\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Didn't know about the euro spec e36 m3 until I watched Doug Demuro's video. That m-cross fabric on the seats is crazy

Yup, we in the USA got shafted with the motor. Euro cars got the better motor with more power. We got the detuned version. ☹️

How much money do you think Doug Demuro has made? I know he owns a bunch of cars but you know he's rich. I laugh how he dresses even at high class press events but you only do that when you have $.

Nope, so wrong, lol. Bright colors look the best on Lamborghinis and McLarens. Even the Evora GTs look fantastic in the "Skittles" colors. 👍👍
5803C294-3D32-4BDE-8687-4C94F9260C93.jpeg

It look good on most bmw too, but I will agree, It suite super cars more

How much money do you think Doug Demuro has made? I know he owns a bunch of cars but you know he's rich. I laugh how he dresses even at high class press events but you only do that when you have $.
At least a million a year just on YouTube adsense revenue. Then add on carsandbids. Safe to say he can thrift all the tshirts and cargo shorts he wants now.

I could never be rich enough to not care about how I look

Some just don't care. I'll tell you a quick (AND GREAT) story about dress and money.

As you all know I sold Fords for 23 years. I was there when the original GT came out in 2005. We got one in. One of the first 200 cars built (#193). Owner kept it for years but I digress. I have (or should say had as he passed away earlier this year) a good friend who lived locally. Was very old, and unbeknownst to me, actually grew up near where my paternal grandfather lived (he died well before I was born). So when I met this guy, I didn't know who he was. Once he knew who I was, he was super to me. I'll say that I met him the first time at a car picnic. He showed up in his 1964 Ford GT-40 Mk1, chassis #103. Yes, it was REAL!! (I'll find a pic for the car).

That was 2000 I believe. Fast forward to when we got our GT in. He stopped by to see it (he would have bought it had the owner not kept it). We chatted for a bit (he always asked how I was feeling as he also knew my dad very very well, being my dad's dad was his friend and my dad is big in the car scene in my area). A few weeks later, he told me he went to the other Ford dealer in Quakertown, to see their GT. He went in, dressed in dirty jeans, and a shirt. This is what he always wore as I forget to mention, he did a lot of vintage racing after he retired as a commercial airline pilot. He wound up owning some rather special & historic race cars, with the GT being one.

He walked in, asked to see the GT. The salesperson looked at him and said that he wasn't allowed to look at it as he needed an appointment to view it and asked if he had the financial means to buy it (car that early had an MSRP from $140K for no options, to $156,595 or so before the markups some dealers did).

Little to them, he could have probably bought the dealership had he wanted to. He left and he never went back to them again. See, when he flew, pilots made killer $$$ for their time in the early & mid part of the 1900s. He stashed his $$$ where as most pilots wasted it on boose, drugs and hookers. He wound up buying vintage race cars for next to nothing that they all turned into millions of dollars. His collection will be going up for sale at Pebble Beach in August. Waiting for the listing to show up.

By the way, he did sell the GT40 as it was the oldest in existence and he was the longest owner ever. He got $2M+ for it, IN 2005!!! wound up getting a 300SL Gullwing, Ferrari 333SP open race car (these are RARE) and a vintage McLaren M8 race car. He was such a nice guy and he ALWAYS allowed anyone to come in his shop IF his blinds were up. If not, stop back later. I miss him. But dress how you like.

Why? He's actually very nice. He's friendly to anyone who comes up to him. When he lived in Philly a few years back, he was always chatting with car people.
Because his whole demeanor/cadence/whatever annoys me. I’m sure he’s a nice enough guy but still annoying.

Acura have no balls or vision. TLX Type S concept should have been released as is. Can't believe they dragged that thing around for 2 years showing it off then released something else.

Got to detailing the car after work. For the most part the PPF is spot on tucked away & can barely noticeable. However, I'm not going to pretend it's perfect because after extreme inspection with my 20/20 hawk eye vision I did notice a few air bubbles in the film on couple of panels & 2 spots where the film isn't flat. Going to go back Tuesday & have them fix these minor flaws.

Handwashed it, dried it with my auto blow dryer & than hit it with ceramic boost. Man, the ceramic these professionals use is on a different level. The stuff the shop used compared to the Adam's ceramic I had on before is night & day difference. The shops version is so damn hydrophobic & repellent even the soap has a hard time staying on the car & just beads right off.

The paint correction + polish + film adds INSANE amounts of depth to the paint. It's like a mirror. The paint looks so wet, glazed & swirl scratch free it's amazing. Some pics I took & my lil nephew doing what kids do, lol.
20220529_181428.jpg
20220529_190209.jpg
20220529_190249.jpg
20220529_190234.jpg
20220529_181422.jpg
20220529_194323.jpg
20220529_200145.jpg
20220529_200240.jpg
IMG-20220529-WA0002.jpg

Back
Top Bottom