\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Before winter I want to clay it and get a machine on it before putting it away. I just move slower than before bc my back is ****ed up. Sucks lol
Damn, you hurt your back? Yeah, I hear ya...only 2 1/2 months left before it starts to get cold 😔 . I'm going to Lake George next month it should make for a nice scenic drive & I'll get to put some decent miles on it too.

It's actually a pretty rare car. Most people go for the ZL1. I've seen very very few around on the road. You'd definitely have something unique and special that's for sure. And it's an impressive vehicle. Have you found any for sale? Funny as I know of one at an Audi dealer for sale. Price isn't terrible either. Here's the link:

This is actually $3K less than when I saw the car in person a little over 2 weeks ago (was over $61K). Went to Newark, Delaware with a friend who was dropping off his 86 Single flying mirror Testarossa to get the interior re-dyed white. I knew of this place and we stopped on the way back to check it out. Some cool cars for sale inside. 👍
yeah the zl1 is cool but if your buying it strictly for the track i think the z28 would be more enjoyable due to it being a literal purpose made track machine and is a turn key track car

I found a couple in the high 40 and low 50k range with like 50k miles on the odometer

personally not worried about something with miles on because its a chevy how bad could maintenance be :lol:

yeah the zl1 is cool but if your buying it strictly for the track i think the z28 would be more enjoyable due to it being a literal purpose made track machine and is a turn key track car

I found a couple in the high 40 and low 50k range with like 50k miles on the odometer

personally not worried about something with miles on because its a chevy how bad could maintenance be :lol:
For what it’s worth, a large number of GM Performance guys will only track the Z28 regularly.

Grab a vette if your going to the track. Visibility and weight are not on the camaros side 😂

I hear ya. Parts should be pretty reasonable being a GM. But just make sure you get a thorough PPI on any car your serious on. That way, they can find out if it was tracked prior and if any issues arose. 👍

Ah ****
What's the plans for this one? Paint and forgis?

NAH NO FORGIS. BUT YES PAINT, NEW QUARTER TOP, INTERIOR UPHOLSTERY, MUSIC… PROBABLY 2 15’S IN THE TRUNK, DIGITAL DASH, SUSPENSION WORK.

MAKING SURE ALL THINGS MECHANICAL ARE A1 FIRST AND FOREMOST, THIS IS DEF A LONG TERM PROJECT.

LS SWAP POSSIBLY MUCH LATER DOWN THE LINE.

AND THESE BRUTUS FORGED ARE THE ONLY WHEELS I WANT.
6949B83D-D67C-485B-A250-C7330707F5C6.jpeg

Chicago style with the tiarra grill and tubbed on some 6's? :pimp:
NOT A FAN OF THE TIARRA GRILLE BUT YES TO 6’s.

Spent 5 hours at a car dealer yesterday and I don't see a world where their business model is sustainable. Even though I was being sold a car at MSRP, the amount of upselling that happens from the salespeople to the finance office is out of this world. So many different dealer-installed accessories and warranties nowadays. At one point, they even had a guy sit down and try to sell me new car insurance. Made me truly appreciate the tesla direct-to-consumer business. Although, I will admit that one salesperson I worked with went above and beyond in making it happen, so I shot him a $100 Amazon gift card this morning.

Spent 5 hours at a car dealer yesterday and I don't see a world where their business model is sustainable. Even though I was being sold a car at MSRP, the amount of upselling that happens from the salespeople to the finance office is out of this world. So many different dealer-installed accessories and warranties nowadays. Made me truly appreciate the tesla direct-to-consumer business. Although, I will admit that one salesperson I worked with went above and beyond in making it happen, so I shot him a $100 Amazon gift card this morning.
I'm only paying MSRP, expecially of they have it advertised at such price. Would make them take everythinng off.

The same way witj the BS doc fees of 1k and up. Like MF what documents are you preparing for 1k? FOH.

Pieces of **** dealers man.

They be better off by just making 1k for their cars, but obviously with the lack of inventory these con artist have to make their 100k a year some how.

