\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

I don't know it almost feels like the post office is spending money on the wrong stuff. Like FedEx, UPS, and Amazon is making ya'll work on weekends now.
truck-1614176941.jpg

Damn so i told yall my stepdad got a model S plaid coming in March

AND just found out today they ordered my mom a model X

they ODd lol no damn reason. My wedding gift better be nice
He going to be like son I got you the gift that keeps on giving. I gave you my daughters hands in marriage. :smh: :rofl:Now she is your headache.

I don't know it almost feels like the post office is spending money on the wrong stuff. Like FedEx, UPS, and Amazon is making ya'll work on weekends now.
truck-1614176941.jpg
the reason post office is suffering is cuz they were setup to fail by the government

I won't lie I skimmed the article, I don't think getting new trucks is the answer though. I think it might be time to consider reinventing yourself over here and getting into something that will create more revenue. I like how the article mentions possibly offering a low cost broadband. Create an arm within the post office that works to bring the Internet to rural areas.

I won't lie I skimmed the article, I don't think getting new trucks is the answer though. I think it might be time to consider reinventing yourself over here and getting into something that will create more revenue. I like how the article mentions possibly offering a low cost broadband. Create an arm within the post office that works to bring the Internet to rural areas.
heres a good quick explanation from this article https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2011/12/who-killed-the-postal-service/249508/

The Postal Service as we know it today was created in 1970. The Postal Service Reorganization Act was intended to transform the mail system from a dysfunctional dumping ground for political patronage into a self-sustaining, independent agency. It was told, in other words, to act like a business.

But the politicians never really let it. The Postal Service doesn't receive any taxpayer dollars, funding itself entirely through customer revenue. But it still has to deal with Congress as a micromanager. It isn't allowed to shutter post offices for purely economic reasons, meaning that roughly 25,000 of its 32,000 now operate at a loss. It needs permission for rate hikes from a special regulatory commission. And for 30 years, it's been required to deliver mail on Saturdays, even though that day is a money loser.

The Postal Service's current woes are also due at least in part to Capitol Hill's meddling. In 2006, Congress passed a new law requiring the agency to pay about $5.5 billion a year into a trust fund for future retiree health benefits. When revenues were rising, the idea might have seemed reasonable. But the timing was exquisitely bad. Now that the agency is in the red, the pension burden has helped to force drastic measures like the ones we've heard about today.

The Postal Service is begging Congress to ease up on the prepayment requirement, return part of its overfunded pension obligations, and give it more flexibility to manage its business. But, surprise surprise, gridlock could doom its efforts. Separate bills have passed House and Senate committees that would try to help the Postal Service avoid bankruptcy. But the two pieces of legislation have significant differences. For instance, the House version would let the post office end Saturday deliveries immediately. The Senate version forces the Postal Service to wait two years and try alternative cost-saving measures first. It's unclear if the two chambers will reach a compromise.

I don't think the new trucks are a bad idea, if it allows them to carry more packages as their current vehicles were designed for letters mostly

but their real problem lies int he stuff i posted above, they are getting screwed financially

New C class

20c0673-004-1614005477.jpg

20c0673-012-1614005472.jpg

20c0673-128-1614005484.jpg

I for one am not a big fan of the whole universal design language brands are adopting

i get it because the bottom line cars are more profitable and somone with a cla thinking they have the same headlights or tails light design or body lines of an s class will boost sales

it just brings down the attractiveness of the sclass/higher models for me

heres a good quick explanation from this article https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2011/12/who-killed-the-postal-service/249508/

The Postal Service as we know it today was created in 1970. The Postal Service Reorganization Act was intended to transform the mail system from a dysfunctional dumping ground for political patronage into a self-sustaining, independent agency. It was told, in other words, to act like a business.

But the politicians never really let it. The Postal Service doesn't receive any taxpayer dollars, funding itself entirely through customer revenue. But it still has to deal with Congress as a micromanager. It isn't allowed to shutter post offices for purely economic reasons, meaning that roughly 25,000 of its 32,000 now operate at a loss. It needs permission for rate hikes from a special regulatory commission. And for 30 years, it's been required to deliver mail on Saturdays, even though that day is a money loser.

The Postal Service's current woes are also due at least in part to Capitol Hill's meddling. In 2006, Congress passed a new law requiring the agency to pay about $5.5 billion a year into a trust fund for future retiree health benefits. When revenues were rising, the idea might have seemed reasonable. But the timing was exquisitely bad. Now that the agency is in the red, the pension burden has helped to force drastic measures like the ones we've heard about today.

The Postal Service is begging Congress to ease up on the prepayment requirement, return part of its overfunded pension obligations, and give it more flexibility to manage its business. But, surprise surprise, gridlock could doom its efforts. Separate bills have passed House and Senate committees that would try to help the Postal Service avoid bankruptcy. But the two pieces of legislation have significant differences. For instance, the House version would let the post office end Saturday deliveries immediately. The Senate version forces the Postal Service to wait two years and try alternative cost-saving measures first. It's unclear if the two chambers will reach a compromise.

I don't think the new trucks are a bad idea, if it allows them to carry more packages as their current vehicles were designed for letters mostly

but their real problem lies int he stuff i posted above, they are getting screwed financially
Ahhh good ole pensions doing it again, might have to do a cut off. Any employee hired after a future date you don't get a pension.
ws6 are so ugly

i see them around town and they aged badly

and yes it has an ls but it is god awful ugly in my opinion
Funny I liked them back in high school, looked so powerful. Like it would gobble up small children that strayed from the crosswalk. I wouldn't mind getting one in about 15 years. Looking ahead I wonder what will be the cars people go back and get.

I for one am not a big fan of the whole universal design language brands are adopting

i get it because the bottom line cars are more profitable and somone with a cla thinking they have the same headlights or tails light design or body lines of an s class will boost sales

Facts. In the olden days the lesser models would copy parts of the higher models. Now it's the other way around. The S-Class copied the A-Class :smh:

I agree. If any car should be different its the S-Class. It should look nothing like the rest inside and outside.

this right there. I miss the old days when car companies had a very different design for each class because it gave you motivation to want to upgrade when you were in a better financial position. Just saw the new eclass on the road the other day and it looks exactly like this.

Just thought of something, can't view the video here at work, YouTube blocked. You talking about buying an old Ws6, because Pontiac is gone.
Yes Pontiac is gone ( right before they were gonna bring back the holden el camino back to life 😞 )
But it's basically a camaro with a different body/moldings so drivetrain parts are abundant.

Well, they do need new vehicles. Not sure if you know, but you can tell how old a current Grumman LLV Mail Truck is by looking at the code on the front or back. The 1st digit is the year they were made. If it's a 7, it's a 1987!!! Yeah, that's old. Too much to keep repairing then.

Like he said, the Post Office was never intended to be a business. Just a lifeline for everyone to get mail, no matter where they live. If they weren't forced to front the cost of the next 50 (or 75, not sure which it is) years of health care and pension coats, they would be routinely in the positive. But they are the only government agency forced to do this. They were setup to fail by the previous administration (hint hint) and the lackey that is the current Postmaster General.

Like seriously, if your the PG for the entire Postal Service and you own major stock in competing businesses (XPO being one) then maybe you shouldn't have gotten the position. Talk about a conflict of interests.

Back
Top Bottom