\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

I don't believe in tax dodging. If the act is illegal, then make it so. Whether it's wrong or not is a matter of opinion.

When my car was bought, the owner paid tax on it. When I bought it, I paid tax on it. And when I moved to another state, I paid tax on it again. That's triple tax! That's wrong, and down right theft.

The US government is ALWAYS getting over on it's citizens. If the regular citizen can get over a few times in their life, I'm all for it.

I never understood this! I get paying tax on the purchase the first time. If I’m buying a used car, why the hell am I paying tax on it again?!

I see more Uruses (Urusi?) in miami than any other city i swear :lol: like the city has a sponsorship deal

I never understood this! I get paying tax on the purchase the first time. If I’m buying a used car, why the hell am I paying tax on it again?!
google is ur friend bud

It’s why a lot of people sell a car for 10k let’s say but write it off as if it was sold for 5k. Buyer agrees and signs off a “contract”. There are ways around it.

It’s why a lot of people sell a car for 10k let’s say but write it off as if it was sold for 5k. Buyer agrees and signs off a “contract”. There are ways around it.

There is BUT the tax department of the state your in will be knocking on your door (or send you a letter wanting the difference in tax). Here's an example I had to deal with when I sold cars.

I had a friend who leased a 2009 or 2010 Explorer Limited. Can't remember the exact year but it was the square one (better vehicle IMO over the new one) before the unibody model in 2012. Anyhow, when his lease was over, he saw how low the buyout was, and figured he would buy it out to trade it in 6 months later for an F150, so he bought it out.

The buyout on a lot of leases can be below market value on most normal vehicles. His Explorer also had low miles still (he didn't use the allotted miles he signed up for) so that made the wholesale value higher than the actual buyout. He was getting it for below wholesale (at the time). So he bought it out, knowing he would get more for it on trade in a few months.

Well, fast forward about 3 months later, and he received a letter from the Pennsylvania Department of Revenue Tax department. They saw his auto purchase (the lease buyout) and they said he bought the vehicle for less than what the retail number was (NADA). He never heard of getting a letter, so I said let me take care of it. I called them up on behalf of him, told them I'm a dealer, and that he bought out his lease. That ended the letter. Just had to send a copy of the contract showing the buyout amount (which I did) and they closed his case.

Moral of the story, the state will always come looking for their money. It's why when someone says, during a private sale of a car, that I'll write down on the bill of sale you paid X amount less than you actually did, chances are it won't work and that person will get caught.

EV off-roaders...interesting. That Self Driving Dominos delivery vehicle looks so adorable lol. Cool concept. Wonder if the idea gains traction will it be done in all major cities?

New garage neighbor. It belongs to a tenant in my work building. Straight 🔥
20210529_114027.jpg
20210529_114038.jpg
20210529_114056.jpg

Screenshot_20210529-173847_Chrome.jpg
I have these in both my cars. They're good but the air-compressor tends to fail on these if used excessively. Maybe because the motor is pretty small 🤷‍♂️

not sure if it’s the lighting but does that car have an army grey paint job? love that color on audis/bmws
It's painted like a dark grey I don't know the exact name BMW gave the paint color but he's got it wrapped to nardo grey. Looks sick & I agree it looks awesome on audi's & beemers
That's what I said when he first got it. He's done some extensive work to the engine. Things putting down 1400hp to the wheels so probably 1600+hp @ the crank 😱.
Man, no way I would be able to sleep owning a car like this, knowing it's not parked on my property.
I def agree. Luckily he lives closeby. His building is almost next door to the garage so not that far at all but still not as good as being on your personal property. Our garage is pretty safe for the most part, this particular garage is safe. My Challenger has been parked in there since Feb.2016 & nothing has happened minus last year when some random lady drove through the wall 🤣yes that actually happened. She was driving a friends car & "panicked". She also hit a parked Hyundai lol. On our residential property they have 3 more garages like this & one of em is notorious for break-in's. A sexy *** Gallardo spyder parks in there & an Alpina B6 BMW

I love that MachE
I’d buy that.
The 2022 Lightning is also fabulous.

I really miss the 87-93 Hatchback GT
IF they remastered something similar they’d be GODS

Deciding between a 2017 and 2018 Mustang GT.
Like the look of the 17 better but damn the quad exhaust might tip the balance for me

Trust me, if you can find a 2018, especially if it has the optional active exhaust, get that. When they unveiled the 2015 to the 2017, the factory system is just too damn quiet. When they unveiled the updated quad exhaust and the optional active exhaust setup, it made the car sound immensely better! I mean night and day.

When I sold Fords, I was given basically free reign to order the stock Mustangs for inventory. In our area, GTs were always premium trims and I ordered them all in manual transmission. When they came out with the updated stuff in 2018, I always put the active system on most of the GTs. I did order the occasional auto GT once the 10-speed came out. That transmission is really really good. I'd still rather have a stick though. But all the specs I ordered always sold. Especially all the crazy colors I ordered.

Oh, one more good update on the 2018. If you get a premium, in 401a trim, you get the 12" LCD display. Full computerized gauges. It's pretty cool and you can change the tach based on the mode your in.

Mf looks heavyyy
Yall be biased, looks just as heavy as a hellcat that yall be calling a boat.
You're absolutely right. A quick google search shows it's curb weight is 4,370lbs- that's just as much as Hellcats & Scats lol. It's got 1400hp so I don't think it's weight is much of a problem lol. He recently took it to a track event out in the Poconos. Going to ask em how he did

Trust me, if you can find a 2018, especially if it has the optional active exhaust, get that. When they unveiled the 2015 to the 2017, the factory system is just too damn quiet. When they unveiled the updated quad exhaust and the optional active exhaust setup, it made the car sound immensely better! I mean night and day.

When I sold Fords, I was given basically free reign to order the stock Mustangs for inventory. In our area, GTs were always premium trims and I ordered them all in manual transmission. When they came out with the updated stuff in 2018, I always put the active system on most of the GTs. I did order the occasional auto GT once the 10-speed came out. That transmission is really really good. I'd still rather have a stick though. But all the specs I ordered always sold. Especially all the crazy colors I ordered.

Oh, one more good update on the 2018. If you get a premium, in 401a trim, you get the 12" LCD display. Full computerized gauges. It's pretty cool and you can change the tach based on the mode your in.
That's good insight, appreciate it. NT always comes through

Back
Top Bottom