\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Maybe some of y'all can help me out with this decision I've been struggling with.

I have about $30-35k I'm ready to spend on a new car. I had my eyes on the 2018 BMW M240i (doesn't matter if it's AWD or RWD). What would be the other options I could look into for the cash/type of car?

I'm NOT looking for SUV's or Trucks. Would like to have a sedan or coupe. Obviously something that's fun to drive, and with relatively low miles. Any tips?

Thank you in advanced, NT!
If u got the space u can get two cars for that money. Something fun around 20 and the rest towards a decent not too old daily. Although

D16AEE69-BC30-4ED4-A8C5-5D6504DA232A.jpeg

These guys in the BX did a nice job
Love the rims man :pimp:! Where'd you get em done? Looks like it's got some flake in it too. Very clean :emoji_ok_hand: Looks like you were at the car wash...please tell me you didn't put it through the automated car wash lol

Maybe some of y'all can help me out with this decision I've been struggling with.

I have about $30-35k I'm ready to spend on a new car. I had my eyes on the 2018 BMW M240i (doesn't matter if it's AWD or RWD). What would be the other options I could look into for the cash/type of car?

I'm NOT looking for SUV's or Trucks. Would like to have a sedan or coupe. Obviously something that's fun to drive, and with relatively low miles. Any tips?

The Hemi. For 35k maybe even an older used Hellcat(2015/2016), new- Scat Challenger/Charger, 370Z, BMW's, Mini Coopers, Acura TLX, Kia Stinger & list goes on & on G37 maybe

Please provide some examples
340 has same engine can probably find decent one mid 20s. Same motor more space less money although idk weight difference. Audi s4, tt, golf r probably fall around that range as well for mid to early 2010s models. M240 is cool tho they seem very fun to drive along with m2 ofcourse. Idk much about the muscle cars.

Love the rims man :pimp:! Where'd you get em done? Looks like it's got some flake in it too. Very clean :emoji_ok_hand: Looks like you were at the car wash...please tell me you didn't put it through the automated car wash lol
Got them done at NYC wheel pros in Sunset Park

Yea I went thru the automated joint |l:ohwell:

I gotta do better bro lol

Not at all.
We have a Culligan tank on our wash bay so the water is filtered clean so nor hard water.
Outside temperature and quality of water(hard water) can leave water spots on an untreated clear coat but as long as you double back and catch the overlay or water you’re fine. It’s the other reason I like a Chamois because the wetness of it is enough to saturate the top clear coat and remove the water spots that could/would be there. If I used a microfiber at this point I’d definitely need some type of body shine or wet spray to douse the body with before wiping it clean of remaining water droplets or spots. If not then I’d have a bit of a problem removing any water spots on a hotter day, because they’d definitely be there. It’s all technique and preference though for sure.
Damn, a Culligan tank? That's awesome! Never seen that here lol. Your technique is good too & def like you said it's all preference.

Got them done at NYC wheel pros in Sunset Park

Yea I went thru the automated joint |l:ohwell:

I gotta do better bro lol

Eh its silver, youll be fine. Black though? You dont wanna be washing your car and detailing it for hours just to buff off scratches. I mean, black cars get dirty after 3 hours anyway so idk why anyone would spend that much time detailing their black car in front of their building with 100foot hoses...

J/k Z. :lol:

Hate black cars cause I had one and that thang was a pain. To be fair my garageis dusty af, a fine layer everyday.

Hmm, some i've been browsing

The new upcoming Z
F82 M4 /F80 M3
Lexus RCF
Audi S6 (C7.5)
Audi S4 (B9) or S5/S5 SB
440i GC loaded
M550i with strong negotiation
q50/q60 red sport
AR Giulia Ti Sport

Hmm, some i've been browsing

The new upcoming Z
F82 M4 /F80 M3
Lexus RCF
Audi S6 (C7.5)
Audi S4 (B9) or S5/S5 SB
440i GC loaded
M550i with strong negotiation
q50/q60 red sport
AR Giulia Ti Sport
You have a distinct taste in cars, between those

S6
Q60
New z (if its manual) would be my top three if i had to choose

Why not? Get to switch it up every now and then and only cost a few hundred more in insurance. This is a site where most of us have unreasonable amounts of tennis shoes what's wrong with collecting cars?

Shoes and cars are diff. Why get 2 meh cars with 30k. Get one dope one, or get a decent one and save the rest. A few hundred more in insurance like thats pocket change, who wants a few hundred more in bills?

I agree. At that budget it makes more sense to get one car that checks all boxes. Why drive around daily in a beater when you don’t have to?

Shoes and cars are diff. Why get 2 meh cars with 30k. Get one dope one, or get a decent one and save the rest. A few hundred more in insurance like thats pocket change, who wants a few hundred more in bills?
So cars under 30k are meh but we can't afford a few hundred more for insurance? Lots of dope used cars under 30k but I guess u guys need all the new technology and gimmicks. Apologies for the suggestion go and lease something everyone else has.

Did you get a deal on it, or are these going at >= sticker too? Really think this may be my next vehicle, need something bigger for kids and dogs.

I got a decent deal on it, 4k miles for 65k. ( there's another for sale in by me w/ 36k miles for 66.5k) These things are pretty scarce in general but in Houston I've only seen a handful lately. they gave me 20k for my challenger w/ 66k miles so I'm happy with that. I wanted one for the same reasons as you and I would definitely recommend it if you're on the fence about it.

So cars under 30k are meh but we can't afford a few hundred more for insurance? Lots of dope used cars under 30k but I guess u guys need all the new technology and gimmicks. Apologies for the suggestion go and lease something everyone else has.

No, cars under 30k aren't meh, and yes there's dope cars under 30k. But you're saying 2 of them. So now you're looking for one under 20k, which yes you can get a nice Accord or MAYBE a used Infiniti, Mustang whatever, and then what, get another eco car around 10k? For what again, just to switch on and off and pay a few hundred more in insurance? Just get one nice whip under $30 and call its day. :lol:

Personally I think it depends on how much you commute, lifestyle, etc. For some people 1 car is cool. Just varies.

Back
Top Bottom