\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Those of you who have clear bra'd your cars with PPF...how much easier is it to detail ya'll cars compared to when they were not clear bra'd? Does having PPF decrease the detailing process time wise? Any info is appreciated 👍

yeah definitely.
And did you have them apply a layer of ceramic coating to the bra so it retains that glossy finish? Also, did you use Suntek Ultra or Xpel brand? I'm reading Suntek Ultra is THE PPF of all PPF's available on the market right now. They say it self-heals while it's out in the sun. Does Xpel brand do the same? Been considering this stuff for the longest but pushed it back after I got the engine work done back in Jan but I think it's time now. Did you clear-bra your entire car or just some of it?

20220507_125458.jpg

Ive been enjoying that JDM 5.0 alot more than I thought I would tbh.

Ppf protects your paint from chips, scratches, etc. but it doesn’t have any effect on the washing process. You’ll still follow the same steps. It’s best to have ceramic applied on top of the ppf in order to provide that hydrophobic property. That will help keep your car cleaner longer and make bird droppings, bugs, etc come off easier.

Ferrari 550 Maranello interior vs Ferrari Roma interior...I dunno how some people can legitimately prefer these trash new interiors...Like are you that addicted to tech that you need an IPAD in front of you to control the AC and check your missed calls as you drive :lol:

Screen Shot 2022-05-06 at 2.04.05 AM.png
roma_060.jpeg

My friend has a 550 gated. He drives it everywhere. Think he has 42K on it. Car is bulletproof and rock solid. What a beautiful machine. He said he'll NEVER sell it.

Ppf protects your paint from chips, scratches, etc. but it doesn’t have any effect on the washing process. You’ll still follow the same steps. It’s best to have ceramic applied on top of the ppf in order to provide that hydrophobic property. That will help keep your car cleaner longer and make bird droppings, bugs, etc come off easier.

My wife's two cars have PPF (XPel Ultimate 10) on both cars (full front & partial roof on the Lamborghini, full front no roof on the SVR) without ceramic coating. I wash her cars and have ZERO issues with bird droppings on the PPF. Comes right off with a detail spray. I also wax them both with Chemical Guys Butter Wet Wax monthly. Gosh I love that stuff. Makes the car look amazing. Ceramic is great for those who hate washing cars as it speeds up the entire process from start to drying. But at the same time, it's pricey.

Those of you who have clear bra'd your cars with PPF...how much easier is it to detail ya'll cars compared to when they were not clear bra'd? Does having PPF decrease the detailing process time wise? Any info is appreciated 👍

Absolutely. Stuff just doesn't stick to it like it would to paint. And waxing the film is super quick (her cars are NOT ceramic coated). If my Mustang didn't have so many chips from near 16 years and 50k of driving, I'd do at least a ceramic on it but it's not worth it to me now.

If I had to choose I'd still take XPel. The Ultimate 10+ self heals in the sun as well. And even without the film being ceramic coated, the car still looks super shiny and glossy in the sun as I wax it all the time. And for reference, the shop did the entire front up to the doors (so full bumper, hood, and fenders) mirrors, a-pillars and half the roof. Didn't do the rest as it wasn't necessary at the time. May add the lower portion later. But the car looks PHENOMENAL in bright sun. This was 2 weeks ago when we crashed the Ferrari Concorso near our house to check out the cars and see our friends. 👍 Color was SO BRIGHT in the sun (zoom in to see the pearl shimmer) Film and wax really does it's job.
PXL_20220424_173407181.jpg

This stuff is SO worth it. But it comes at a price. It varies WILDLY based on area and level of expertise. The place near us is amazing, as the owner has come in 2nd & 3rd at XPel's national install contest in Vegas. And he charges a far bit less than all the dealers in the area. And by less I don't mean a few bucks. It was substantial. He's great.

