\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

The interiors on the integra and civic are the same. It's laughable

2023-acura-integra-00017.jpeg

2022_honda_civic_sedan_dashboard.jpg

Two things happened:

Honda spent a bit less differentiating some of the products in the Acura/Honda lineups

A lot of the features once reserved for higher end vehicles has migrated to mass market brands-there's more evolution to the concept of 'luxury' than a power passenger seat and leather interior.

'The long nose' proportions that the Civic has to mimic an RWD car (i.e. 'presence'-Mazda deserves credit for shifting the needle here) doesn't quite translate to the Acura Integra 'FWD/sporty' DNA here.

Uff that front plate :smh: no no no.
I wonder for the people that live on the east coast that run without front plates, do ya get stopped often? I know they have that crappy rule in cali and I see YouTubers getting stopped often for it but just assume that’s cali and they have nothing better to do with they traffic cops there lol.

DAL500001.jpg
DAL500002.jpg
DAL500008.jpg
DAL500009.jpg
DAL500014.jpg
DAL500016.jpg
DAL500018.jpg
DAL500019.jpg

DMC Alpha5.

All-electric powertrain that allows for 0-60mph in 2.99 seconds and a top speed of 188mph.

New-DeLorean is also targeting a drag coefficient of 0.24Cd and a comprehensive 300-mile range from a 110kWh battery.
Looks pretty good, I'm impressed. I wonder what the motivation was to resurrect the DeLorean nameplate? If we take away Back To The Future movies the OG DeLorean was pretty forgettable. I researched the going rates for the original ones & in good condition they go between 18-25g.

Look like a base model current civic… let me guess they gonna charge 48k for this ? 😂

8FAD53EA-B51A-43F4-BE99-3F8127AAF056.jpeg
I love how everybody & their mother in the car industry uses this wheel design, lol. Literally A-Z just about every brand has a variation to this wheel design. My Challenger wears the same wheels just 1 pair of spokes extra. Super generic design but plain & good looking(especially in black) on a variety of cars.

Two things happened:

Honda spent a bit less differentiating some of the products in the Acura/Honda lineups

A lot of the features once reserved for higher end vehicles has migrated to mass market brands-there's more evolution to the concept of 'luxury' than a power passenger seat and leather interior.

'The long nose' proportions that the Civic has to mimic an RWD car (i.e. 'presence'-Mazda deserves credit for shifting the needle here) doesn't quite translate to the Acura Integra 'FWD/sporty' DNA here.
That long nose/GT design trick Mazda was/is using was what made their cars stand out and look premium. I guess these other Japanese makes wanted a piece of the pie because Mazda gained traction and they started selling. The current MDX and RDX adopted the long nose.

Very appropriate license plate-WINNING :lol: . Idk about that wrap though
20220530_102857.jpg
20220530_102903.jpg

That's Bryan Salamone's new SVJ. He's a pretty famous laywer in NY and he just got that car. It's painted a special color and it's all done up. He adds some holographic wrap elements to it as well. Just go to IG and type in #bryansalamone or #teamsalamone. You'll see what he's about. 👍

Looks pretty good, I'm impressed. I wonder what the motivation was to resurrect the DeLorean nameplate? If we take away Back To The Future movies the OG DeLorean was pretty forgettable. I researched the going rates for the original ones & in good condition they go between 18-25g.

Actually the DeLorean Motor Company still exists and had been in business for many years. They basically bought the intellectual rights and all property from the prior owners and have been selling replacement parts and servicing old DMC-12s for years. They actually have so much spare parts they can built somewhere around 30,000 new cars if someone wants a brand new car. 👍

That's Bryan Salamone's new SVJ. He's a pretty famous laywer in NY and he just got that car. It's painted a special color and it's all done up. He adds some holographic wrap elements to it as well. Just go to IG and type in #bryansalamone or #teamsalamone. You'll see what he's about. 👍
Lol wow, that's the guy I saw! Just googled him & read he's a famous & clearly successful divorce lawyer here in NY. And wow, that's paint? I respect it & take back what I said earlier.
Actually the DeLorean Motor Company still exists and had been in business for many years. They basically bought the intellectual rights and all property from the prior owners and have been selling replacement parts and servicing old DMC-12s for years. They actually have so much spare parts they can built somewhere around 30,000 new cars if someone wants a brand new car. 👍
Ohh. All these years in business & I never heard anything about them. Looks like they charge around 65k for a new one made from the old parts

I wonder for the people that live on the east coast that run without front plates, do ya get stopped often? I know they have that crappy rule in cali and I see YouTubers getting stopped often for it but just assume that’s cali and they have nothing better to do with they traffic cops there lol.

i've been stopped one time in the last 7 years that i've been rolling with no front plate, and it was by a rookie cop. here in VA i believe they changed it to a secondary offense now, so you cant get pulled over just for that.

i've been stopped one time in the last 7 years that i've been rolling with no front plate, and it was by a rookie cop. here in VA i believe they changed it to a secondary offense now, so you cant get pulled over just for that.
That’s good to know, I think it’s a crime to have to use front plates on a car, destroying a bumper for some stupid law smh.

