\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

I can't believe some of you guys. Unbelievable. I'll bet you that you will get more, and I mean way more compliments on a C8 than that new Supra.

I'm not biased either, the old Supra looks great, but that new Supra, no, no, no 😂
its just my opinion papi!

:lol:

i believe you the c8 might get more compliments but i just feel the c8 has so much room for improvement design wise

Went to get bubbletea after drifting in my Accord and up the road outside of a pub was a red C8. Its not my first time seeing one of these in the wild but this time for some reason in person…

Its just as ****ing ugly as I thought it was the first time around.

Aww man I am sorry you had to see that ugly abomination that is the C8!! If only there was one of these beauties to perk ya up!!

Screen Shot 2022-05-03 at 7.46.13 PM.png

I can't believe some of you guys. Unbelievable. I'll bet you that you will get more, and I mean way more compliments on a C8 than that new Supra.

I'm not biased either, the old Supra looks great, but that new Supra, no, no, no 😂

That new Supra is a buttaface.
Both cars deserve compliments. They are both great looking cars imo. Let's get serious no matter how good the new Supra could've been it was NEVER & I mean NEVER going to live up to the MKIV desirability/likeability/legacy. The cars connection to the Supra lineage in many ways spelled it's doom way before a BMW badge or part was slapped on. For what it is it's a damn good looking car(to me). Looks dope in yellow especially & grey. It's going to be one of those cars that'll be appreciated wayyy after it's done being produced. Comparing it to a Solara is crazy to me. I can def see myself getting into one in the future.

i've been planning on trading in my B9 S4 for a 997 for the last few months, and picking up a 4Runner as a "beater". BUT i've been considering getting an F82 instead of the 997 lately. thoughts?

fwiw, either will manual >D

i've been planning on trading in my B9 S4 for a 997 for the last few months, and picking up a 4Runner as a "beater". BUT i've been considering getting an F82 instead of the 997 lately. thoughts?

fwiw, either will manual >D

DEFINITELY 100% 997 over F82...Down the line no one is going to care about the F82 BMW, but 997 will be very sought after. You won't regret the 997, def go for it man.

DEFINITELY 100% 997 over F82...Down the line no one is going to care about the F82 BMW, but 997 will be very sought after. You won't regret the 997, def go for it man.

my buddy made a good point the other day about this same question. he said that the 997 isnt something you're going to daily. its more of something you will intentionally go out and drive. whereas the F82 can be your fun DD. i wfh, so i dont have a commute per say, but i still understand what he's trying to say.

that being said, 997.2s in manual are hella hard to find with decent spec and not black, hence why i've been looking for almost 5 months now :ohwell:

my buddy made a good point the other day about this same question. he said that the 997 isnt something you're going to daily. its more of something you will intentionally go out and drive. whereas the F82 can be your fun DD. i wfh, so i dont have a commute per say, but i still understand what he's trying to say.

that being said, 997.2s in manual are hella hard to find with decent spec and not black, hence why i've been looking for almost 5 months now :ohwell:
if you ever searched for a car you really liked 5 months is no sweat, it will be worth da wait when you find what u like papi

Coworker is looking to get a new Mazda CX5, dealer is quoting her $40k. Mid-level trim.
Is that normal or a product of these times?

I daily drove my 997.2 C2S.

I also daily drove my 997.2 GT3.

Obviously not the best DD's (especially the GT3), but certainly to task.

I've owned some special 911's, but my C2S is arguably my favourite.

Fantastic cars.

Yeah I personally wouldn't daily a 997 if it was a commute, but since you work from home definitely go the 997...The 997 is still civilized enough to be driven normally and comfortably, so you could still use it for errands or whatever. 5-10 years down the line F82 will be even cheaper, whereas 997 will be the opposite. I think you'll regret it if you don't grab a 997 soon.

And yeah keep searching, as MakeNTGreatAgain MakeNTGreatAgain 5 months isn't too bad, just keep looking because it'll be totally worth it when you find the right one. My advice is keep checking autotempest daily. Don't rush into a purchase, make sure it has good service history.

all valid points. i've wanted a M3 since high school, but just never got around to it. wasnt a fan of the E9X. i like the F82, since it sort of resembles the E46. the back seat is also better suited for a car seat than the 997.

BUT a 911 is a 911. the 997 is a modern classic and will definitely continue to appreciate. i just dont know if i can go back to 2009 tech in my "daily driver" LOL.

i'm honestly 50/50. the draw to the F82 is that its a bit more practical for my use, whereas a 911 is definitely more of a luxury. idfk man. i'll just buy both and maybe my wife wont murder me...

997.2 Carrera GTS will be collector car gold in 10-20 years.

vehicle_ad_standard_image_9198bc3a97c7f7c6bad9ee6a4349da31.jpg

So crazy to think that 996 and the 997 were underappreciated unless you were a Porsche fanboy. I was seeing 997 Turbos in the high 60s/low 70s and now they're in the 6 figure range for a clean low mileage. example.

njavier03 njavier03 , if you're really considering the 997, you'd better do it now before they reach 993 level of desirability.

Back
Top Bottom