\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

NO! Not the Mustang! Judging by how damn close she was to your car you got lucky she didn't scrape the entire left side front to back(thank God). She's full of 💩 & knows exactly what she did. Them mirrors make enough noise when they get knocked off. Hope it gets repaired asap & she pays you your $.

Yup, my Mustang! 😞 Bud, I was extremely lucky that the garage had security cameras and one was pointed directly at my car. So I used their video to find the proper time stamp. All I had to do was see who was too close. Not 30 minutes after we arrived it happened. Then I checked my dash cam. I can't post the video as it's a file that won't post (I snipped the clip) but the sound was unmistakable.

I sent the video and stills to the claims adjuster already. Going to call in the morning to see how receptive they are to doing something for diminished value now that the car will have a Carfax blemish. We'll see.

On the positive side, mirror was only $75 for the whole thing and I put it on myself. The cover was an aftermarket that isn't available anymore so it had to be repainted. That should be about the same. Since my car was parked and unoccupied, my deductible was only $100. So I'll get it all back. But it's the diminished value I want. Not a lot but something. Had she not run and just exchanged info I would have not called the police. But her actions made me do that. So we'll see what her company says to my request.

But yeah, short version, she's full of it! And I have NO FREAKING CLUE how she didn't do more damage. Could have taken off the entire side of my car. Then I would have been LIT! 😡😡🤬🤬 And she's dang lucky she didn't hit my friends M2 in front. That mirror is a hell of a lot more money!

Last edited:
My girl switched to Geico recently and quoted $220 a month for a 2017 Ford Escape. No accidents/speeding tickets for at least 5-6 years. A few parking tickets over the years. Is that **** normal?
There are so many variables when it comes to how rates are calculated but that is expensive.

I have a my 2020 Charger Hellcat and 2020 Grand Cherokee insured with Geico and I pay 235 per month combined for both cars, 1 mill/1mill policy, and they are registered in Manhattan.

My girl switched to Geico recently and quoted $220 a month for a 2017 Ford Escape. No accidents/speeding tickets for at least 5-6 years. A few parking tickets over the years. Is that **** normal?
Mines went up by $100 🥴… but I have a bad record, but I also been on a good path for almost 2 years so only a few more years of this crap.

Last edited:

man that's wild. i feel like that's coverage for a brand new 17-18 year old driver who's had their Ls for less than a year.

I've done insurance shopping recently in 2022 and have found state farm to offer the most reasonable quotes. i bundle home and auto, but even when i tried that with Farmers and Allstate, their estimates were still $500-$600 more per 6 months. state farm has a bunch of discounts they tack onto my premium so it might be worth it to give a local agent a call, especially if she's got a clean driving record.

There are so many variables when it comes to how rates are calculated but that is expensive.

I have a my 2020 Charger Hellcat and 2020 Grand Cherokee insured with Geico and I pay 235 per month combined for both cars, 1 mill/1mill policy, and they are registered in Manhattan.
sheeshh

that sounds not bad

hopefully they don't teach a financial literacy class

as a teacher myself, i feel like i have the license to say this cat belongs in the FOOLS WILDIN THINKING THEY DOING IT UNAPPRECIATION VOL GET THE @#*+ OUT

Teacher that drives a Porsche here. Don’t know how many times I have heard that joke. Fortunately for my kids, financial literacy IS a component of what I teach and I get to stress the importance of using investments to create multiple revenue streams and passive income.

Acura Type S is maybe the most over hyped underperforming anything I’ve seen. It’s always slowest in every comparison. Ridiculous marketing.

Good thing the Explorer ST wasn’t included. The Durango is sharp!

Thinking it’s time for some made in Japan wheels… pretty close to ordering this for the LC

0BB59BCD-2913-44BC-980D-73D7389CD764.png

seems like prices are up everywhere, progressive just added another $10 to our policy renewal, so i said f it, lets just shop it around and everywhere else came in at least over $200 more, so ill gladly pay the 10 beans :lol:

what state is this btw
In MA

I have a '17 Mustang GT myself, and mines $20 cheaper than hers. I don't get it.
man that's wild. i feel like that's coverage for a brand new 17-18 year old driver who's had their Ls for less than a year.

I've done insurance shopping recently in 2022 and have found state farm to offer the most reasonable quotes. i bundle home and auto, but even when i tried that with Farmers and Allstate, their estimates were still $500-$600 more per 6 months. state farm has a bunch of discounts they tack onto my premium so it might be worth it to give a local agent a call, especially if she's got a clean driving record.
We both 30 who've been driving since we were able to as teens, might have to give state farm a try

Insurance is a mess right now. Companies that were notoriously profitable are losing their *** due to a bunch of factors but mainly the supply chain issue. I honestly don’t see how we come out of this.

Back
Top Bottom