Here in NY I've never been stopped for no front plate on my Challenger. Now that I think of it I've never been pulled over in that car. I only got a no front plate ticket once last year because I had the car parked on the street & a traffic cop was making her rounds. I'll pay the $65 fine with a smile on my face every single time. I also have a fake plate on the back of the Challenger. The text is the same as the one on my real plate but it's in the old Liberty plate design from back in the day. I got it from a novelty website. They say not to mount it on the car but w.e. haha. I got ticketed for that too at the same time when I got the ticket for no front plate :lol:

Cops don't really pull people over for that stuff here. I've had marked & unmarked cop cars driving behind me while I'm in my Challenger & no one has stopped me so far for it. If they do, I'll ask em to lemme swap on the real one since I keep it in my trunk just incase.

That’s good to know, I think it’s a crime to have to use front plates on a car, destroying a bumper for some stupid law smh.
It's just another tactic for the state gov't & bureaucrats to make money off their citizens & increase revenue which ultimately goes into their pockets anyway. In other words **** the law, lol.

Im so thankful that Pennsylvania doesn't require it and we are a 1-plate state. But honestly, they wouldn't do much if we were a 2-plate as they don't even stop my wife's car for running a PA euro plate (which isn't from the state, but is her correct plate #). They only go for speeders or something egregious.

Got to detailing the car after work. For the most part the PPF is spot on tucked away & can barely noticeable. However, I'm not going to pretend it's perfect because after extreme inspection with my 20/20 hawk eye vision I did notice a few air bubbles in the film on couple of panels & 2 spots where the film isn't flat. Going to go back Tuesday & have them fix these minor flaws.

Handwashed it, dried it with my auto blow dryer & than hit it with ceramic boost. Man, the ceramic these professionals use is on a different level. The stuff the shop used compared to the Adam's ceramic I had on before is night & day difference. The shops version is so damn hydrophobic & repellent even the soap has a hard time staying on the car & just beads right off.

The paint correction + polish + film adds INSANE amounts of depth to the paint. It's like a mirror. The paint looks so wet, glazed & swirl scratch free it's amazing. Some pics I took & my lil nephew doing what kids do, lol.
20220529_181428.jpg
20220529_190209.jpg
20220529_190249.jpg
20220529_190234.jpg
20220529_181422.jpg
20220529_194323.jpg
20220529_200145.jpg
20220529_200240.jpg
IMG-20220529-WA0002.jpg
brah that paint is so beautiful mane

cute nephew <3
Whats funny is the new Civic looks more like the old Integra.

925309EE-3AC9-41AD-886D-D68A5DB3CEE2.jpeg

58E49E92-47B2-467C-8410-F6EF34162940.jpeg

Headlights plus the grill/nose.
damn these old teggys lowkey HARD

i think it depends on the car and how you drive

if u have a normal looking whip and drive normally they won't really bug you

DAL500001.jpg
DAL500002.jpg
DAL500008.jpg
DAL500009.jpg
DAL500014.jpg
DAL500016.jpg
DAL500018.jpg
DAL500019.jpg

DMC Alpha5.

All-electric powertrain that allows for 0-60mph in 2.99 seconds and a top speed of 188mph.

New-DeLorean is also targeting a drag coefficient of 0.24Cd and a comprehensive 300-mile range from a 110kWh battery.
I need Doc to do a commercial promoting this. Kind of disappointed it doesn't hover.
aHR0cHM6Ly9jdDEwMS5jb21tb25zLmdjLmN1bnkuZWR1L3dwLWNvbnRlbnQvYmxvZ3MuZGlyLzEzMDI3L2ZpbGVzLzIwMj...gif

I would love to get one, but DMC quality was horrendous in the past.

Don't live on da East Coast but Colorado is a two plate state but you only get dinged if they pull you over for something else or when you park downtown.

I need Doc to do a commercial promoting this. Kind of disappointed it doesn't hover.
aHR0cHM6Ly9jdDEwMS5jb21tb25zLmdjLmN1bnkuZWR1L3dwLWNvbnRlbnQvYmxvZ3MuZGlyLzEzMDI3L2ZpbGVzLzIwMj...gif

I would love to get one, but DMC quality was horrendous in the past.

What are you talking about? Quality in the past? Their only car was built in the early 80s, in Ireland during a war, by a totally different company then who owns it now. If you actually google DMC, they are in Houston, been there for many years and build new Delorean DMC-12s if anyone wants one with parts they have. Really hard (and unfair frankly) to compare the only car from 40 years ago to today with today's technology, materials, craftsmanship and overall quality. The new cars will be impressive. I even gather better than Teslas, which honestly, their build quality is severely lacking (not knocking the tech as that's impressive), and from owners who have said, sucks.

Back
Top Bottom