\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

W

Wow very cool, yeah don’t see too many independent exotic shops…just not that profitable unless you in the RIGHT area…

heres a indy shop I would check out back in San Jose, crazy what they had just sitting.

In my area, it's Chester County/Lower Merion County (Kobe's high school area) and Radnor County. It's where Villanova is. The Main Line. Let's just say, it's high rent. Homes are high 6-figures to 7 figures (that is NOT where I live, lol). And there are lots of dealers. Algar Ferrari, one of the oldest Ferrari dealers in the county, McLaren Philly, an award winning dealer (they sold the Speedtail and Sabre to the Triple F Collection). Porsche Main Line, a dealer who is building the largest showroom for Porsche in the country (could be the world). Maserati Main Line and now a Lamborghini dealer (Lamborghini Philadelphia) is being built.

The shop in the picture is Scuderia. Independent Ferrari shop. Techs from Algar who started the place. Rumor is, when Algar got sold, the new owners saw how much the top techs were making, cut their pay by 50% (or some crazy amount). They quit instantly, and started Scuderia. Shop is well known. They will only work on Ferraris. No other exotics, UNLESS you are a current client, and then they will do it. They hold all the cards. And their work is 2nd to none, but you pay!!

There are actually several independent exotic shops in my area. One within walking distance of my house. It's where my wife will take her Gallardo LP when it's time for service. Guy who owns this shop is a savant, he's that good. Just worked on a Countach a few weeks ago. He also owns a Ferrari 328, 348 & 355. All his techs are from different manufacturers. They do a lot of Lotus too (which is cool). Love driving by to see what's in the parking lot.

In my area, it's Chester County/Lower Merion County (Kobe's high school area) and Radnor County. It's where Villanova is. The Main Line. Let's just say, it's high rent. Homes are high 6-figures to 7 figures (that is NOT where I live, lol). And there are lots of dealers. Algar Ferrari, one of the oldest Ferrari dealers in the county, McLaren Philly, an award winning dealer (they sold the Speedtail and Sabre to the Triple F Collection). Porsche Main Line, a dealer who is building the largest showroom for Porsche in the country (could be the world). Maserati Main Line and now a Lamborghini dealer (Lamborghini Philadelphia) is being built.

The shop in the picture is Scuderia. Independent Ferrari shop. Techs from Algar who started the place. Rumor is, when Algar got sold, the new owners saw how much the top techs were making, cut their pay by 50% (or some crazy amount). They quit instantly, and started Scuderia. Shop is well known. They will only work on Ferraris. No other exotics, UNLESS you are a current client, and then they will do it. They hold all the cards. And their work is 2nd to none, but you pay!!

There are actually several independent exotic shops in my area. One within walking distance of my house. It's where my wife will take her Gallardo LP when it's time for service. Guy who owns this shop is a savant, he's that good. Just worked on a Countach a few weeks ago. He also owns a Ferrari 328, 348 & 355. All his techs are from different manufacturers. They do a lot of Lotus too (which is cool). Love driving by to see what's in the parking lot.
Come on man you know radnor and lower merion aren’t counties. :lol: you meant chester, Delaware, and Montgomery counties. :lol:

it is crazy that the mclaren dealer of that magnitude is in west chester :lol: Main line Porsche new building looks amazing. Since my in laws live in newtown sq I been driving by it every week since it started. Will def stop inwhen done.

when and where the next c&c you going to though? Want to take my son and new car to one soon.

Come on man you know radnor and lower merion aren’t counties. :lol: you meant chester, Delaware, and Montgomery counties. :lol:

it is crazy that the mclaren dealer of that magnitude is in west chester :lol: Main line Porsche new building looks amazing. Since my in laws live in newtown sq I been driving by it every week since it started. Will def stop inwhen done.

when and where the next c&c you going to though? Want to take my son and new car to one soon.

Forgive me, I typed it while still dealing with a fractured ankle, lol. I just want to make sure people don't think I live in those McMansions on the Main Lines lol.

Lamborghini Philly is looking interesting. Building has steel put up. Can't wait for that to open. They said they want all local owners to bring their cars to the grand opening. That is gonna be a blast!!

