\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Early leak pics of the new Gen Mustang. Said to have 500HP and an intake with twin-80mm throttle bodies

7DD2EC05-E359-434C-83BB-582AF2348A2F.png

34BF3E0D-7F42-44D6-82E1-E7840662863A.jpeg

8EF40E15-B1D0-4650-91C2-3189A515606C.png

Trading in my s550 for one. Imma go blue this time.

niceshoes247 niceshoes247 Get one. Don't waste your money on a Slopar.

It is a revised version of the outgoing model. There will be no more flat plane V8 sadly. (The engine issues were overblown a bit-the engine does consume a lot of oil and has to be monitored-but for the ICE guys the natural baritone of the exhaust is legendary)

Yeah I can see that. The general shape of the car looks exactly the same. It just looks like they revised the grill and the back but still a good looking car. I was hoping for more of a revised foxbody shaped mustang. Would have been so dope.

The voodoo was by far my favorite engine from ford in the last gen. It's a damn shame they won't bring it back.

Process sketches-these are older, (when the design was ‘baked’) but a peek into how that volume was added to the rear hunches.
D6BAB2EA-939A-481B-B5E3-A1828287CEDE.jpeg

87404AC4-0B23-4D23-A5D7-9EF7E78F875F.jpeg

BED7E6AC-6C4D-4AF5-B1D9-39FE390CF3B1.jpeg
8A259769-856F-4C88-8281-942EEFE793DA.jpeg
8A56C452-D37B-499A-9771-7ED7FB58807E.jpeg
F8E907F2-D69B-4698-9CD7-177BD84A36BC.jpeg
DBABC14A-5D55-4192-9F17-C26957293122.jpeg

Last edited:
Process sketches-these are older, (when the design was ‘baked’) but a peak into how that volume was added to the rear hunches.

61513A08-AC3E-4D8F-9143-2713A1A8BF8D.gif

is that a 4-door at the bottom? 4 door mustang coming?
No. But designers will sketch a bunch of themes/proposals during this process. Frankly it’s a minor miracle when things turn out well visually during some programs (the S550 was a pleasant surprise in that regard).

Fun fact: the S550 in early 1/5 clays had both Lincoln and four door variants, but obviously weren’t approved.

Last edited:
No. But designers will sketch a bunch of themes/proposals during this process. Frankly it’s a minor miracle when things turn out well visually during some programs (the S550 was a pleasant surprise in that regard).

Fun fact: the S550 in early 1/5 clays had both Lincoln and four door variants, but obviously weren’t approved.

damn. They would have had cash in abundance. They would steal a ton of the charger gang if they came out with a 4 door.

damn. They would have had cash in abundance. They would steal a ton of the charger gang if they came out with a 4 door.
It was a tough call. Remember Ford was in the ropes and needed low cost/high volume so Lincoln got rebadged C chassis FWD cars and Ford switched product focus to SUVs/CUVs. The F150, Edge and Escape (and Focus in the EU) printed money during that period-while GMs excellent (and of note-expensive-it’s SUV spin off was cancelled due to non profits-GM went with its FWD platform as well for Cadillac SUVs not named Escalade) Alpha RWD platforms languished in showrooms. While anyone can understand the enthusiasts sentiment, this is the car ‘business’. 💯

Last edited:
placed a deposit on a topas blau e46 (pending PPI)
Hell yea! the parts you should pay close attention to is all of the cooling system as it should be fully replaced each 100k miles. After that its smaller things like oil leaking from valve cover, window regulators, control arms & bushings and leaking power steering fluid

Hell yea! the parts you should pay close attention to is all of the cooling system as it should be fully replaced each 100k miles. After that its smaller things like oil leaking from valve cover, window regulators, control arms & bushings and leaking power steering fluid

for sure. the sub frame is what i'm most worried about at this point. all the other stuff will be weekend DIY jobs. my plan is to do all the maintenance, tint, paint correction/coating, refresh the suspension, wheels/tires and just enjoy it. i actually havent seen a topas blau in my area. all the e46s around are black, silver, or white. i've seen maybe 2 red.

Yesterday, Ford finally opened the order banks for the 2023 Maverick. Went over to my old job and had them place my order as soon as they opened the banks up (4:30 est). XLT Hybrid in Atlas Blue w/Navy Pier cloth, with Luxury Package, remote start, floor liners and splash guards. Little over $27,500. I'm thrilled.

Despite what some on here think of these, I like them, and seeing how many were ordered last year and how many were ordered yesterday (Ford's WBDO ordering system basically crashes) I'm not alone in liking them. It's a small car-based truck that gets 600-700 miles on a tank and anywhere from 40-50 mpg, depending on how you drive it. Works for me.

Once you own a hybrid that gets killer mileage, and you don't have to shell out for gas often, it's rather nice to have the same idea transferred to a truck. Functionality is perfect.
PXL_20220915_204227640~3.jpg

Gonna be a bit of a wait but that's okay. Will be worth it. 👍

for sure. the sub frame is what i'm most worried about at this point. all the other stuff will be weekend DIY jobs. my plan is to do all the maintenance, tint, paint correction/coating, refresh the suspension, wheels/tires and just enjoy it. i actually havent seen a topas blau in my area. all the e46s around are black, silver, or white. i've seen maybe 2 red.
What year is yours? usually its just the m3s and non-m ones from '99-'01 which will require a subframe reinforcement cuz the post-facelift ones were reinforced. Mine is from '00 and did not need to reinforce it until 210k miles

Back
Top Bottom