\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

05fordgt 05fordgt michael ballack michael ballack knows how to drive a manual it's me who does not. Growing up I just never cared to learn but I'm itching to now.

Dang it, I didn't realize I used the wrong quote, my bad michael ballack michael ballack . It was REAL LATE when I went to bed, lol.

Glad your eager to try now. It's super fun. And now, most new cars have hill assist, so when you remove your foot from the brake (on a hill) it holds the car still for 3 seconds so you can engage the clutch and won't will back.

Just find small compact sedan that is manual (Civic or Accord would be perfect). They have a super light clutch and a slick manual gearbox. You'll have a ball with it & will pick it up in no time. 👍👍

Dang it, I didn't realize I used the wrong quote, my bad michael ballack michael ballack . It was REAL LATE when I went to bed, lol.

Glad your eager to try now. It's super fun. And now, most new cars have hill assist, so when you remove your foot from the brake (on a hill) it holds the car still for 3 seconds so you can engage the clutch and won't will back.

Just find small compact sedan that is manual (Civic or Accord would be perfect). They have a super light clutch and a slick manual gearbox. You'll have a ball with it & will pick it up in no time. 👍👍
That’s what I’m looking to do also. I never learned to drive manual, and I think about it way too often lol.

Finally shipped Wednesday and arrive LATE Thursday night (just before 10 pm). One quick pic before I take more after washing it in the morning. Camera phone does the color ZERO justice (under my 5000k white tri-panel LED bulbs I just installed). It does looks REALLY CRAZY though. Wait till the sun hits it in the morning. And no, I didn't adjust ANYTHING with the color of the car. Just blurred my neighbor out of the pic.

And yes, this IS the factory color. I'm sure there will be some questions on it, and I'll be more than happy to answer then in the morning. I just gotta get some sleep now lol.

well, here is it....

PXL_20220624_021649035~2.jpg

THIS IS CRAZY!! 🔥🔥🔥 SHE LOVES IT!!! 😊😊😊

Sheesh 🔥🔥🔥. Beautiful color.

I love the original Vipers, both the RT/10 and the GTS.

Still remember the first time I saw each of them in person as a kid, the Viper was one of the first super/sports cars that I was able to see on the road.

RT/10 a few of us were just playing in the yard when we hear a rumble, I legit ran out into the middle of the street to flag the dude down and to tell him to stop lol.

GTS I was sitting in the back of my parents car when again I heard a rumbling noise...Looked out the window and zooooooom a blue GTS flies past.

A couple years later when my parents were moving states and looking for houses, we just pulled into a neighborhood to look at some of the nicer houses that were way out of our budget. Dude had a black GTS parked outside with about 5 or 6 other classic American cars in his garage from old Mustangs to various Corvettes. I walked up to him to compliment him on it and dude was really nice. Started the car up and let me rev the engine of it. As a kid without a drivers license that was an awesome experience haha.

IMO they are still bargains...You can still find them for a good deal, moreso the RT/10...A couple years back those were selling for like $25,000...That is crazy to me because you get a beast of a V10 in an iconic shape...These are future classics for sure. GTS definitely the better looking of the two though.

You should definitely try to grab one if you can zmaqbool zmaqbool
I'd suggest learning manual on a different car first though :lol:

Personally for me I'd go without stripes...Super clean.
The OG Vipers are the best ones, agreed. Lol, did the dude stop in the R/T 10? That's nice of the man who let you rev up his Viper, we need more people like that out there that engage & let young enthusiasts in & around there cars within reason. Times are diff now so I get why some wouldn't.

GTS are so damn sexy. Ebay has a few right now & some look like good deals. Maybe in the near future I will but yeah def not going to try n learn manual on one of these 🤣 ain't tryna get myself killed lol. So my Challenger has stripes & because it does the whole stripes vs solid color debate has been put to rest for me & i'd always opt for a car with stripes. If I were to go for a solid color in a Viper it would have to be red.

Finally shipped Wednesday and arrive LATE Thursday night (just before 10 pm). One quick pic before I take more after washing it in the morning. Camera phone does the color ZERO justice (under my 5000k white tri-panel LED bulbs I just installed). It does looks REALLY CRAZY though. Wait till the sun hits it in the morning. And no, I didn't adjust ANYTHING with the color of the car. Just blurred my neighbor out of the pic.

And yes, this IS the factory color. I'm sure there will be some questions on it, and I'll be more than happy to answer then in the morning. I just gotta get some sleep now lol.

well, here is it....

That's an awesome color. Congrats 🥳. You got this for yourself or this is another one your wife got herself?

05fordgt 05fordgt michael ballack michael ballack knows how to drive a manual it's me who does not. Growing up I just never cared to learn but I'm itching to now.

I live in the BX and copped my old 08 Si in Queens near the Jackson Heights/Astoria area, near Steinway and where the Home Depot is. Had no idea on how to drive stick and besides a 5 min “lesson” from the sales man I got the car and was on my own. :lol:

Googled a few videos and was driving around but really having a tough time, I managed to find ONE video that explained it and gave me a tip that I used to actually start getting the hang of it, which was basically hold the at the clutch point and give the car gas to get going and THEN ease off the clutch. After watching it suddenly became so much easier as opposed to the general “balance it out” advice which I found tough.