The Cars & Coffee shows are all over the place. A good one is down at Northbrook Marketplace. It's a more quiet and better car scene. Saturday early am. No tuners. Quality vehicles, like Exotics and such.

Lots of these things are getting shut down due to moronic behavior by a single individual. The Hershey Meetup one was cancelled 2nd week in due to some "road scholar" kid speeding, blowing a stop sign, and trying to drift his clapped out 350Z. Wound up taking out 2 small trees and crashing his car into the 3rd. Problem was, property was owned by Hershey Chocolate. They found out and promptly shut it down permanently. There are some meetups in Pottstown. Straight *******!

I know of one this Saturday night at 6 pm off of 100 at the Upland Square center, where the Target is. Bunch of muscle cars, tuners, etc. Saturday looks like a washout. Also, a good one called Souped Up Saturdays in Media. Type that into the search on Instagram. They used to stay at the mall on Baltimore Pike, but are doing a roving cars & coffee. 👍

Last edited:
Just spotted this at the local Ferrari independent shop on my way to some errands. Crazy to actually see one in person!
PXL_20210525_200654055.jpg

Yup, that's a Testarossa Spider. I'm 99.9% certain it's a Straman conversion from back in the 80s. These were the hot thing when the Testarossa first came out. The company was out of California, if memory serves me well. Never thought I'd see one. Was blown away when I made the pass by before I looked back for a quick shot.

These were BIG money back then. Not sure how the value translates to today's exotic market. Being it's not original hurts it, but it is period correct per say. All in all, pretty cool it was there for service.

Theres one parked in a garage I park in when I go down to the WTC area on Greenwich by the Exchange. It just sits under a cover. Shame it doesnt ever get used.

Forgive me, I typed it while still dealing with a fractured ankle, lol. I just want to make sure people don't think I live in those McMansions on the Main Lines lol.

Lamborghini Philly is looking interesting. Building has steel put up. Can't wait for that to open. They said they want all local owners to bring their cars to the grand opening. That is gonna be a blast!!

The Cars & Coffee shows are all over the place. A good one is down at Northbrook Marketplace. It's a more quiet and better car scene. Saturday early am. No tuners. Quality vehicles, like Exotics and such.

Lots of these things are getting shut down due to moronic behavior by a single individual. The Hershey Meetup one was cancelled 2nd week in due to some "road scholar" kid speeding, blowing a stop sign, and trying to drift his clapped out 350Z. Wound up taking out 2 small trees and crashing his car into the 3rd. Problem was, property was owned by Hershey Chocolate. They found out and promptly shut it down permanently. There are some meetups in Pottstown. Straight *******!

I know of one this Saturday night at 6 pm off of 100 at the Upland Square center, where the Target is. Bunch of muscle cars, tuners, etc. Saturday looks like a washout. Also, a good one called Souped Up Saturdays in Media. Type that into the search on Instagram. They used to stay at the mall on Baltimore Pike, but are doing a roving cars & coffee. 👍
I saw the were having issues with folks at that souped up saturdays jawn too. :lol:

I’ll prob head over to northbrook As that’s the closest one to my house. I’ll keep an eye out for ya!

Car is perfect which is why savagegeese doesn't like it :lol:

Haven't watched it but I kinda understand the gripe some of these reviewers have with newer performance cars. Excellent advancement in driving tech, but less road feel and sporty than old, less fighting and sheer terror.

Haven't watched it but I kinda understand the gripe some of these reviewers have with newer performance cars. Excellent advancement in driving tech, but less road feel and sporty than old, less fighting and sheer terror.
That's what the Scats, Hellcats, and to a lesser extent the F80 M3 is for.

They literally explain in the review who the car is for.

The super rich who want supercar performance but most importantly the luxury feel + simplicity of driving.

Anyone who's spending 140k on a M5 wants exactly that combination

Geese sometimes annoys me when he makes comparisons to cars who don't even belong in the same segment

20210526_141755.jpg
Bought Adam's wheel cleaner kit. With a $15 coupon code everything came out to be $70 compared to just a gallon bottle of Griot's from AutoZone for $50. My brother used Griot's on his rims & I tried it on one of mine. Took about 3 spray, agitate & rinse sessions to get the wheel barrel 100% clean. I swear by Adam's products so let's see how this works. Pics to follow

Back
Top Bottom