles in the back of an open bed. Main reason I’d go wrangler over gladiator.

#ToyotaGang #YotaBoyz
95A2D83C-6D66-4B1B-9626-807E4698C52C.jpeg

628C89EE-905E-45CB-A5C7-58D6E4B580D1.jpeg

I sold Explorers for 23 years. Your not leasing a new Explorer for $300ish a month without a LARGE down payment. Heck, Escape leases were in the $400+ range with money down when I was last at work (January 2020). Ford just doesn't have good leases. 0% for 72, sure, but leasing, they never run good deals unless it's an STX F150 but even then, several grand down plus start-ups were needed. Their best least was the Fusion Energi. The tax credit went back to Ford, so they made the rebates like $12K or so when I did my car. $0 down only 1st & tags and it was $250 a month including tax. And that was a Titanium with basically everything less a sunroof. I'm at 290 as I took 15K, per (instead of 12k) and wearcare as it covers any damage up to $5K on the car.

Want to lease a 300ish a month car because I’m remodeling my house and it’s messing up my car pretty badly. What’s a decent option in this range? Mainly hauling small loads from Home Depot and also for dog hauling, I don’t have one now but am planning on getting one in the near future.

ideally I want a 4Runner 4x4 limited nightshade but they’re like 55k, and I know people are leasing BMW 330e’s for less so it might make more sense for me to do something like that. Willing to hear some options. The key is nothing fancy unless it’s a cheap lease and I wash my hands of it.

the car will be parked outside it’s entire life

Why would you lease something just to mess it up and have to pay damage on that?

I would just get a decent beater.

I seen this filming a Mini Cooper commercial on Broadway in DTLA.

The stunt drivers are incredibly good :nthat:
That's dope. I'd imagine they would be. Got to conatantly make adjustments with the steering when it's rolling. I'm going to look it up & see if they have footage of it while doing it's thing

Is it basically the same experience as the sq7? What was your overall impression?
In regards to the Q7 vs Q8 my impression was that the transmission and suspension are tuned differently. Q7 self softer and more family oriented versus the Q8 felt firmer and more performance oriented. The pedal feel in the Q8 felt more responsive than in the Q7.

if you don’t use need a 3rd row I would pick the SQ8 , especially over the X5

I would imagine the same

Took the wife to see if she likes the RS3, after her fondness of the Q3, dislike of the XC40 and the "Flashy" GLA, CLA and A. She currently has a mini and refused to step into a BMW dealer.

She loved the RS3, but it hasn't been updated since 2015. Looks like the A3, S3 and RS3 skipped the US for the 2021MY. I don't think the RS3 has been introduced in the UK yet and I explained to my wife we may not get it until 2023. The sales guy mentioned the RS Q3 is coming to the states. HAs anybody heard this. I know there were talks in 2018ish about an SQ3, but nothing about an RS.

my understanding is the sq3 is coming but not the rs.

what exactly are you referring to when you say EV adoption costs?
Okay lets say i wanna buy an suv.

there is a gas version that costs 50k now if i want the ev version it costs more for the same car but you are paying extra for the ev version to “save gas” yet that money spent can pay for years of fuel

over time as EVs become cheaper this difference in price will become closer and closer.

Back
Top Bottom