\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

“I got the dude down to 30k but see no reason for me to buy that car :lol:
“its a free world baby, don't hate me hate the game”

5DB4F6C3-9A46-4BA3-B58D-21EDF596EF38.gif

Well the best advice I can give you right now is call around and get the seller to the lowest number he/she will take……. But only do this with vehicles you have no reason to buy.
:rofl: lmao i love yall man

to be fair i offered 28/29 and he thought i would bite at 30 :kanyeshrug

is dis da truth?

if EVs help the planet im all for them tbh, not personally tho.

but i would love to see how greener manufacturing would help the earth.

for example i was in a third world country this winter (afghanistan) and they have no power grid, i visited a milk factory and dudes basically run it off diesel generators most of the time which is horrible for the environment
same with the us army bases, they was running offf dirty diesel generators for 20 years in that country, those things imo when changed should help the ozone as well cleaner vehicles

I was talking manufacturing too which is what alot of people forget about.
Those calculations include all manufacturing processes, (Direct comparison of a leading 'green' ICE vehicle vs. 'green 'EV) per my second paragraph.

Last edited:

Sheesh, I know they probably won't go down to dec.2019 levels but even if it goes down another 20%. :nerd:

The civic I bought my son was 28k new and that same civic with 5k mi was on the lot listed for 31k. It just doesn’t make sense to by used right now. Most places you can find a dealership that will sell at msrp.

I’d love to have a GS-F but man I just can’t bring myself to pay used market price.

And the Maxima restoration continues 😁. My brother swapped the front 2 doors for me today. My baby is looking healthier & healthier with some much needed TLC. So glad to see those Godawful doors I had from a '98 Infiniti are finally off.

We have the rear right door to go & than done. Going to try & wash + clay it next 50 degree day we get here. Got to get the donor car out so I can get back my garage spot. Also going to order the tool that can help me remove that dent on the rear qrtr panel.
20230121_140645.jpg
20230121_141236.jpg
20230121_142103.jpg
20230121_145509.jpg
20230121_153614.jpg
20230121_153643.jpg

You guys have any advice for buying a used car? I’m not lookin to buy now but I wanna have an idea of what I should shoot for. Like what’s the best place to buy and what’s a good first car. I ain’t rich either so if anyone says a 2016 Camaro I’m blocking you :lol:
When I was searching at the end of last year I used https://www.autotempest.com/ and put in what car I wanted. It gathered cars from a few different websites and made it easier to cross shop. Watched what was selling and what was sitting for a couple of months and when I bought my car I was able to find one locally and make an offer I thought was fair for the car. I had screenshots of the same car I got with similar miles and what prices they were selling for to show why my offer was a good deal. For a first car I would look into a Honda or Toyota, they will be reliable and turn on every time. They won't be exciting but will save you money in the long run.

And the Maxima restoration continues 😁. My brother swapped the front 2 doors for me today. My baby is looking healthier & healthier with some much needed TLC. So glad to see those Godawful doors I had from a '98 Infiniti are finally off.

We have the rear right door to go & than done. Going to try & wash + clay it next 50 degree day we get here. Got to get the donor car out so I can get back my garage spot. Also going to order the tool that can help me remove that dent on the rear qrtr panel.

A modern day example of Theseus’ Ship.

Always dope to see people take care of their older cars. :smokin

Cool that they're paying homage

Remember watching this & other videos on the Black Ghost about a year & half back. Interesting to me the son said he'll never be selling pops Challenger in the original video. Fast forward 2 years & the car is set to go up for auction through Mecum in Indiana this May. Son didn't hold up his promise he made to his dieing father.

Dropped off the Scatty Pack at the dealership for a new battery. Original one needs a jump to start & doesn't hold charge. Most people need new batteries due to overuse, I, on the other hand need a new one due to under use, lol. Got 7 years out of it, not bad. Installed it's $450 😔.

They said they need to do a 4 hour power test on the old one. I explained what it is & that it no longer holds charge but the power test is "part of the process" for them the sales rep told me. Hopefully it gets done before the end of the day today because tomorrow it's raining mixed with sleet & I have drag radials in the back, lol.

Remember watching this & other videos on the Black Ghost about a year & half back. Interesting to me the son said he'll never be selling pops Challenger in the original video. Fast forward 2 years & the car is set to go up for auction through Mecum in Indiana this May. Son didn't hold up his promise he made to his dieing father.

3pnld8.jpg

Dropped off the Scatty Pack at the dealership for a new battery. Original one needs a jump to start & doesn't hold charge. Most people need new batteries due to overuse, I, on the other hand need a new one due to under use, lol. Got 7 years out of it, not bad. Installed it's $450 😔.

They said they need to do a 4 hour power test on the old one. I explained what it is & that it no longer holds charge but the power test is "part of the process" for them the sales rep told me. Hopefully it gets done before the end of the day today because tomorrow it's raining mixed with sleet & I have drag radials in the back, lol.
Zo, dude.

Could have gotten a Optima Yellow top for 350 from Autozone and saved yourself 100 bucks.

Bought one of these years ago and never looked back.

Battery conditioning and trickle charging are A1.

You got 7 years out of your battery? Is that the OG battery? If so, your very lucky to get that many years. Today, one is lucky to get about 3 year, out of a new battery for a car that isn't driven daily. Maybe 4 but that's max. Batteries made today don't last like the older ones did, for obvious reasons. Seen it happen at work many times. People would be coming in for their oil change/works package and when the battery is tested, it fails. Just how they are made today.

I heard the og ones usually last the longest.

I’m still on my og battery in a 2017 gti in mn. Fires up fine even in 10 below.

You got 7 years out of your battery? Is that the OG battery? If so, your very lucky to get that many years. Today, one is lucky to get about 3 year, out of a new battery for a car that isn't driven daily. Maybe 4 but that's max. Batteries made today don't last like the older ones did, for obvious reasons. Seen it happen at work many times. People would be coming in for their oil change/works package and when the battery is tested, it fails. Just how they are made today.
That's the OG battery, yes & part of the reason I wanted to replace it with another OEM factory battery instead of going the Autozone route. Service rep said word-for-word the same stuff you said.

Why don't modern car batteries last as long as the older ones did? What changed? Cost cutting I'd assume. With keeping it OEM the + is I know I'm getting a battery that'll carry my non-daily driven car another 7 years or so the minus is you only get 1 year warranty as opposed to 3 years warranty with autozone. To me, personally, the tradeoff is worth it to go OEM.

Back
Top Bottom