\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

This week's cars and coffee was a good one. This Ford GT had carbon fiber wheels and rotors.

20220710_095727.jpg

Classic Lamborghini Diablo.
20220710_100341.jpg

On a side note, the dirty cars that I had been complaining about being at the Cars and Coffee were random cars left in the lot from the night before, and not related to the event. They started towing those cars from the lot and that put an end to the dirty cars at the event.

Nice but unpractical. I briefly considered it but before buying my last car but knew it wouldn’t meet my needs with 2 young kids and being 6’2”. Backseat room would not be sufficient. If I was single or even without kids it would have been a go. I actually owned a B8 A4 Avant and is still one of my favorite cars Ive owned.
yeah i'm not in that situation

the appeal of the wagon is i can randmly buy large items and throw them in the back and also get to 60 in less than 4 seconds and its not flashy which is nice too

This week's cars and coffee was a good one. This Ford GT had carbon fiber wheels and rotors.

20220710_095727.jpg

Classic Lamborghini Diablo.
20220710_100341.jpg

On a side note, the dirty cars that I had been complaining about being at the Cars and Coffee were random cars left in the lot from the night before, and not related to the event. They started towing those cars from the lot and that put an end to the dirty cars at the event.

That black GT is owned by a good friend of mine. He had a blue one when they first came out. Sold it and used the $$$ to buy another one, which means he got a buyer's allocation who passed their allocation up. Very good dude.

That Diablo was from Delaware. We met him in Exton 2 months ago at their evening cruise night. Very nice man who was very friendly to talking to us about his car and once I told him my wife owns a Lamborghini, he was asking her about how she likes it.

Had I had my car (it was at the body shop getting a small spot fixed on the rear bumper) I would have went. Was hoping to take her new car but she didn't want to go, and I wasn't going to take it if she didn't want to go. Shame as it would have been photographed like crazy there (those spotters who go don't know she has it yet). It's a great show, just that it's getting too big and if you want a spot you gotta get there 45 minutes early. Wish there was a larger lot to use. 🤔

i was on the 101 yesterday for about 20 miles following a beautiful rs6 avant and man it was so lovely

definitely considering it when i can get some other things outta the way
Hopefully the prices will be better when you’re ready to buy. All of last year I looked for one for my wife , even spoke with a guy you referred me to and all had a 20-50k ADM. I settled for an S7 but make I love the RS6, just not enough to pay 180k for it

That black GT is owned by a good friend of mine. He had a blue one when they first came out. Sold it and used the $$$ to buy another one, which means he got a buyer's allocation who passed their allocation up. Very good dude.

That Diablo was from Delaware. We met him in Exton 2 months ago at their evening cruise night. Very nice man who was very friendly to talking to us about his car and once I told him my wife owns a Lamborghini, he was asking her about how she likes it

Had I had my car (it was at the body shop getting a small spot fixed on the rear bumper) I would have went. Was hoping to take her new car but she didn't want to go, and I wasn't going to take it if she didn't want to go. Shame as it would have been photographed like crazy there (those spotters who go don't know she has it yet). It's a great show, just that it's getting too big and if you want a spot you gotta get there 45 minutes early. Wish there was a larger lot to use. 🤔

You wouldn't take wifeys car without her? You taking this "my wife's car" thing like that huh.

You wouldn't take wifeys car without her? You taking this "my wife's car" thing like that huh.

It's her car buddy, not mine. What's the problem? 🤷 She bought it not me. When she had to go somewhere months back, and her daily was in the shop getting service, she asked to take my Mustang (she hates my Fusion Energi. Hates the regen brakes as they feel weird to those who don't drive EVs often). So she asked and I said absolutely. Have fun. I'm not going to take her car without her permission if she doesn't want me to take it. Not sure what the big deal is?

Hopefully the prices will be better when you’re ready to buy. All of last year I looked for one for my wife , even spoke with a guy you referred me to and all had a 20-50k ADM. I settled for an S7 but make I love the RS6, just not enough to pay 180k for it
My wife got her SQ7 right before sh*t really hit the fan. We waited 7 months and still ended up with a discount.

It's her car buddy, not mine. What's the problem? 🤷 She bought it not me. When she had to go somewhere months back, and her daily was in the shop getting service, she asked to take my Mustang (she hates my Fusion Energi. Hates the regen brakes as they feel weird to those who don't drive EVs often). So she asked and I said absolutely. Have fun. I'm not going to take her car without her permission if she doesn't want me to take it. Not sure what the big deal is?

Yes, we know its her car its only mentioned every post. :lol: Not what im getting at bruh, but you answered where I was going with it there where she would let you take it if you asked. I was assuming with that earlier statement thats its her car and no matter what you can't ever take it (even with asking).

Ihonestly love this front end haha

looks very low and sleek

I love the new Civics and how the front end look kind 90's JDM so I know this Type R is gonna be a banger. Last one was OD overstyled.

EDIT:

Thats the hatcback no? Aw hell nah, the sedan would look so good with a high spoiler and the other type R goodies. Please let this not be just the hatchback.

I love the new Civics and how the front end look kind 90's JDM so I know this Type R is gonna be a banger. Last one was OD overstyled.

