\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

05fordgt 05fordgt are all car dealerships trash places to work now?

My wife has interviews with Audi, Mercedes and a Ferrari dealer. She’s not hard up for money but looking for a job so it’s not like she has to take it. Just wants to see what they have to say.

She actually liked selling Ducati’s but the pay sucked.

Mercedes is being extra thirsty though so that’s kind of rubbing her the wrong way already.

Fwd truck :sick:

Well, find me a new Ford hybrid sedan I can order and I'll cancel this? Don't bother, as they don't make one anymore. This is a car, that happens to have a bed on it, plain and simple.

Sorry, I don't need to waste $$$ on a $60k truck that I have ZERO need for & gets crappy mpg. This thing is basically a taller Fusion in terms of how it drives.

Well, find me a new Ford hybrid sedan I can order and I'll cancel this? Don't bother, as they don't make one anymore. This is a car, that happens to have a bed on it, plain and simple.

Sorry, I don't need to waste $$$ on a $60k truck that I have ZERO need for & gets crappy mpg. This thing is basically a taller Fusion in terms of how it drives.

Get a non Ford hybrid sedan? Unless you specifically wanna stay with Ford.

05fordgt 05fordgt are all car dealerships trash places to work now?

My wife has interviews with Audi, Mercedes and a Ferrari dealer. She’s not hard up for money but looking for a job so it’s not like she has to take it. Just wants to see what they have to say.

She actually liked selling Ducati’s but the pay sucked.

Mercedes is being extra thirsty though so that’s kind of rubbing her the wrong way already.

It all depends on the dealership group. Some places are still strictly 100% commission. Which back in the day, depending on the brand, wasn't that good. Especially when your selling new cars (in my case Fords) at invoice or below to get the volume. All your left with are mini deals at $100 a shot (before tax 😳). Gotta sell a whole lot to make any decent money. Or get a good used car.

Some places now are salary. I pretty much know that most higher end brands are salary as they don't sell a whole lot of cars a month like a normal brand. But the atmosphere is also a key thing to see how she'll like it. If it's all "get as much as possible all the time" on each customer, instead of selling for less to build a relationship that the customer wants to return for another vehicle, run away.

Yeah that’s what I kind of figure especially with a brand like Ferrari. There won’t be any volume and dealing with Italian companies comes with its own set of problems but if they pay a salary and the vibe is good that’s fine.

Get a non Ford hybrid sedan? Unless you specifically wanna stay with Ford.

Yeah I do. Why would I go try and buy a sedan from a different brand and pay over list for something when I can get a hard to come by Maverick for X-Plan, which is basically invoice AND get my doc fee (which is $422 in Pennsylvania) capped at $100 per the rules of X-Plan. And not have to worry about any BS with the deal.

Plus my old boss helping me extend my lease for a year to get this opportunity to buy what I want to keep for a long time? Just saying. People are paying thousands over list for Kias and Hyundais. No thanks. I'll take my deal on a cool vehicle that I can actually use. 👍

107CE881-1EAD-48EA-9F22-7A9D6D9F6FFF.jpeg

What year is yours? usually its just the m3s and non-m ones from '99-'01 which will require a subframe reinforcement cuz the post-facelift ones were reinforced. Mine is from '00 and did not need to reinforce it until 210k miles

I didn’t know that. It’s a 2003.

Fwd truck :sick:
Speaking of fwd…

This dude who like watches over the church that my team practices at texts my coach at like 10:30 at night saying that he saw me and a few other players doing donuts in the parking lot. I’m like :sick: well no. Didn’t leave any skid marks whatsoever, parking lot was bone dry, and my Jeep renegade sport is a fwd car, which means I would have to do backwards donuts.

Coach watches the security camera video, and it shows that I just circled the parking lot once to wave by to my friends one last time, and then left. Man made a huge deal outta nothing and got my parents pissed asf at me for no reason.

I never even knew such a thing existed but apparently the Honda Ridgeline is fwd too. I wonder how it feels to drive one.

It drives like a car, which is what it's based on. Don't know what the whole big deal is about mocking those who own or want one? Oh, that's right, it's not a "manly" truck. 😒

It drives like a car, which is what it's based on. Don't know what the whole big deal is about mocking those who own or want one? Oh, that's right, it's not a "manly" truck. 😒
I don’t give a **** about manly cars, I had an 07 Mini Cooper S, 2014 FRS, & currently a 16 Miata, I'm not mocking your truck, I just never knew a truck came in fwd before.

