\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Consider the cost of insurance

The Shelby can be insured through a specialty company like Hagerty or Grundy if it's not going to be a daily. And with those companies, the yearly premium is usually cheaper than a regular car. Even Heacox insurance company will write policies for specialty cars like a GT350. If your plan is to use it every day, you'll have to look into a normal company.

Happy memorial day y’all 🤙
10BC5AA1-743D-481A-AB64-F7629466B1CE.jpeg
16D35151-A2BC-4BA3-B759-F13825F4E1AE.jpeg

Mf looks heavyyy
Yall be biased, looks just as heavy as a hellcat that yall be calling a boat.
It’s because one is a luxury car with AWD and one is not either of those things. That’s common knowledge and has nothing to do with being biased. Wouldn’t think that would need explanation to a car guy

That is straight flames bro :emoji_ok_hand: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_fire::emoji_fire:! Oldschool Ooh wee. Love the stance- coilovers? Pretty rims too. And what a healthy clearcoat it's got, damn! What year is it & what's the color called? I love Hawaii's rainbow plates
Yes the rainbow plate is a classic!!!

she’s an 89, “high line” the last production year fully loaded. “Cirrus blue”

Car gets crazy attention, older folks down to the new gen of gear heads…

If you ever visiting Waikiki, theres a chance you might catch me crawling the strip! :nthat:

Any of y'all ceramic coat your cars? I am thinking of doing it myself. I know it will take me forever but it would be dope if i can learn to do it myself.
I've ceramic coated my Challenger myself twice, both of my brother's Maxima's & my sister-in-laws Accord- that was the guinea pig car actually lol. It's an intricate process. The first time I ever did it I used my sis-in-laws Accord. It took me 6 hours but I used her car to perfect or at the very least up my skills. The process is a huge pain in the *** lol but worth every second. I used to laugh reading quotes of $1500 $2500 3grand+ for a ceramic treatment. After the 1st time I did that **** man if anything those prices are on the lower end. A $2500 to 3g quote is 1,000% justified. Mad work, patience & labor goes into it. You can do it yourself, you're smart. Watch some videos on the process on YouTube. You can get the entire swirl removal/ceramic kit from Adam's polishes website. Lmk if you do because I can give you a coupon code for some savings at checkout. Like typerpinoy typerpinoy said no matter what you'll need a paint correction first. Forget the shop save your $ you can paint correct it yourself as well. Clay bar your entire car first, then using the swirl removal kit use the buffer and correcting polish to remove imperfections, scratches & swirls from your cars paint. Your car is brand-new so for the paint correction a simple correcting polish will suffice you don't need an aggressive correcting polish. Get the white Adam's polish with a white pad & go to work. Don't over work the panels because you don't want to heat up the paint too much. Then you'll need to apply the ceramic panel by panel by panel & THIS is where it get's very time consuming. With an applicator pad one by one. Let the ceramic sit & rainbow for a minute then wipe away using a microfiber towel. This will take you 8-9 hours I have a Challenger & yours is a Charger so their in the same land yacht category size wise so 8 hours sounds about right. Make sure you got plenty of water, snacks & music to keep you busy or else you're going to lose your mind. Also, once it's ceramic coated let it cure for 24 hours & than go back panel by panel & hit it with ceramic boost spray. This enhances the shine & leaves the paint buttery smooth. So damn smooth you're going to be standing there molesting the cars body panels because that's how silky smooth it's going to feel trust me :lol: . If you got any ?'s or need help just hit me up, I have plenty of experience with this so I got you bro :emoji_thumbsup:.

It's a brand new car so not much to correct but I can get that done by a shop.
True it is brand new but for untreated cars the paint damage begins as the cars are parked outside on the dealership lot. Constant bugs, dust, dirt, tree sap & other pathogens are constantly hitting & sticking to your cars paint surface. Their microscopic so to the naked eye we don't see em but they're their. Because it's brand new this process won't be too time consuming. Ceramic coating is great but the ultimate paint protection is clearbra or PPF it's called as well. They invented it back in the Vietnam War to protect American helicopters paint. If I could do it all over again I would clearbra but damn **** is wild expensive(rightfully so). You can take a key or knife to the paint & not a scratch would appear.

Absolutely have to have your car clay’d, buffed out and polished BEFORE you add a ceramic coat no matter how new or clean it already is. There’s a process you have to follow to ensure your ceramic coat lasts and is effective….

like someone mentioned in here before, detailing and caring for auto paint is almost like an art. So many techniques, tools and care required…it’s not as easy as it seems. Especially the older your car gets.

your car paint needs constant maintenance and upkeep even if it’s brand new, most people are unaware of this.

Was watching this, looks like hella money to have a professional detail/ceramic/wrap

My brother and I both had a front clip Xpel PPF done for 1850. And a FULL paint correction + ceramic pro lifetime package for another 1650. All said and done, about 3500 each of us. That ceramic pro price was also discounted, as it doesn't normally include a full paint correction.

I've ceramic coated my Challenger myself twice, both of my brother's Maxima's & my sister-in-laws Accord- that was the guinea pig car actually lol. It's an intricate process. The first time I ever did it I used my sis-in-laws Accord. It took me 6 hours but I used her car to perfect or at the very least up my skills. The process is a huge pain in the *** lol but worth every second. I used to laugh reading quotes of $1500 $2500 3grand+ for a ceramic treatment. After the 1st time I did that **** man if anything those prices are on the lower end. A $2500 to 3g quote is 1,000% justified. Mad work, patience & labor goes into it. You can do it yourself, you're smart. Watch some videos on the process on YouTube. You can get the entire swirl removal/ceramic kit from Adam's polishes website. Lmk if you do because I can give you a coupon code for some savings at checkout. Like typerpinoy typerpinoy said no matter what you'll need a paint correction first. Forget the shop save your $ you can paint correct it yourself as well. Clay bar your entire car first, then using the swirl removal kit use the buffer and correcting polish to remove imperfections, scratches & swirls from your cars paint. Your car is brand-new so for the paint correction a simple correcting polish will suffice you don't need an aggressive correcting polish. Get the white Adam's polish with a white pad & go to work. Don't over work the panels because you don't want to heat up the paint too much. Then you'll need to apply the ceramic panel by panel by panel & THIS is where it get's very time consuming. With an applicator pad one by one. Let the ceramic sit & rainbow for a minute then wipe away using a microfiber towel. This will take you 8-9 hours I have a Challenger & yours is a Charger so their in the same land yacht category size wise so 8 hours sounds about right. Make sure you got plenty of water, snacks & music to keep you busy or else you're going to lose your mind. Also, once it's ceramic coated let it cure for 24 hours & than go back panel by panel & hit it with ceramic boost spray. This enhances the shine & leaves the paint buttery smooth. So damn smooth you're going to be standing there molesting the cars body panels because that's how silky smooth it's going to feel trust me :lol: . If you got any ?'s or need help just hit me up, I have plenty of experience with this so I got you bro :emoji_thumbsup:.

Bro...thanks man. You convinced me to do it. I am going to use my pops land cruiser or my wifes jeep as guinea pigs first tho :lol:

Back
Top Bottom