\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Owned a Tahoe LT2(45k) new in 07 and a Denali (75k) in 15 and I did not have a good experience with either of them and were both replaced with European SUVs. Besides my Raptor ( which I didn’t give it enough time for something to go wrong) I’ve always had trouble with American Vehicles.

I chose both GM SUVs because of price point but no way I would get a 90k or more Tahoe when a GLS or X7 could be had at a similar price . I will say though if you are going to buy a Tahoe then it’s worth it to pay the extra money for the 6.2 because that 5.3 is booty cheeks.
Might be why the Tahoe I posted requires premium gas, which was another shocker considering it’s a Tahoe lol and not a Cadillac Escalade lol.

F7B9D871-972B-432D-B3C1-C2469ACB9240.jpeg

I’m not trying to be a jerk but with used car prices where they are I’m not shocked when seeing people pay 6 figures for cars that aren’t ultra premium or sports cars. When I got my M8 I was super nervous paying that kind of money for a car but every time I park it and look back I’m happy. Crazy how some of those dually trucks cost almost as much as an M8 which is crazy to me but speaks to the times.

Might be why the Tahoe I posted requires premium gas, which was another shocker considering it’s a Tahoe lol and not a Cadillac Escalade lol.

F7B9D871-972B-432D-B3C1-C2469ACB9240.jpeg
That’s because this Tahoe has the same motor as an Escalade or Yukon Denali . Premium is required for the 6.2, it’s not required for the 5.3

Companies are overpaying for work trucks too because they need them and they have no choice.

Forgot about finding anything for a good price that’s a diesel used or new it doesn’t matter.

Companies are overpaying for work trucks too because they need them and they have no choice.

Forgot about finding anything for a good price that’s a diesel used or new it doesn’t matter.
I was watching TFL and they were talking about a work truck they bought and how it was affordable at 40K. That’s insanity.

I was watching TFL and they were talking about a work truck they bought and how it was affordable at 40K. That’s insanity.

That was like some 6 cyl dodge too wasn’t it?

You’re gonna like this one… trucks are so expensive my job bought 4 clapped ones from an old MINE to restore. They look mint now.

That was like some 6 cyl dodge too wasn’t it?

You’re gonna like this one… trucks are so expensive my job bought 4 clapped ones from an old MINE to restore. They look mint now.
It was the dodge with da Pentastar and had manual rolling windows. Made me sick watching that if I’m honest.

Glad your job recognized that only da best comes from da Mines. Hopefully they didn’t clean up da soot from the cloth interior

Nothing should come with manual windows in 2023.

They sure af didn’t clean up the emissions. Those joints smoke like a ***** on a cold start. :lol:

Owned a Tahoe LT2(45k) new in 07 and a Denali (75k) in 15 and I did not have a good experience with either of them and were both replaced with European SUVs. Besides my Raptor ( which I didn’t give it enough time for something to go wrong) I’ve always had trouble with American Vehicles.

I chose both GM SUVs because of price point but no way I would get a 90k or more Tahoe when a GLS or X7 could be had at a similar price . I will say though if you are going to buy a Tahoe then it’s worth it to pay the extra money for the 6.2 because that 5.3 is booty cheeks.

IM ON MY 3RD TAHOE NOW. ALL WITH THE 5.3. ZERO COMPLAINTS.

MY FIRST WAS A 04 WITH OVER 100K MILES, NO ISSUES. MY 2ND WAS A 2012 WITH LIKE 80K MILES, NO ISSUES, AND MY CURRENT IS A 2023 WITH 39xx MILES… ISSUE FREE.

Damn they don’t even give you a company truck down south? :lol:

Construction down south really isn’t it.

growing up in the 80’s/90’s…american cars had issues after 100k miles…ford interiors were really bad too

once i got introduced to japanese cars i never looked back. my FJ Cruiser has 250k miles. ive only changed the oil and the plugs and had 0 issues, alot of these miles are offroad too…

looking for a 03-09 Lexus GX470 or a new Tacoma these days

IM ON MY 3RD TAHOE NOW. ALL WITH THE 5.3. ZERO COMPLAINTS.

MY FIRST WAS A 04 WITH OVER 100K MILES, NO ISSUES. MY 2ND WAS A 2012 WITH LIKE 80K MILES, NO ISSUES, AND MY CURRENT IS A 2023 WITH 39xx MILES… ISSUE FREE.
Were u able to drive a 6.2 Tahoe before u bought your current?

PRICES WERE PROJECTED TO GO DOWN TOWARDS THE END OF 2022 AND THEY ARE JUST GOING UP N UP.

NOTHING IS GETTING CHEAPER.

PEOPLE HAVE ADJUSTED TO HIGHER COSTS/MAKING A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF MONEY… SO IF EVERYTHING GOES DOWN AND FOLKS START MAKING LESS MONEY… CATASTROPHE :lol:
It's not sustainable. Market correction is imminent.

Damn they don’t even give you a company truck down south? :lol:

Construction down south really isn’t it.
Sometimes they do, sometimes they don’t. Don’t mean to pick on project managers specifically. Could sub out several other good “blue collar” jobs. It’s just the culture. Usually comes with a window sticker that says something like “Dirty Hands, Clean Money” and it’s the guy replacing your sprinkler heads or pool screen. These people love the expensive trucks and Chevy/GM SUV’s.

So been driving the new RZ 450e for a couple of weeks so far…put about 550 miles most of it yesterday on my first EV Mountain run. Been interesting to live with it so far…. I drive maybe 5-20 miles tops a day (some days i just work from home) so no issues with range or charging.

IMG_3984.jpeg

growing up in the 80’s/90’s…american cars had issues after 100k miles…ford interiors were really bad too

once i got introduced to japanese cars i never looked back. my FJ Cruiser has 250k miles. ive only changed the oil and the plugs and had 0 issues, alot of these miles are offroad too…

looking for a 03-09 Lexus GX470 or a new Tacoma these days

Parents Nissan Sentra didn’t blink. No issues. Taurus SHO or Pontiacs were ridiculous.

I’LL TAKE AMERICAN OVER FOREIGN ANYDAY. IM A DIY’ER TO A CERTAIN EXTENT AND A FOREIGN DOESN'T FIT THAT MINDSET(DEPENDING ON VEHICLE)

The interesting thing is the GLS is actually made in Alabama by Americans mostly for Americans.

The Tahoe at 91k is not a steal at all. But they have elevated the vehicle significantly over the years.

Back
Top Bottom