I don’t give a **** about manly cars, I had an 07 Mini Cooper S, 2014 FRS, & currently a 16 Miata, I'm not mocking your truck, I just never knew a truck came in fwd before.
Relax, I wasn't directing my question towards you, just answering your question and then adding my opinion to others who have an issue with them, instead of posting twice. 👍 I guess I should have added the words "others on here" ahead of the work mocking. My apologies.

You ain't buying it so what do you care? I'm happy! I never criticize anyone for what they drive. If that's what makes them happy, so be it. 👍
i don't care but its a discussion forum papi.

to me a truck is a body on frame vehicle which that is not

its actually a great vehicle tho for people who don't need anything heavy duty. i mentioned earlier in this thread my buddy downsized from a silverado to a maverick and gets 25mpg and can still fit two dirt bikes and all his camping equippment. i would consider it but there are times where i need to buy 40 sheets of plywood and the maverick won't cut it for me.

i don't care but its a discussion forum papi.

to me a truck is a body on frame vehicle which that is not

its actually a great vehicle tho for people who don't need anything heavy duty. i mentioned earlier in this thread my buddy downsized from a silverado to a maverick and gets 25mpg and can still fit two dirt bikes and all his camping equippment. i would consider it but there are times where i need to buy 40 sheets of plywood and the maverick won't cut it for me.

Glad you don't care. You want a cookie 🙂? I seriously dislike some of the cars I see posted in here, but I keep my opinions to myself as it's the way I was taught. Goes back to seeing a replica Cobra when I was young, maybe late 80s. Dad said they're built by the owners and to not say anything negative of it not being real while we're out as it's disrespectful. As for the Maverick, I like it, it's useful, fits my needs, drives like my Fusion, gets KILLER mileage, and it's cheap! But by all means, keep blasting me for buying it, IDGAF! 👍

And that reason you stated (plywood) isn't something a Maverick is suited for nor developed and marketed for. That market is for it's full-size siblings. These are suited for deliveries for auto parts stores (Napa bought a crap ton of them), for small businesses and for those who would like a small open storage area like a truck, but can't deal with a full size truck, for any multiple reasons (mpg, size, lack of parking space) so they can still go camping, take their kayaks/canoes/bikes out and about.

It's a market the auto manufacturers didn't know existed until it was presented and it took off. I'm pretty sure the Hyundai version isn't selling nearly as well (the lack of a hybrid version definitely affects it) but there will be more competitors for it. Chevy wants a piece of this market share as I'm sure Ram wants as well.

And I totally get your feeling of a unibody called a truck, but by the letter of most states for registration status, if it has a pickup bed, it's a truck. In Pa, when the old Explorer Sport Trac came out, we first tagged it as a car, because it was an Explorer. Then the state said "no, wait a minute, it's got a bed, so it's gotta be tagged a truck" which costed 3x the price of a car for registration. The Utes from Australia are unibody vehicles but people would have lost their S*** if we had gotten them here back when Pontiac brought the GTO & G8 here as everyone wanted one (and still do). So the thought of a unibody truck isn't new.

Glad you don't care. You want a cookie 🙂? I seriously dislike some of the cars I see posted in here, but I keep my opinions to myself as it's the way I was taught. Goes back to seeing a replica Cobra when I was young, maybe late 80s. Dad said they're built by the owners and to not say anything negative of it not being real while we're out as it's disrespectful. As for the Maverick, I like it, it's useful, fits my needs, drives like my Fusion, gets KILLER mileage, and it's cheap! But by all means, keep blasting me for buying it, IDGAF! 👍

And that reason you stated (plywood) isn't something a Maverick is suited for nor developed and marketed for. That market is for it's full-size siblings. These are suited for deliveries for auto parts stores (Napa bought a crap ton of them), for small businesses and for those who would like a small open storage area like a truck, but can't deal with a full size truck, for any multiple reasons (mpg, size, lack of parking space) so they can still go camping, take their kayaks/canoes/bikes out and about.

It's a market the auto manufacturers didn't know existed until it was presented and it took off. I'm pretty sure the Hyundai version isn't selling nearly as well (the lack of a hybrid version definitely affects it) but there will be more competitors for it. Chevy wants a piece of this market share as I'm sure Ram wants as well.

And I totally get your feeling of a unibody called a truck, but by the letter of most states for registration status, if it has a pickup bed, it's a truck. In Pa, when the old Explorer Sport Trac came out, we first tagged it as a car, because it was an Explorer. Then the state said "no, wait a minute, it's got a bed, so it's gotta be tagged a truck" which costed 3x the price of a car for registration. The Utes from Australia are unibody vehicles but people would have lost their S*** if we had gotten them here back when Pontiac brought the GTO & G8 here as everyone wanted one (and still do). So the thought of a unibody truck isn't new.
I like you <3 congrats on da new car

Back
Top Bottom