\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Just did my registration. Feel bad for some of you out there paying that much :lol:

464D2834-3788-4C50-A28D-CA1109F3A047.jpeg
My dirt bike costs more than that to register :lol:

Okay lets say i wanna buy an suv.

there is a gas version that costs 50k now if i want the ev version it costs more for the same car but you are paying extra for the ev version to “save gas” yet that money spent can pay for years of fuel

over time as EVs become cheaper this difference in price will become closer and closer.
Then you pay for maintenance

EV cost of ownership is already lower and it is on a steady decline

Im all in on Tesla, but that Audi E-Tron looks dope!

Did you ever pull the trigger?

I've been looking at them too. My only reservation is reliability because I'd be getting one used.
Nah pulling back for the year to get the budget in order. Think I want a C7.5 S6 now though.

Also those are solid cars, just make sure the service history is good and get a ppi if you can.

Did you ever pull the trigger?

I've been looking at them too. My only reservation is reliability because I'd be getting one used.
Sq5 are awesome cars, so much fun and functional. It’s like a Swiss Army knife. I love mine and would probably keep this size forever as a dd if I didn’t need more room

Sq5 are awesome cars, so much fun and functional. It’s like a Swiss Army knife. I love mine and would probably keep this size forever as a dd if I didn’t need more room

How roomy is it for driving? I'm 6'3". Currently driving a Jeep GC WK2 which has plenty.

Also have you had any issues with reliability?

Then you pay for maintenance

EV cost of ownership is already lower and it is on a steady decline

Im all in on Tesla, but that Audi E-Tron looks dope!
eh maintenance is not an upfront cost.

nowadays oil changes are every 6 months and cost sub 100 bucks.

this article is a great explanation of my train of thought

1612974825631.jpeg

and then if u wanna say compare a gas luxury vehicle to a "ev luxury vehicle"

most people who own teslas will tell u that it aint really as luxurious as a gas luxury vehicle
interior not on par with the benz

eh maintenance is not an upfront cost.

nowadays oil changes are every 6 months and cost sub 100 bucks.

this article is a great explanation of my train of thought

1612974825631.jpeg

and then if u wanna say compare a gas luxury vehicle to a "ev luxury vehicle"

most people who own teslas will tell u that it aint really as luxurious as a gas luxury vehicle
interior not on par with the benz
also people forget that the carboon footprint of developing/producing an ev car is not all sunshine and flowers :lol:

1612994211091.jpeg

which makes me think alot of people drive EV's cuz that they wanna be like that white boy elon

also people forget that the carboon footprint of developing/producing an ev car is not all sunshine and flowers :lol:

1612994211091.jpeg

which makes me think alot of people drive EV's cuz that they wanna be like that white boy elon

One car pollutes for its entire lifetime. The other stops polluting the day it’s registered.

car go vroom is pretty much the only logic used in this discussion.

That, and the fact that charging infrastructure is still nowhere near critical mass, nor is the range long enough on anything that isn't a Tesla. Compound that with Tesla's absolutely horrific build quality and you can see what a lot of people are still bearish on EV.

And I say this as someone who has extensively driven, and thoroughly enjoyed, a Model Y Performance and would have no problem buying once these issues are addressed.

I will also say this: I was a huge naysayer until I drove one. That instant torque is addictive.

One car pollutes for its entire lifetime. The other stops polluting the day it’s registered.
Oh so the battery lasts forever? when the battery needs to be replaced where does that toxic battery go? the electricity that charges vehicles all comes from turbines or solar power? or are there coal plants that still produce electricity?
:lol: at least bring me some facts pa

Too many kids in here thinking short term instead of long term with the EV debate.

I really cant say much more if tax credits, renewable energy and climate change don’t switch any lights on in your brain.

car go vroom is pretty much the only logic used in this discussion.

I am not totally against EV's I just dont like when people act as if its the end all be all solution when they still contribute to global warming during production and AFTER THEY ARE REGISTERED which is a lesser rate than a combustion vehicle, but still pollutes

That, and the fact that charging infrastructure is still nowhere near critical mass, nor is the range long enough on anything that isn't a Tesla. Compound that with Tesla's absolutely horrific build quality and you can see what a lot of people are still bearish on EV.

And I say this as someone who has extensively driven, and thoroughly enjoyed, a Model Y Performance and would have no problem buying once these issues are addressed.

I will also say this: I was a huge naysayer until I drove one. That instant torque is addictive.
this is also one of my gripes with EV's, the consumers are basically beta testers :lol:
which i guess will be good for the future but rubs me the wrong way when you have idiots who think their teslas are fully autonomous while they scroll instagram and drink their starbucks yet there are cases where ppl who did the same died from an accident when that vehicle is in "autonomous mode"

How roomy is it for driving? I'm 6'3". Currently driving a Jeep GC WK2 which has plenty.

Also have you had any issues with reliability?
It’s fine for me and I’m 6’4. I’m about to have two kids in car seats so I really need a bigger car for that. With one car seat it’s fine. I can also sit in the back comfortably. Have ****ed my wife comfortably several times in the back seat and she’s 5’10”. :lol:

No reliability issues, car is <2 years old.

overall it’s really a great/fun car with decent passenger and cargo space.

These are today’s issues—and I’m hopeful that as more people make the switch the infrastructure gets better exponentially. Carbon neutrality is a relatively new goal for big corporations, and with sanctions in place that reward it, we will see a huge step in the right direction across the entire manufacturing chain.

I don’t mean to come off as an EV die-hard cause I’m not. I’ve only owned one EV vs. a long line of amazing high performance sports cars and had a childhood dedicated to them. Being bearish to EV vehicles today is one thing compared to those who simply refuse to let go of internal combustion engines because they think their balls will shrink.

EV technology and it’s development is better for the world as a whole. It’s still a young technology, but is the first big step we’ve had in a long time to help the automotive ecosystem. To outwardly shun it’s growth and innovation is stupidity.

Anyone here experienced with Ford EcoBoost engines? I've ordered a cat-back exhaust for my Ranger, but skipped ordering a new downpipe since I will be keeping the stock turbo.

People who judge another mans testicular fortitude on their vehicle is a joke.

me and my boy at work get all the crap in the world because I have a gti and he drives a lowered Prius with 5% tints. :lol:

but apparently we’re supposed to all drive a 12v Cummins because were heavy haul drivers 🤷‍♂️

But on a serious note, get the ***** outta the fast line

no YOU get out of the fast lane. My truck goes 100 mph and I gotta pick a lane and ride since you guys like to stroll onto the freeway at 43 mph.

i cruise the middle lane when I can :lol: with a wide load though sometimes I gotta ride left and hang it over the shoulder or else it’s all in the next lane scaring people. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom