\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

been driving this basic lexus for four years now and haven't had a single problem that I didn't cause myself. nothing too phat (although my son certainly loves it) but I'm not a car person and drive maybe once every week and a half or so, I'm constantly wandering around the neighborhood trying to remember where I parked it. but when I take it out for a drive, it's just bliss

52143516007_31dd0d8e98_c.jpg

Question for you guys with $100k+ cars everyday drivers. Aren’t you paranoid that some jealous j-hole is going to mess with you car\truck? I ended up selling one of my cars because I afraid someone would key it or something worse and with me being OCD a repair wouldn’t be good enough. Catching the person wouldn’t be a problem since I had a dashcam I just felt like I was always wanting to avoid the problem so I didn’t drive it much and eventually sold it.
My car is not worth anywhere near $100k but still have this fear. Have had random parts stolen off my bmw e46 like the corner headlight cover, door handle cover and rim center caps. It sucks cuz unless you're parking in your garage, there's always a chance someone can mess w your car

My car is not worth anywhere near $100k but still have this fear. Have had random parts stolen off my bmw e46 like the corner headlight cover, door handle cover and rim center caps. It sucks cuz unless you're parking in your garage, there's always a chance someone can mess w your car

Yup when I had my E36 and daily drove it I had the center caps stolen, front bumper trim, and then was hit by other drivers (their fault) three times. Also was hailed on when left outdoors lol.

Now I keep the E39 safe in the garage and try to only drive it when I can drive on backroads or if I know there's less traffic on the road or where it won't be parked out in public too long. I know it's not even that fancy or expensive of a car, but I'm OCD and very paranoid about people ****ing with it lol.

Question for you guys with $100k+ cars everyday drivers. Aren’t you paranoid that some jealous j-hole is going to mess with you car\truck? I ended up selling one of my cars because I afraid someone would key it or something worse and with me being OCD a repair wouldn’t be good enough. Catching the person wouldn’t be a problem since I had a dashcam I just felt like I was always wanting to avoid the problem so I didn’t drive it much and eventually sold it.

I don't park on the street. My car stays in my garage or a public garage if I am out. I would like to think that most people paying $30+/day to park in a public garage have better things to worry about than keying cars.

Miss the simplicity of modding Honda’s. Didn’t think a simple intake for my RC350 would be a little pain in the…

Damn crank hose wouldn’t stay on. Kept slipping off the tube. Went out and bought a hose clamp from Home Depot as others recommended. Think I finally got it to stay on. Hope it doesn’t come off while driving.
You keeping the Lex?

the funny thing is when you talk to someone who's not a keyboard warrior and actually spends time in the dirt they don't care what kinda car you drive, its just about being a cool person helping others and getting away from everything to get some dirt on your face and making memories

since we on the topic this my favorite type of "offroaders" and the best ones are all 2wd :lol:

That looks like so much fun, goddamit. Just let it rip & flyyyy. Sucks we don't have this in NY or closeby. I would pay good $ to get a crack at this, not as wild as these guys a bit more tame as a first timer. Dude has skill on the drone...got some good *** shots & footage. You be doing these desert runs?

What kinda wrap? Clearbra? I know one of your Teslas is Xpel'd, not sure which cuz you got like 10 of em 🤣

I have the XPEL on my 911, it deserves the best. Lol, S wrap is Inozetek. I currently only have the S and Y. Y is running naked, it's my daily--debating if I want to lift it and do an overlander setup for it, and do some army green or khaki type color.

But i'd probably only use it for curb checking the drive thru, as another user mentioned.

Screen Shot 2022-06-13 at 5.38.47 PM.png

model-y-off-road-2.jpg

A very legit worry for a car owner to have. Although my Challenger isn't 100k I'm in it for about 90 so I do worry a lot too. Way before all the modding I invested in a great quality dashcam(front & back)...can never be too safe out here.

If it does get keyed or scratched by some hater it'll be ok & I have piece of mind since I just PPF'd the entire car. I park it in the sun & the scratches will just disappear. Sucks that there are a lot of peole out there who damage others cars outta hate or just for fun but sadly, it's part of the world we live in. It never gets parked on the street, only garage parked so that helps a ton. When I do have it out I'm never that far away from it & if I'm in Manhattan with it I garage park it there too.

been driving this basic lexus for four years now and haven't had a single problem that I didn't cause myself. nothing too phat (although my son certainly loves it) but I'm not a car person and drive maybe once every week and a half or so, I'm constantly wandering around the neighborhood trying to remember where I parked it. but when I take it out for a drive, it's just bliss

52143516007_31dd0d8e98_c.jpg

-phone quality from some type of flip phone
-says the word “phat”
-driving an ES is bliss

What up OG. :pimp:

Haha it would probably look dope with black rims but I think I have had black wheels 10 years running. Wanted to do something different and bring back the polished look. Long overdue IMO.

Im loving the polished look lately as well. I know it aint full polished but these SSR SP1’s (bronze apparently is custom) on this RX7 is just amazing. That lip. :pimp:

75A46112-1826-42D8-B830-CFDB71C07A93.jpeg

E1C8FC37-23AF-4E13-A2B5-E34694D30608.jpeg

At the end of the day, it's just a car. Here today, gone 5 years from now and replaced with a nicer car.
It’s not really about the car. It more about everything that goes along with the occurance.

Car gets damaged by X person
Prosecution of said person
Quotes for repair or schedule with favorite shop.
Insurance adjuster comes to check car out
Rental car for repair time
Get car back and it may not be fixed to your satisfaction so you need to argue with body shop to re-repair.
Possible demimished value claim

How much time and aggravation is behind just this one incident?

Back
Top Bottom