Spent 5 hours at a car dealer yesterday and I don't see a world where their business model is sustainable. Even though I was being sold a car at MSRP, the amount of upselling that happens from the salespeople to the finance office is out of this world. So many different dealer-installed accessories and warranties nowadays. At one point, they even had a guy sit down and try to sell me new car insurance. Made me truly appreciate the tesla direct-to-consumer business. Although, I will admit that one salesperson I worked with went above and beyond in making it happen, so I shot him a $100 Amazon gift card this morning.
The dealer I bought from said I had to finance or no deal. Finance lady was pushing extended warranty and wheel/tire care. I must have told her 30 different times before she finally s.t.fu. She was not happy. Wait till she sees I paid off the truck today …one month after purchase. :tongue:

The dealer I bought from said I had to finance or no deal. Finance lady was pushing extended warranty and wheel/tire care. I must have told her 30 different times before she finally s.t.fu. She was not happy. Wait till she sees I paid off the truck today …one month after purchase. :tongue:
Yeah ... they get commission by having you finance with their bank and obviously the extended warranty is just a BS add on they get commision on/or do themselves.

I once had to agree to the ****ing extended warranty because the car I was trading in ..... well the day I was suppose to take it in and pick up the new vehicle, I was doing a bunch a stupid **** ... anyways, i was dragging it and one of the roads was under construction, well I hit a hole and the transmission oil pan broke. The transmission started slipping, but luckly I was able to pull in a dominican spot who welded the crack, put some fluids and got me going. I made it to the dealer but I didnt give the keys until everything was signed. MF were pressing me too ... talking about they have to move it and stuff. I tried to fight the entended warranty all I could to the extent that dude was getting frustrated to the point he almost broke the contract. At that point I was like F it, I eat the extra 1k, they'll have to bite the bullet with the major repairs. I got the new car and bounce before they had a chance to look at the trade in. A few hours later they're calling me talking about the bank denied me and I had to take the car back. I was like, naw, to bad for ya ... this my car now and I just called the bank and they said I was good to go ... dude was all kind of mad after that ... all he heard was me hanging up.

Mf threatened to sue and said that I did something to the car to make it run good but I knew it had mechanical issues ... i was like ya test drove it. If anything happened ya did that ****. Dudes harassed me for a month talking about bring the car back. **** that scum *****. I got pay back for all the homies they screwed before me.

Last edited:

**** sucks at most of these dealers. I went to a Porsche dealer and these dudes were just clueless and trying to upsell and lie about things. It's annoying and I don't see it being sustainable too unless they change (get rid of some of the dinosaurs working there and scumbags) or go direct to the Tesla model like you said as well.

Just give me MSRP, take care of whatever service/questions I need or what I am asking for and get out my face :lol:

Yeah ... they get commission by having you finance with their bank ans obviously extended warranty are just a bunch of BS.

I once had to agree to the ****ing extended warranty because the car I waa trading in ..... well I was doing a bunch a stupid **** the day I was taking it in and picking up the car ... anywaya I hit a hole and the transmission oil pan broke and the transmission started slipping. Luckly i waa able to pull in a dominican spot who welded the crack put some fluids and made it to the dealer. Didnt give the keys until everything waa signed. I try to fight the entwnded warranty and dude was getting ao fruatrated that he almost broke thw contract. At that point I was like F it. Got the car and bounce a few hours later they calling me talking about the bank denied me and I had to take the car back. I was like . To bad for ya ... this my car and rhw bank already said I was good to go ..

Mf threatened to sue and say that I did something to the car to make it run good ... i was like ya teat drove it. If anything happened ya did that ****. Dudes harassed me for a month talking about bring the car back. **** that scum *****.
This is a wild play but I could see me running something like this in my younger years

Grab a vette if your going to the track. Visibility and weight are not on the camaros side 😂
not a fan of a vette tbh just don't like it
I hear ya. Parts should be pretty reasonable being a GM. But just make sure you get a thorough PPI on any car your serious on. That way, they can find out if it was tracked prior and if any issues arose. 👍
Yeah thats a good point
But the Vettes have a bit of a heat soak issue. The Z28 was built for the track specifically and they put in additional cooling to help compensate (from what I heard). 👍
Yeah the z28 is a purpose built track machine which is what draws me to it

u a good guy for taking care of him

dealers can be so annoying to deal with

not a fan of a vette tbh just don't like it

Yeah thats a good point

Yeah the z28 is a purpose built track machine which is what draws me to it
I'm not tryna talk you out of it the z28 is a beast. I would do some research into SS 1le option before you make that jump tho. A little less power but still comes with all the creature comforts and a brake job won't cost you 6k :lol:

Back
Top Bottom