\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Saw this in Brooklyn earlier. Lol'd at what's written on the spoiler
20220908_162232.jpg

Love this car…. Like that they are bringing back the cheaper fun cars. Yea I know 50k isn’t cheap but it’s all relative. I remember the battles between the Evo , STi, SRT4, Mazda Speed 3, Saturn ION Redline, Chevy Cobalt SS, Acura RSX …. Mid 2000s was good times for a relatively cheap fun car
In retrospect, this era might be remembered as the ‘golden’ one for ICE compact performance cars. The consumer lost a bit in numbers, but having another RWD choice (Toyota/Subaru) and swapping out the SRT for N (maybe a touch less visceral in approach, but a nicer DD by far) having a legit German themed hot hatch from VW (the Golf IV GTI was a dog) adding the Type R/Corolla GR/Golf R on the high end vs just the STI/EVO more than makes up for it IMHO.

The Cobalt SS even the HHR SS were special. Lutz pretty much let the GM performance group loose on pretty much the entire portfolio-they made miracles out of a lot of those compromised projects.

30D2C26D-4F23-44E8-8E76-E23F39CD31DC.jpeg

Last edited:
Evo was another one. Pos interior, mr didn’t even come with a damb radio.

But f it lets run 30 pounds of boost on stock internals with an e85 tune and let everyone get their *** handed to them. :lol:

Early 2000s were great for cars, you had all the newcomers and then the 90s cars too that had been build.

You also had turbo gallardos and ford gt running rampant at the meets with UR racing kits.

New RX looks mean af, only thing I dont like about it is the center screen. Looks dated already. Also, I know 0-60 dont mean anything in these SUV's, cept for the big guns like AMG's and M's, but 5.9 sec for the F Sport 500h? The MDX Type S does it faster. Not the point of these anyways.

zmaqbool zmaqbool I was in NYC for work this week and my admiration and appreciation of how you take care of your cars went through the roof after taking ubers for a week. How you keep your car safe from all of those crazy and reckless drivers is amazing. My NYC NT fam stay safe. I saw a guy in a TRX try to race on rush hour traffic on Madison Ave. Dude was so reckless.

New RX looks mean af, only thing I dont like about it is the center screen. Looks dated already. Also, I know 0-60 dont mean anything in these SUV's, cept for the big guns like AMG's and M's, but 5.9 sec for the F Sport 500h? The MDX Type S does it faster. Not the point of these anyways.
Thats exactly why i had to stop messing with Lexus. 30 days in I was looking at my Nav like -_- engines and infotainment both lag behind hard.

On the NYC talk…yea I take the train/bus/ferry/PATH in. Especially as a visitor, not many good reasons to have a car

Took the Plaid to Hudson Yards and that wasnt too bad. Going into the tunnel was the worst part

zmaqbool zmaqbool ayo was there a previous gen (2006-12 or whatever) Challenger sale or sumn I aint know about? I aint even drive that much today and I seen like 8 of them older joints. I havent seen one in a long minute before otherwise. :lol:

Last edited:
zmaqbool zmaqbool I was in NYC for work this week and my admiration and appreciation of how you take care of your cars went through the roof after taking ubers for a week. How you keep your car safe from all of those crazy and reckless drivers is amazing. My NYC NT fam stay safe. I saw a guy in a TRX try to race on rush hour traffic on Madison Ave. Dude was so reckless.

Born and raised in Manhattan. Just another day driving here lol.

Thats it? Just another day in the city. Thats why you keep spare batteries and rocks in your whip to chuck at people who think they somebody in the streets. Or have the blammy on you and POW.

Thats exactly why i had to stop messing with Lexus. 30 days in I was looking at my Nav like -_- engines and infotainment both lag behind hard.

On the NYC talk…yea I take the train/bus/ferry/PATH in. Especially as a visitor, not many good reasons to have a car

Took the Plaid to Hudson Yards and that wasnt too bad. Going into the tunnel was the worst part

I cant even speak for the lag and all that, im even just talking strictly design wise. This a 2019-2020 Camry, the center screen on the 23 RX looks like a full screen version, different shaped version of the center console of the Camry.
69A850BF-D2E4-4C4C-9CDA-C13DDCCCB247.jpeg

A722EEDB-9EB9-47D7-96A2-786EC8FEC9A6.jpeg

But other than that, I really like the outside of it. Miles better than the outgoing RX which I thought was odd looking at a few angles.

Lowkey, ES is the hardest design they have from their sedans and SUV’s. Love the F Sport version of it. Too bad its only FWD with the bigger engine.

I'm looking to get the new Bronco Raptor for myself for my promotion, but the waitlist is super long so I might just get the regular model which has a shorter waitlist.

Traffic going back up the Bronx is wild tonight. From LIC in Queens to my crib usually MAYBE 25-30 min at night, I left there at 11:30 and its 12:42 and I havent even passed the Gdub yet. At this rate gonna be like 1:15-1:30 til I get home. A full 2 hours from goddamn Queens. :sick:

Edit: I passed the accident tow truck is loading up the beat up Jeep...AND THERES STILL TRAFFIC. :sick:

Edit:

Shorty in the uber lighting one up, driver and her said eff it. :lol:

271DCE7D-A8A5-4406-86BB-D23CE9829562.jpeg

Last edited:
It takes me two hours to get from one side of the metro area to the other in peak rush hour. That’s wild. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom