\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

zmaqbool zmaqbool I was in NYC for work this week and my admiration and appreciation of how you take care of your cars went through the roof after taking ubers for a week. How you keep your car safe from all of those crazy and reckless drivers is amazing. My NYC NT fam stay safe. I saw a guy in a TRX try to race on rush hour traffic on Madison Ave. Dude was so reckless.
Yeah man, it's wild out here but you get used go it because realistically we have no other choice. Plenty of licensed idiots here but as long as you drive cautiously & are always aware of your surroundings you'll be just fine.

I was in Brooklyn the other day & was in the far right lane when the light turned green for us some idiot in a Ford van ran the light & cut right in front of us :smh: . You're from Denver, CO right? My brother went there & told me the world's most patient & polite drivers live there.

He said when you're driving around there you can automatically tell who is & who isn't from there solely based on how they drive. He also said he never heard anyone home their horn out there either.

zmaqbool zmaqbool ayo was there a previous gen (2006-12 or whatever) Challenger sale or sumn I aint know about? I aint even drive that much today and I seen like 8 of them older joints. I havent seen one in a long minute before otherwise. :lol:
Lol maybe people selling the older one to get the newer ones while they still can. I like the older ones long bar taillights that mimic the 1970 Challenger. 2015 they went split bar which mimics the 1971 car.
LET'S GOOOOOO. Glad da blammy is an option. I'm clearly not NY TUFF. THAT'S FOR SURE
Stick around. The Big 🍎 will toughen you up in no time.

So a little something different today. Usually it's a post of my beautifully detailed, waxed & squeaky clean cars but today I have for you guys a dirty *** NYC garbage truck :lol: . My boy who works for DSNY it's his birthday today. We met at my work building years ago & the building falls on his collection route. We instantly clicked & I figured the best gift to get him would be an exact replica of his work truck.

He was so happy & smiling ear to ear. He had no idea I had gotten him something so when I busted out the gift bag & pastry with a candle on it he was mad surprised. It's the perfect gift for him imo. The real truck is enormous so my tiny toy truck is barely noticeable in the pics, lol.
20220910_084115.jpg
20220910_084153.jpg
20220910_084149.jpg

So a little something different today. Usually it's a post of my beautifully detailed, waxed & squeaky clean cars but today I have for you guys a dirty *** NYC garbage truck :lol: . My boy who works for DSNY it's his birthday today. We met at my work building years ago & the building falls on his collection route. We instantly clicked & I figured the best gift to get him would be an exact replica of his work truck.

He was so happy & smiling ear to ear. He had no idea I had gotten him something so when I busted out the gift bag & pastry with a candle on it he was mad surprised. It's the perfect gift for him imo. The real truck is enormous so my tiny toy truck is barely noticeable in the pics, lol.
20220910_084115.jpg
20220910_084153.jpg
20220910_084149.jpg
That's dope man. The little things that count and makes someone's day.

That's dope man. The little things that count and makes someone's day.
Absolutely bro 💯. He said it started his day off right. He always goes above & beyond for me, stuff his work duties don't even require him to do but he still does it for me so I always make sure I take care of him during the holidays & figured I'd do this too. Like you said, it's the little things that count the most.

In retrospect, this era might be remembered as the ‘golden’ one for ICE compact performance cars. The consumer lost a bit in numbers, but having another RWD choice (Toyota/Subaru) and swapping out the SRT for N (maybe a touch less visceral in approach, but a nicer DD by far) having a legit German themed hot hatch from VW (the Golf IV GTI was a dog) adding the Type R/Corolla GR/Golf R on the high end vs just the STI/EVO more than makes up for it IMHO.

The Cobalt SS even the HHR SS were special. Lutz pretty much let the GM performance group loose on pretty much the entire portfolio-they made miracles out of a lot of those compromised projects.

30D2C26D-4F23-44E8-8E76-E23F39CD31DC.jpeg
I see your pic and rise you…..
0C2A4FE2-BCBC-4DD7-822E-BC430968761B.jpeg

Also not pictured is the rwd manual S2000 of this era.

I see your pic and rise you…..
0C2A4FE2-BCBC-4DD7-822E-BC430968761B.jpeg

Also not pictured is the rwd manual S2000 of this era.
Just looking at the landscape. A limited run of RWD convertible is always nice, but the Miata is a more 'complete' machine at this point vs both its predecessor and S2000. Add in two RWD, low cost coupes vs a compromised by nature convertible, however legendary and this era is a tough out. While boring stuff like crash safety and lower emissions might put enthusiasts* to sleep, chassis rigidity (crucial), adjustable dampers, beefier braking systems, infotainment that far exceeds a D class luxury sedan of that era along with interior polymers that don't belong in a 737 commercial aircraft bathroom (Looking at you Cobalt & Ion-Dodge as well) might sway someone to look at this soon to be over era more fondly in retrospect.