EDIT:

Thats the hatcback no? Aw hell nah, the sedan would look so good with a high spoiler and the other type R goodies. Please let this not be just the hatchback.
Type Rs have always been hatches with the ultra rare (JDM only) DB8 as the exception.
CDAD5E00-24BE-41C3-B32F-FEDB53658871.jpeg

Well i'm not young enough to forget the nasty depreciation that hits german cars :lol:

I have a buddy who's a sales manager at audi in socal and dude told me like 6 months ago they only had 4 rs6 avant's available in all of cali.

fast forward now i go on cars.com and see soooo many and they are all trying to catch the tail end of the market boom.

I have a feeling we might be able to snag one for close to 100k in a year.

Hell i know buddies who copped the new s class for 150k now i can find one for 115-120k like 5 months later

Type Rs have always been hatches with the ultra rare DB8 as the exception.
CDAD5E00-24BE-41C3-B32F-FEDB53658871.jpeg

Yeah but **** that, this gen sedan as a Type R would be too fire. That right there is thte exact vibe. This gen hatchback looks kinda funny too, last gen def look better as a hatch.

Yes, we know its her car its only mentioned every post. :lol: Not what im getting at bruh, but you answered where I was going with it there where she would let you take it if you asked. I was assuming with that earlier statement thats its her car and no matter what you can't ever take it (even with asking).

She didn't want to go, she didn't offer me to take it, so I didn't ask. 👍 And yeah, it is her car and I won't take it if she doesn't want it out. No different than a guy going to go to LV for a weekend with his buddies without asking his wife. That isn't going to fly as it's disrespectful to not ask. And if I still don't catch your reply, my apologies as I was feeling crappy last night (not eating enough protein had me with a HORRID headache). 😕

Yeah, I mention her cars a lot because I'm proud of her being able to get them and they are freaking cool (way way way cooler than my car) and I want to share with others. I know for a fact some people (men) have issues with women having nice cars (nicer than their own) as I've seen reactions/heard comments in person. It's disgusting.

Yeah but **** that, this gen sedan as a Type R would be too fire. That right there is thte exact vibe. This gen hatchback looks kinda funny too, last gen def look better as a hatch.
Unfortunately as a profit generating business, the cost (certification, R&D crash testing etc.) couldn’t justify for what would essentially be a USDM product only (small sedans are a non starter in EU/Japan markets).

The public/industry moves to CUV/SUVs means that enthusiasts will be lucky to get reasonably priced performance themed products like these-if at all.

Last edited:
The 11th generation Civic Type R is set to launch next week. The previous gen was probably one of the best hot hatches I’ve driven on track. I’ve heard this one is even better.
09672201-B6CE-4F8A-91F3-9768267EFA5D.jpeg

DC39500B-183C-4F39-A033-23460502ADCB.jpeg
24635C99-67CC-46A6-9500-F33506901862.jpeg

The styling and design looks much more fluid and better overall then the prior gen. 👍

EDIT:

DEFINITELY over styled. The lower back bumpers with the fake vents of plastic. This car looks to be better. We'll see for sure soon. 👍

Everybody’s relationship is different so no judgment. My marriage is the exact opposite and a lot of men I know scratch their head when I tell them or they see my going in my wife’s purse ( well technically its that stupid backpack that everybody has now lol) or my wife using my phone if she doesn’t have her on her ( I don’t have a Lock Screen on my personal cell) . She doesn’t have to ask you use my things and vice versa.

Everybody’s relationship is different so no judgment. My marriage is the exact opposite and a lot of men I know scratch their head when I tell them or they see my going in my wife’s purse ( well technically its that stupid backpack that everybody has now lol) or my wife using my phone if she doesn’t have her on her ( I don’t have a Lock Screen on my personal cell) . She doesn’t have to ask you use my things and vice versa.

I hear ya buddy. I have a lock screen code by she knows it (it's locked if I Ieft it by accident somewhere) in case she needs to use it. Vise versa. Same with me getting something out of her bag. But her car is different. She works her tail off for them and I'm only going to take it if she wants me to and says it's okay. 👍

Well i'm not young enough to forget the nasty depreciation that hits german cars :lol:

I have a buddy who's a sales manager at audi in socal and dude told me like 6 months ago they only had 4 rs6 avant's available in all of cali.

fast forward now i go on cars.com and see soooo many and they are all trying to catch the tail end of the market boom.

I have a feeling we might be able to snag one for close to 100k in a year.

Hell i know buddies who copped the new s class for 150k now i can find one for 115-120k like 5 months later

I think you’re right to extent, German cars always hit depreciation hard and it is always the S class and 7 Series that get hit the hardest but there are and always have been German cars that hold their value like the 911 and I feel the RS6 is gonna fall into that category. It’s produced in such lower volume then any other performance Audi and add to the fact it’s an Avant

I hope you’re right tho

German cars or $100+ luxury sedans in general? Historically the A8/S8, 7 series and S-Class have always dropped in value after purchase. Range Rover is another one that plummets but people still buy them. Personally I’m not a fan of any of the above no matter the price.
I don’t see the RS6 suffering from this same downfall.

Back
Top Bottom