\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

I thought The pricing gets updated to current pricing if you change the specs?

I feel like the red looks good dirty, better than black or white. Blue/grey might hide the dirt a little better.

Ive said in here before that I wrestled with colors for a while…but i have NO regrets about the red.
In our last two orders our MYP Tesla honored the price at the time of the reservation, despite color changes. Reservations are selling for $1k online in some cases.

I’ve been looking at bc forged and vr forged
If i recall VR Forged is Vivid Racing house brand, but no custom offsets. They post a lot looking for marketing vehicles though so maybe reach out and see what they’ll do for you, i think Austin?? is the point of contact there.

Off the shelf offsets would be a no from me though.

I’d go BC for custom and research offsets online.

Road Trip

Screen Shot 2022-06-09 at 9.02.52 AM.png
Nice! My wife loves hers. I spent last Friday adjusting the dampers to firm to reduce the understeer at the track.

It’s UI is very quirky however. But there are good bones here.

If i recall VR Forged is Vivid Racing house brand, but no custom offsets. They post a lot looking for marketing vehicles though so maybe reach out and see what they’ll do for you, i think Austin?? is the point of contact there.

Off the shelf offsets would be a no from me though.

I’d go BC for custom and research offsets online.
I’ve purchase from them before with a good experience. They make 2 designs for the 992 but only 1 in 5-lug

1996 Umbrella Corp satellite image honestly made my day, hilarious lol

@dinanbmw playing that OG top down GTA :lol::lol:

Anyone know why they don't auction this stuff off instead?? Seems very wasteful to just crush them..Wouldn't auctioning raise extra money they could use for their department etc?
That's exactly what a lot of people said in the comments section- to auction them vs crush them. I think it's because the ATVs are dirty...no title/can't be registered + I believe it's the thinking of the Mayor that crushing them means they can't ever return :lol:

I’ve purchase from them before with a good experience. They make 2 designs for the 992 but only 1 in 5-lug

They’re a great company, but new to wheels. Definitely reach out because I think they’re giving a decent discount in exchange for marketing photos for their wheels.

That guy Austin has been all over the place recruiting.

Been looking at SUV’s recently because I need the cargo space for my road bike, golf clubs, crap like that. Looked at a Lexus GX, BMW X3/X5, and Audi Q5/Q7. Also looked at the Audi A5 Sportback since it has the hatchback.

Buying used, and I want something that I can keep for awhile. The infotainment system in the GX is so damn old, but damn is it a sturdy SUV. The BMW’s were more fun to drive but I can’t imagine owning one for 5+ years given the reliability issues. Somehow I’m leaning towards the GX despite the old infotainment system. Don’t care about gas mileage

Going to check out a Panamera tomorrow. Might be the best of both worlds. I’m all over the place right now :lol:

why not cop a denali?

or trackhawk :nerd:

Didn’t even think about the Denali yet 🤔.

Can’t do Jeeps. Damn near everyone I know has had problems with them after a few years. Kind of leaning towards the GX. Went in thinking I wouldn’t like it but it just feels like it’s better quality than the Germans. Only thing is the car feels really old on the inside, but that’s not necessarily a bad thing.

Didn’t even think about the Denali yet 🤔.

Can’t do Jeeps. Damn near everyone I know has had problems with them after a few years. Kind of leaning towards the GX. Went in thinking I wouldn’t like it but it just feels like it’s better quality than the Germans. Only thing is the car feels really old on the inside, but that’s not necessarily a bad thing.
The new 2022 got a new interior, i know you looking at something used but something to consider

Been looking at SUV’s recently because I need the cargo space for my road bike, golf clubs, crap like that. Looked at a Lexus GX, BMW X3/X5, and Audi Q5/Q7. Also looked at the Audi A5 Sportback since it has the hatchback.

Buying used, and I want something that I can keep for awhile. The infotainment system in the GX is so damn old, but damn is it a sturdy SUV. The BMW’s were more fun to drive but I can’t imagine owning one for 5+ years given the reliability issues. Somehow I’m leaning towards the GX despite the old infotainment system. Don’t care about gas mileage

Going to check out a Panamera tomorrow. Might be the best of both worlds. I’m all over the place right now :lol:

I dunno about the newer ones, but the original X5 is pretty reliable and easy to work on if you get the 6 cylinder variants...The V8 is definitely more complex and has more expensive repairs.

My boy has a diesel x5 with 300k on the clock.

He’s towed with it too forever. He towed a Range Rover through the smokies with it a few months ago and it’s fine. Pulls a small camper with it too all the time.

You need the carbon build up cleaned every so often if you keep the emissions other than that it’s trouble free.

My boy has a diesel x5 with 300k on the clock.

He’s towed with it too forever. He towed a Range Rover through the smokies with it a few months ago and it’s fine. Pulls a small camper with it too all the time.

You need the carbon build up cleaned every so often if you keep the emissions other than that it’s trouble free.

Well my boy had an X6 that literally caught on fire on the side of the highway. Showed me a video he took and thought he was exaggerating but there was literally flames in the engine bay like it had Dragons Breath equipped. :lol:

Yeah this is what they were in, but I wouldn't say the car is what killed them. The driver was driving nearly double the limit on public roads and on old tires. Really sad what happened, but this stresses the importance that there is a time and place to push these cars, and gotta stay on top of things like old tires. Carrera GT is almost a racecar, insane power, lightweight. On old tires any car like that is going to be very dangerous. Tires might look fine from a quick glance, but rubber deteriorates easily, especially depending on the weather and climate. Take a look at cars that are left in the sun and how rubber trims and stuff around windows can become brittle and start cracking and even turn to dust.

Actually the tire thing reminds me of Manny Khoshbin. Dude was complaining that he didn't wan to replace the tires on his Bugatti because they seemed fine and it was too expensive to change all four. Dude has some of the rarest cars and specs on the planet with 1 of 1 Hermes editions etc and changing tires on his Bugatti is too expensive? IIRC he tried to sell the car as is too. Crazy IMO.
That's crazy because I hear that it was the cars fault a lot of the time discussing this with friends & family. Thanks for the insight on it. Driving double the limit on public roads is plain dumb to begin with good tires or not. He should've considered the age of the tires before pushing it like he did. I wonder if Paul Walker told em to chill out.

It amazes me how many people neglect tire maintenance on their cars. Like, it's the one & only thing that connects your car to the ground...might want to stay on top of the wear & tear involved. I especially hate it when I see cars rolling around with 4 diff brand tires. That would throw my OCD to the skies.

That dude has a Bugatti & all them other toys but he chooses to cheap out on a set of tires? Some people man :smh:

Back
Top Bottom