\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

I would have no prob having an EV for a daily but IDK how they are going to put charging stations in NYC and other big cities. There are no spaces to begin with and how are they going to solve the problem of people vandalizing the station and/or your plug to your vehicle? There are so many POS people in NYC.

Outer boroughs, in garages in the city, transform some spaces into supercharger hubs. I dont see if being too too big of problem.

Everyone knows to gas up before you head into the city anyways, so charge up before you go into the city.

After some spirited driving and getting embarrassed by a 720s. Dude went from 80-130 before I could blink.
5A7C793B-59A2-490D-8B7B-DF2D14FB6D79.jpeg

Last edited:
Looking forward to hearing your feedback. Drove an sq7 but haven’t seen a sq8 yet. Next car will more than likely be one of them or x5 m50i
Ok I had it all last week, being as you’ve already drove a SQ7 what do you want to know about the SQ8?

Outer boroughs, in garages in the city, transform some spaces into supercharger hubs. I dont see if being too too big of problem.

Everyone knows to gas up before you head into the city anyways, so charge up before you go into the city.

I live in Manhattan though. I cant throw an extension cord out my condo window. And I shouldnt be forced to pay for another garage spot in the city just to charge my car.
Again if I lived in a house, I would love an EV for a daily.

I live in Manhattan though. I cant throw an extension cord out my condo window. And I shouldnt be forced to pay for another garage spot in the city just to charge my car.
Move to California its Tesla country out here :lol:

Ah I knew you worked in the city, didnt know you lived there as well. Your garage will probably get chargers by then, hopefully enough for everyone which is an entirely different question. I could already see issues where people are waiting to charge their cars, theres only 3 spots and 2 spots are taken by owners with fully charged cars but their fast asleep on the couch.

Pressure your condo to invest in some chargers. I'm sure that condo fee isn't cheap.

Ah I knew you worked in the city, didnt know you lived there as well. Your garage will probably get chargers by then, hopefully enough for everyone which is an entirely different question. I could already see issues where people are waiting to charge their cars, theres only 3 spots and 2 spots are taken by owners with fully charged cars but their fast asleep on the couch.

Garage is for the Hellcat. I street park my Grand Cherokee.
So my daily if it was an EV would be out in the street.
The city hasnt thought this stuff through but they are in a rush to get everyone to go electric.
IDK but lets see how this damn city explains this. Lol

Garage is for the Hellcat. I street park my Grand Cherokee.
So my daily if it was an EV would be out in the street.
The city hasnt thought this stuff through but they are in a rush to get everyone to go electric.
IDK but lets see how this damn city explains this. Lol
trust in musk

:lol:

Took the wife to see if she likes the RS3, after her fondness of the Q3, dislike of the XC40 and the "Flashy" GLA, CLA and A. She currently has a mini and refused to step into a BMW dealer.

She loved the RS3, but it hasn't been updated since 2015. Looks like the A3, S3 and RS3 skipped the US for the 2021MY. I don't think the RS3 has been introduced in the UK yet and I explained to my wife we may not get it until 2023. The sales guy mentioned the RS Q3 is coming to the states. HAs anybody heard this. I know there were talks in 2018ish about an SQ3, but nothing about an RS.

Took the wife to see if she likes the RS3, after her fondness of the Q3, dislike of the XC40 and the "Flashy" GLA, CLA and A. She currently has a mini and refused to step into a BMW dealer.

She loved the RS3, but it hasn't been updated since 2015. Looks like the A3, S3 and RS3 skipped the US for the 2021MY. I don't think the RS3 has been introduced in the UK yet and I explained to my wife we may not get it until 2023. The sales guy mentioned the RS Q3 is coming to the states. HAs anybody heard this. I know there were talks in 2018ish about an SQ3, but nothing about an RS.

i lowkey love those whips

If I can get one at MSRP or less I’m in.
I’ve been waiting on that “last vehicle I will ever buy” and eyeing an ELectric to be that Unit, this fits all my criteria. I don’t think the first runs will have full autonomy so I might have to wait a year or two but......this is quite possibly the last vehicle I ever purchase.

Want to lease a 300ish a month car because I’m remodeling my house and it’s messing up my car pretty badly. What’s a decent option in this range? Mainly hauling small loads from Home Depot and also for dog hauling, I don’t have one now but am planning on getting one in the near future.

ideally I want a 4Runner 4x4 limited nightshade but they’re like 55k, and I know people are leasing BMW 330e’s for less so it might make more sense for me to do something like that. Willing to hear some options. The key is nothing fancy unless it’s a cheap lease and I wash my hands of it.

the car will be parked outside it’s entire life

Want to lease a 300ish a month car because I’m remodeling my house and it’s messing up my car pretty badly. What’s a decent option in this range? Mainly hauling small loads from Home Depot and also for dog hauling, I don’t have one now but am planning on getting one in the near future.

ideally I want a 4Runner 4x4 limited nightshade but they’re like 55k, and I know people are leasing BMW 330e’s for less so it might make more sense for me to do something like that. Willing to hear some options. The key is nothing fancy unless it’s a cheap lease and I wash my hands of it.

I’d just buy a $10k Truck, you should be able to resell it for what you put into it even after the use and mileage.

Tacoma or ridgeline

the chevy colorado's lease for dirt cheap (hit up a lease broker) and have carplay plus the 4 banger gets super gas mileage.

tax write off for me. Otherwise I’d be doing that.
I notice you mention 4Runner so you’d be leaning SUV not Truck? There are too many options then if you are going to lease. For example Chevy which I sell, TrailBlazer has a 36mo option for like $200, Blazer like 209, Traverse like $330, Tahoe is $500 something. Trucks fit the description of what you’ll use it for, You can lease a CoLorado 4wD LT CREW for like $220 but the full size Turbo Silverado is $309....I think that’s the way to go Truck>SUV but for 300, really just picking one...

Anyone have a good suggestion for aftermarket car alarms? I want something that his the horn when breached...GPS capability would be nice too...

Back
Top Bottom