\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Get a maverick with the Tremor package my dude………

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but unless he ordered one already (and the order banks were open for exactly 7 whole days till they shut it down, back on Sept 15th), I hate to say those two words, but here they are...good luck! Even if one found a Maverick Tremor on a lot, going rate over list is crazy stupid right now. Some dealers, $10K still. And some dealers, upon ordering a car for a client, at MSRP mind you, and saying IN WRITING, that there would be no price hike over sticker, the trucks come on and BAM....$5K over. 😒

Mavericks are this year's Tickle Me Elmo! I'm waiting patiently, and I honestly don't believe I won't see my truck till summer at the earliest (if I'm lucky). 😕

Thoughts on the Roma?

Was looking to pick up another 911 but ferrari sales manager (happens to be a friend) is really pushing me to get a roma instead. Says it drives like an 812 (not that i've even driven one). Wants to drop one off for me to test out.

I would be buying at MSRP and by the looks of it, most of the ones on the market are over MSRP.

I've had several friends drive them and they DO NOT like them! Way too much tech one friend said. Another said it's the new version of the California. If they are giving you one for the day to drive, heck yeah, take them up on it. But for the price, there are other choices.

Thoughts on the Roma?

Was looking to pick up another 911 but ferrari sales manager (happens to be a friend) is really pushing me to get a roma instead. Says it drives like an 812 (not that i've even driven one). Wants to drop one off for me to test out.

I would be buying at MSRP and by the looks of it, most of the ones on the market are over MSRP.
I would do it just based on the price point, if u are getting it at MSRP u can drive it for a year and sell and not lose a dime.

I have not driven a 812 or roma but I’d imagine it’s similar to an F12 which I have driven more than a few times and it’s a great GT car and makes amazing noises but for me it heavier than I’d car to have an a fun car and you don’t have the rawness of the V12.

I feel like you’re in a win/win position so I’d go for it if I were you. Have you looked into a GT4 RS? Me personally a car with the weight of a cayman stroked to 4.5L and making over 550hp and the gears cut in 2-5 would be the ultimate beast imo

I've had several friends drive them and they DO NOT like them! Way too much tech one friend said. Another said it's the new version of the California. If they are giving you one for the day to drive, heck yeah, take them up on it. But for the price, there are other choices.

I agree with the tech part, but wouldn't the new version of the california be the Portofino?

I would do it just based on the price point, if u are getting it at MSRP u can drive it for a year and sell and not lose a dime.

I have not driven a 812 or roma but I’d imagine it’s similar to an F12 which I have driven more than a few times and it’s a great GT car and makes amazing noises but for me it heavier than I’d car to have an a fun car and you don’t have the rawness of the V12.

I feel like you’re in a win/win position so I’d go for it if I were you. Have you looked into a GT4 RS? Me personally a car with the weight of a cayman stroked to 4.5L and making over 550hp and the gears cut in 2-5 would be the ultimate beast imo

I thought about the Cayman GT4, but not for very long. I have seen the De Mann car there's actually currently one for sale now at a relatively attractive price all things considered.

However, i've never really cared for a full blown track beast. I opted for the Targa over the GT3 at a similar price point just because the Targa suits me a bit better.

I do prefer straight line speed like air strips and such, and would love a TT Huracan or something of that nature, but too many friends with bad experiences. In that regard I would probably do a 992 TT S, but to start this experiment, my goal was to get a 992 base carrera and do upgraded turbos and build a reliable touring car with 700+ hp for cheap. Now i'm dragging my feet.

The Roma is unchartered territory for me, but lookswise I find it absolutely striking.

Bought one of these years ago and never looked back.

Battery conditioning and trickle charging are A1.

Nice! My good friend uses a trickle charger on his Challenger & always says good things about it. May have to get it to keep handy.

AND COULD’VE PUT IT IN HIMSELF :lol:
Meh, too lazy & it's wrapped with too many straps & cables. I ain't trying to deal with all that installing it myself, lol.
If you wanted OEM dealerships also will sell you the OEM battery and you can install yourself for way cheaper. My moms wanted the OEM battery for her Toyota. Got quoted $400 for install. I went with her to the parts counter to get the battery, for under $200 and 5 minutes of my time in the parking lot and she was gtg.
Not a bad idea but I'm too lazy to install it myself, lol. You're a good son, respect.
There’s literally no added value with the OEM battery. Some people think there is and there’s no way you’ll change their mind. There’s aftermarket products for less that will outperform the OEM. I know some people who feel the same about brakes. It’s just lack of knowledge/understanding.
I get where you're coming from but my thought process was I know firsthand how crappy most new batteries are. My family & I all have Duralast or some AutoZone branded battery in our cars(minus the CR-V which is still on it's original factory battery) which we replace every 2-3 years. The original OEM Mopar battery got me 7 years(granted it's on a non-daily car) so I figured I'd just get another Mopar one due to longevity. It's under warranty for 3 years so in that time I'll have it replaced for free in the future.

Been driving an auto GR86 for the past few days and what a hoot… such an enjoyable drive. Glad to see this still in the market when everyone wants a crossover
85B059FB-3144-40CB-9711-35BD02C53515.jpeg

Meh, too lazy & it's wrapped with too many straps & cables. I ain't trying to deal with all that installing it myself, lol.