And as @Fluidhips mentioned, the newest Civic Type R is the Intergra R-with the above advantages-the only way we could get our hands on one back then was to import one. The GTI is a rebadged Audi, the R ditto but can now power oversteer.

I always champion choice, but in most circumstances getting compact performance cars that can hang metrically with the M3/S4 of the era you posted puts things might put things subjectively in perspective for the consumer of these products (i.e. who will 'look back' on those products as a core memory) who by definition, is usually seeking the maximum enthusiasts* experience. The performance compacts of today while not perfect, are truly amazing from an engineering POV.

Hell, B class programs were starting with GM Performance/N Line/VW Performance Group etc. input into chassis baseline requirements. That level of integration was unheard of 20 years ago when those cars were created. But as you observed, preference.

I just had to keep my head down staring at my feet because what I saw was rattling my nerves. 😆 🤣 😂

Yeah man, it's wild out here but you get used go it because realistically we have no other choice. Plenty of licensed idiots here but as long as you drive cautiously & are always aware of your surroundings you'll be just fine.

I was in Brooklyn the other day & was in the far right lane when the light turned green for us some idiot in a Ford van ran the light & cut right in front of us :smh: . You're from Denver, CO right? My brother went there & told me the world's most patient & polite drivers live there.

He said when you're driving around there you can automatically tell who is & who isn't from there solely based on how they drive. He also said he never heard anyone home their horn out there either.
NYC is a madhouse when it comes to driving. Tons of drivers with no license and/or insurance. Just all around idiots. We have one of the largest, well equipped police force, but they are never around to catch the foolishness. I was in Brooklyn the other day on the prospect expressway and some idiot stopped in the left lane past his exit and then turned around into the oncoming cars to drive on to the exit. Just pure buffoonery.

NYC is a madhouse when it comes to driving. Tons of drivers with no license and/or insurance. Just all around idiots. We have one of the largest, well equipped police force, but they are never around to catch the foolishness. I was in Brooklyn the other day on the prospect expressway and some idiot stopped in the left lane past his exit and then turned around into the oncoming cars to drive on to the exit. Just pure buffoonery.
Probably was my uber driver. 😆 🤣

Was coming back home from the gym & driving in my neighborhood yesterday when a BMW station wagon turning left in front of me flashed me. I thought he was giving me a thumbs up or something because I had my LED bar on :lol: then when the light turned green for me I was behind him & he pulled over & beeped at me so I threw it in reverse to see what's up...turns out it was my co-worker whipping around his nephews recently purchased Beemer, lol.

I liked it a lot. 120k on the clock & clean tan leather interior. I believe he said it's an '02 & possibly an M variant. This a 5 series wagon? I need a station wagon in my life, possibly a Magnum SRT.
20220911_182003.jpg
20220911_182013.jpg

Yeah, the uber drivers are another set of crazy people. When their cars get too banged up, they switch from regular uber to uber eats.

Uber drivers with lowered/slammed Camrys and Accords are the funniest. Like dawg you really tryna drive ALL DAY with passengers on our busted *** roads with a super low whip? Ya’ll crazy fr. :lol:

Uber drivers with lowered/slammed Camrys and Accords are the funniest. Like dawg you really tryna drive ALL DAY with passengers on our busted *** roads with a super low whip? Ya’ll crazy fr. :lol:
Thankfully I've never had one. They would add extra time to your commute avoiding potholes.

Was coming back home from the gym & driving in my neighborhood yesterday when a BMW station wagon turning left in front of me flashed me. I thought he was giving me a thumbs up or something because I had my LED bar on :lol: then when the light turned green for me I was behind him & he pulled over & beeped at me so I threw it in reverse to see what's up...turns out it was my co-worker whipping around his nephews recently purchased Beemer, lol.

I liked it a lot. 120k on the clock & clean tan leather interior. I believe he said it's an '02 & possibly an M variant. This a 5 series wagon? I need a station wagon in my life, possibly a Magnum SRT.
20220911_182003.jpg
20220911_182013.jpg
E39 5 series touring

The first pic makes it look like the rear passenger side is sitting on the ground. :lol:
Lmao I didn't even realize until you pointed it out. It's because of the airbags outline through the glass, lol.
i thought the same thing :lol: i was waiting for the part when homie said his co-worker blew his shocks.

low-key on the hunt for a e46 touring.
Lol, won't be surprised if that were to happen given how my co-worker drives.

Clients shop, Buckhead Imports,
2333A81F-C93A-4416-BA1A-D0C8F52E352F.jpeg
the Alpina is nuts

LOVE the Z8. An E39 M5 powered 507 retro styled 2 seater with a stick! Values were so low several years ago and now they took off.

Just a shame that when Alpina did the Z8 edition, they were all automatic only. 😕 Would have been awesome had they been able to do what they originally wanted to do (stuff their V12 in the car, but it wouldn't fit).

Back
Top Bottom