Last edited:
Yeah that layer of ceramic is clutch. Earlier when PPF first started getting popular a lot of people said the dull finish on the PPF was a turnoff but they've since got ceramic to help with that & leave it glossy like a clear coat. Thanks for your feedback.
Absolutely. Stuff just doesn't stick to it like it would to paint. And waxing the film is super quick (her cars are NOT ceramic coated). If my Mustang didn't have so many chips from near 16 years and 50k of driving, I'd do at least a ceramic on it but it's not worth it to me now.

If I had to choose I'd still take XPel. The Ultimate 10+ self heals in the sun as well. And even without the film being ceramic coated, the car still looks super shiny and glossy in the sun as I wax it all the time. And for reference, the shop did the entire front up to the doors (so full bumper, hood, and fenders) mirrors, a-pillars and half the roof. Didn't do the rest as it wasn't necessary at the time. May add the lower portion later. But the car looks PHENOMENAL in bright sun. This was 2 weeks ago when we crashed the Ferrari Concorso near our house to check out the cars and see our friends. 👍 Color was SO BRIGHT in the sun (zoom in to see the pearl shimmer) Film and wax really does it's job.
PXL_20220424_173407181.jpg

This stuff is SO worth it. But it comes at a price. It varies WILDLY based on area and level of expertise. The place near us is amazing, as the owner has come in 2nd & 3rd at XPel's national install contest in Vegas. And he charges a far bit less than all the dealers in the area. And by less j don't mean a few hundred. He's great..
Any particular reason why your wife didn't get a layer of ceramic added on top of the PPF? How good is this "self-healing" feature would you say? And why go with Xpel instead of the self-healing kind? Lambo looks sick man I love it. Thanks for your input.

Yeah that layer of ceramic is clutch. Earlier when PPF first started getting popular a lot of people said the dull finish on the PPF was a turnoff but they've since got ceramic to help with that & leave it glossy like a clear coat. Thanks for your feedback.

Any particular reason why your wife didn't get a layer of ceramic added on top of the PPF? How good is this "self-healing" feature would you say? And why go with Xpel instead of the self-healing kind? Lambo looks sick man I love it. Thanks for your input.

Thanks buddy. She loves that car and loves it more so than the Huracans that are so common in our area. Don't see Gallardos much at all let alone an LP model.

Considering how often she drives it (about 2k a year) ceramic isn't really necessary considering the extra cost (and please don't say going cheap on a Lamborghini for not doing ceramic, she just had it's major done and that's far far more important). Plus she only drives it when it's nice out. Only got caught in the rain 2 times and it was a light rain not a downpour.(cars are meant to be driven). And the wax does it's job for helping it stay clean, and water bead off and lastly making it shine. Plus I LOVE waxing a car. It's very therapeutic to me.

Your next two questions kinda contradict. XPel Ultimate 10+ IS self-healing. And it seems to work very well from what others say. I haven't seen a scratch come on the film that would require it to sit in the direct sun to heal. Just going off the installer's facts it seems to work VERY well. Stek wasn't used by the shop we used, hence XPel. Thanks again for the compliments. Her car 100% I just get to wash them. 😎

Thanks buddy. She loves that car and loves it more so than the Huracans that are so common in our area. Don't see Gallardos much at all let alone an LP model.

Considering how often she drives it (about 2k a year) ceramic isn't really necessary considering the extra cost (and please don't say going cheap on a Lamborghini for not doing ceramic, she just had it's major done and that's far far more important). Plus she only drives it when it's nice out. Only got caught in the rain 2 times and it was a light rain not a downpour.(cars are meant to be driven). And the wax does it's job for helping it stay clean, and water bead off and lastly making it shine. Plus I LOVE waxing a car. It's very therapeutic to me.