Not a bad idea but I'm too lazy to install it myself, lol. You're a good son, respect.

I get where you're coming from but my thought process was I know firsthand how crappy most new batteries are. My family & I all have Duralast or some AutoZone branded battery in our cars(minus the CR-V which is still on it's original factory battery) which we replace every 2-3 years. The original OEM Mopar battery got me 7 years(granted it's on a non-daily car) so I figured I'd just get another Mopar one due to longevity. It's under warranty for 3 years so in that time I'll have it replaced for free in the future.
AGM batteries have been solid for me

Nice! My good friend uses a trickle charger on his Challenger & always says good things about it. May have to get it to keep handy.

Grab a CTek charger. They are outstanding and usually are what all the high-end OEMs use for their cars (just branded with each car manufacturer logo).

Only issue with the 4RS Cayman is how much over, dealers are asking! Last I checked, it was a around $100,000 over the $200k MSRP (if your lucky maybe $75K. But that's also if you can even get one. Most went to their VIP clients, but I digress). I'm sorry, but a Cayman for $300k? NO FREAKING WAY!! I know it's an amazing car, but it's a similar 4.0L flat 6 (not a 4.5L) that is in the GT3 but has a smidge less HP (493 because Porsche would NEVER allow a Cayman to have more HP than a 911 GT3). And it's PDK only (no manual option). There are A LOT of choices of cars out there for what dealers are asking for Cayman 4RS cars. And to most people (i.e non car people) they won't know it's a "Special" Cayman.

Only issue with the 4RS Cayman is how much over, dealers are asking! Last I checked, it was an around $100,000 over the $200k MSRP (if your lucky maybe $75K. But that's also if you can even get one. Most went to their VIP clients, but I digress). I'm sorry, but a Cayman for $300k? NO FREAKING WAY!! I know it's an amazing car, but it's a similar 4.0L flat 6 (not a 4.5L) that is in the GT3 but has a smidge less HP (493 because Porsche would NEVER allow a Cayman to have more HP than a 911 GT3). And it's PDK only (no manual option). There are A LOT of choices of cars out there for what dealers are asking for Cayman 4RS cars. And to most people (i.e non car people) they won't know it's a "Special" Cayman.
Well first off I I didn’t articulate my post very well. The 4.5L over 550hp motor I mentioned is a deman spec motor along with the shorten gears. I suggested this because it could be had for the same money as getting into a Roma at msrp

Secondly you mentioned what dealership are asking over msrp but didn’t take into account that he has bought multiple Porsche’s in the past so he likey would be buying at msrp were as you or I would be looking at a markup. He already mentioned he is being offered a Roma at msrp and those have a nationwide markup as well.

Well first off I I didn’t articulate my post very well. The 4.5L over 550hp motor I mentioned is a deman spec motor along with the shorten gears. I suggested this because it could be had for the same money as getting into a Roma at msrp

Secondly you mentioned what dealership are asking over msrp but didn’t take into account that he has bought multiple Porsche’s in the past so he likey would be buying at msrp were as you or I would be looking at a markup. He already mentioned he is being offered a Roma at msrp and those have a nationwide markup as well.

I figured you were talking about a Deman build. But I don't think many (if any) owners would do that to this car. It's going to be rare as it is.

And I'm aware he bought several Porsches. But from what I've learned from the Porsche people in my circle (they are VERY connected to the dealer in my area POTML), and a good friend who has a buddy who works at a Porsche dealer in north Jersey, there is a secondary VIP list. That list is for GT cars. The original idea was that they were only going to give the 4RS allocations to 918 owners, but I believe enough people complained about it and that's why it got dropped. But let's be honest. If I bought a few 911s at MSRP over the years, I'm sure I don't believe I'd be given the opportunity to get a 4RS. The opportunity would most likely go to all their GT clients who most likely had bought plenty of GT cars in the past. Hopefully he can chime in and explain the lists. 👍

Dealer Markup on any brand new cars should be a crime. Sucks because there's nothing you can really do about it with the free market economy. Really puts a sour taste in the passion and experience of chasing a dream car.

One of the local dealerships got a Sports Classic. Look at their markup :emoji_laughing:

327158707_1743234982739009_6678054849927707977_n.jpg

326918831_571058277947077_3535268153585817989_n.jpg

On another note, one of the local chapter guys in my Porsche region just picked up his GT4RS and he said its worth every damn penny (MRSP retail wise) for it.

Yachting Blue
GT4RS.jpg

Attachments

• 327158707_1743234982739009_6678054849927707977_n.jpg
    405.4 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Dealer Markup on any brand new cars should be a crime. Sucks because there's nothing you can really do about it with the free market economy. Really puts a sour taste in the passion and experience of chasing a dream car.

One of the local dealerships got a Sports Classic. Look at their markup :emoji_laughing:

On another note, one of the local chapter guys in my Porsche region just picked up his GT4RS and he said its worth every damn penny (MRSP retail wise) for it.

Yachting Blue
GT4RS.jpg
sheesh that gt4 is bootyfull

Yachting Blue
GT4RS.jpg
This is what our forefathers died for and I’m so proud and thankful for the FREEDOM that I have in this country to pay above market. This is the cost of freedom G Dubb was talking about and is part of DLK’s Dream

Back
Top Bottom