That being said I copped the car around 3-4pm and waited til like 8 when traffic died down to take it back home cause I did not wanna stall on the bridge or in heavy traffic. :lol:

well, here is it....

sheesh, purple is really one of the best colors on a car congrats to your wife brudda

I live in the BX and copped my old 08 Si in Queens near the Jackson Heights/Astoria area, near Steinway and where the Home Depot is. Had no idea on how to drive stick and besides a 5 min “lesson” from the sales man I got the car and was on my own. :lol:

Googled a few videos and was driving around but really having a tough time, I managed to find ONE video that explained it and gave me a tip that I used to actually start getting the hang of it, which was basically hold the at the clutch point and give the car gas to get going and THEN ease off the clutch. After watching it suddenly became so much easier as opposed to the general “balance it out” advice which I found tough.

That being said I copped the car around 3-4pm and waited til like 8 when traffic died down to take it back home cause I did not wanna stall on the bridge or in heavy traffic. :lol:
:lol:

also bought my first manual car being kinda blind to manuals

although i do ride motorcycles so i guess i kinda did know, but i'm definitely in need of a manual whip next

i have a feeling da porsche provides da best manual experience

wish the new z06 was manual

well, here is it....

76E81593-5417-480D-BFEA-A3AADA43ED0A.gif

Sheesh 🔥🔥🔥. Beautiful color.

That's an awesome color. Congrats 🥳. You got this for yourself or this is another one your wife got herself?

sheesh, purple is really one of the best colors on a car congrats to your wife brudda

Thanks everyone. It's definitely NOT mine, lol. This is what replaced her Camaro. She wanted a manual car and something unique and different. It's a 2020 Lotus Evora GT. They only made these for 2 years, as the swan song for the Evora line. It's 416 hp in a car that weighs a little over 3,100 lbs. 3.5 V6 Supercharged from a Camry motor (though only the block is used, everything else is Lotus spec). And yes it's a manual, and one of the best gearboxes I've ever driven.

Now, about the elephant in the room. The color. It's called Viola Metallic, but in Lotus world, it's not a standard color as the standard Purple would have been Aubergine Purple. A great color, very metallic, but a bit darker. This is actually a Bespoke color and it's actually Viola Pasifae which for those who know is Lamborghini Purple. We think it's a 1 of 1. Could very well be as they only made 722 total cars for the two years and one of 535 manuals for those years. A rare car and possibly the last true analog car (very little in the cabin). The true modern day NSX.

I'll get more pics for everyone later when I wash it. It's a very interesting car just being around it. Once we take it out later, we get to see how it is. The good thing, the 3rd cat was already deleted so it's gonna sound AWESOME when it's in sport mode. 😉

well, here is it....

Suuuuper fire. Definitely need to see a lot more pics! Congrats to the wife, that is a sweet ride. I dig the Lambo, and you know I am a huge fan of her F-Type, but I think this one takes the cake...The car itself+the color is just top notch. If you get an Emira down the line those two will look badass side by side.

And no problem, I figured you quoted the wrong person since my E39 is stick haha.

Definitely learn if you get the chance, you'll pick it up in no time. It is a challenge learning in the States though since manual cars are so rare...In Europe and parts of Asia it's so much more common.

Like 05fordgt 05fordgt your best bet is finding a cheaper beater and learning on that, that's really the only option unless you have a friend with a manual who doesn't mind a newbie potentially ******* up the clutch and repeated stalls lol. Could also go to a "tutor" who teaches you but that **** will be expensive and better to just get behind the wheel and learn yourself.

The first day or maybe first week or so will be very frustrating, believe me. You will feel like an idiot at times and if you are in traffic it can be super embarrassing.

When I was learning I stalled in the middle of an intersection during summertime. Caught in incoming traffic of a 4 way stop with people honking and screaming at you from all angles and trust me when that happens you are going to keep stalling...Every time I tried to start it back up I'd stall...Legit like 10-15 times in a row, I was sweating bullets until I got it to start and got out of the way of all the people lol. Definitely learn in an empty parking lot or something first, get used to coming to a stop/going again...Also hills lol, honestly I'm still not a fan of hills, mostly because any time I come anywhere near one, someone is RIGHT behind me riding my bumper, but like he said above, newer cars have hill assist.

Thanks everyone. It's definitely NOT mine, lol. This is what replaced her Camaro. She wanted a manual car and something unique and different. It's a 2020 Lotus Evora GT. They only made these for 2 years, as the swan song for the Evora line. It's 416 hp in a car that weighs a little over 3,100 lbs. 3.5 V6 Supercharged from a Camry motor (though only the block is used, everything else is Lotus spec). And yes it's a manual, and one of the best gearboxes I've ever driven.

Now, about the elephant in the room. The color. It's called Viola Metallic, but in Lotus world, it's not a standard color as the standard Purple would have been Aubergine Purple. A great color, very metallic, but a bit darker. This is actually a Bespoke color and it's actually Viola Pasifae which for those who know is Lamborghini Purple. We think it's a 1 of 1. Could very well be as they only made 722 total cars for the two years and one of 535 manuals for those years. A rare car and possibly the last true analog car (very little in the cabin). The true modern day NSX.

I'll get more pics for everyone later when I wash it. It's a very interesting car just being around it. Once we take it out later, we get to see how it is. The good thing, the 3rd cat was already deleted so it's gonna sound AWESOME when it's in sport mode. 😉

I was about to ask if it was manual, perfect spec right there...Crazy about the color being 1:1, that's awesome. IMO that Viola Pasifae is looking a lot nicer on the Lotus compared to how it looks on the Lambos. Please get us some more pics when you get a chance!

Back
Top Bottom