Your next two questions kinda contradict. XPel Ultimate 10+ IS self-healing. And it seems to work very well from what others say. I haven't seen a scratch come on the film that would require it to sit in the direct sun to heal. Just going off the installer's facts it seems to work VERY well. Stek wasn't used by the shop we used, hence XPel. Thanks again for the compliments. Her car 100% I just get to wash them. 😎
Nah that makes sense if it barely sees 2k worth of miles a year. Oh I thought you meant regular non self-healing XPEL, I didn't know the Ultimate 10+ is Xpel's self-healing one. Agree 100% waxing or car detailing in general is so therapeautic. Thanks for all the info good sir 👍.

If someone breaks that glass they should correct the spelling...valuables...And why is dude switching between lowercase and uppercase like an absolute madman :lol:
I didn't even notice they spelled that wrong until you mentioned it 🤪. The fear of theft has him switching between lower & uppercase, lol. He's shaking just thinking & writing about it

I love this turquoise/tiffany blue color. The Z looks great in it.

My wife's two cars have PPF (XPel Ultimate 10) on both cars (full front & partial roof on the Lamborghini, full front no roof on the SVR) without ceramic coating. I wash her cars and have ZERO issues with bird droppings on the PPF. Comes right off with a detail spray. I also wax them both with Chemical Guys Butter Wet Wax monthly. Gosh I love that stuff. Makes the car look amazing. Ceramic is great for those who hate washing cars as it speeds up the entire process from start to drying. But at the same time, it's pricey.

to my point though, you do apply a wax which is an additional layer on top of the ppf. the film by itself would be no different than untreated paint. i didnt mean to say you HAVE to get ceramic, but i used that since it was part of OP's question. nevertheless, an added later of protection is recommended on top of ppf.

Have any of you tried webuyanycar? My daily driver was in an accident and I am considering trading it in towards a different car and using the check from insurance to help pay for the new car.

good call. i thought about it alot, but i really like the minimal look. i have my rears rolled and my bumper trimmed and i dont have any rubbing issues (17x10+44 square setup) i had the stock front fenders rolled and pulled…it worked, but most of my issues were definately in front.

i liked the voltex over fenders for the fronts and rears…but ultimately picked the most stock looking route…we’ll see how it turns out
go crazy with the s2k build fam throw a spoon fender on that thang :pimp:

go crazy with the s2k build fam throw a spoon fender on that thang :pimp:
A8F10F10-D6AD-4F73-871B-7676D8C551B4.jpeg

i was so close to getting the spoon fenders and mirrors!

but…i just love the ap1 bumper and have ducts running through the oem bumper to the calipers, also oem is way more forgiving when i lose it at the track. i cant imagine how i would feel if i lost it at the track with a $2k bumper in front. im getting two oem bumpers painted, one for the track and one for around town.

What else are you looking to do to it the whole Voltex kit is fire
voltex wing :nerd:
the voltex setup is fire.

im looking to keep the body as stock looking as possible. i have the oem lip kit and a tamon lip spoiler, im gonna get those pieces painted but im not going to throw them on…im kinda trying for that minimal/low key look. alot of parts are discontinued…ive been buying anything and everything oem from japan the last 8 years…seals/moldings/gaskets etc

And did you have them apply a layer of ceramic coating to the bra so it retains that glossy finish? Also, did you use Suntek Ultra or Xpel brand? I'm reading Suntek Ultra is THE PPF of all PPF's available on the market right now. They say it self-heals while it's out in the sun. Does Xpel brand do the same? Been considering this stuff for the longest but pushed it back after I got the engine work done back in Jan but I think it's time now. Did you clear-bra your entire car or just some of it?

I have XPEL and CeramicPro. If I had to do it all over again I would get STEK (not to be confused with SunTek) It has the ceramic coating built into the PPF and it lasts 10 years.

They also offer colored ppf which is thicker than vinyl wrap and is applied via wet-install.

I have XPEL, its great, just sucks if youre ever in a pinch you cant take it to the auto car wash
Good info. Why is that? I don't ever take my cars through a auto car wash anyway but curious to know. Wouldn't the PPF prevent any scratches & scuffs caused by the car wash brushes & equipment? You Xpel'd your entire car or just few panels?

Back
Top Bottom