\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Sometimes they do, sometimes they don’t. Don’t mean to pick on project managers specifically. Could sub out several other good “blue collar” jobs. It’s just the culture. Usually comes with a window sticker that says something like “Dirty Hands, Clean Money” and it’s the guy replacing your sprinkler heads or pool screen. These people love the expensive trucks and Chevy/GM SUV’s.

Those dirty hand clean money stickers are super played. :lol:

I get what you’re saying though and the stereotype is true for the most part. I’m in dirt work and paving and drive a gti.

My guy who owns an irrigation company has a brand new f-350 with that sticker. :lol: he’s making a lot more than 100k though. Dude is about to retire at 54.

As far as American vs foreign I don’t care. Got a gti and gladiator now but the gladiator replaced an sq5. I’d buy American again for sure. I just don’t like gm personally.

Gti is still the ultimate daily to me.

Wife is also in dirt work, it’s just jobs to us not an identity. Just good money with killer benefits and unlike most jobs you aren’t easily replaced or treated awful.

Last edited:

Saw this, that trooper is so lucky he didn't die that day. What's even crazier is what superantigen superantigen pointed out in TAN- a lot of BMW action in this vid, lol.
Screenshot_20230506_140355_Chrome.jpg

Might be why the Tahoe I posted requires premium gas, which was another shocker considering it’s a Tahoe lol and not a Cadillac Escalade lol.

F7B9D871-972B-432D-B3C1-C2469ACB9240.jpeg

That's "recommended" not "required". There is a difference. Recommended means you can run on 87 or 89 octane and won't harm the motor in any way. You may lose a few HP by doing this but there is no harmful effects. It's just that the motor's published power figures are rated using 91 premium (because some states don't have 93).

Required, means YOU MUST use premium or there will be issues if one were to use 87 or 89. Motor issues that if done multiple times, can lead to problems.

That's "recommended" not "required". There is a difference. Recommended means you can run on 87 or 89 octane and won't harm the motor in any way. You may lose a few HP by doing this but there is no harmful effects. It's just that the motor's published power figures are rated using 91 premium (because some states don't have 93).

Required, means YOU MUST use premium or there will be issues if one were to use 87 or 89. Motor issues that if done multiple times, can lead to problems.
Ok, my bad! Lol

I’m not trying to be a jerk but with used car prices where they are I’m not shocked when seeing people pay 6 figures for cars that aren’t ultra premium or sports cars. When I got my M8 I was super nervous paying that kind of money for a car but every time I park it and look back I’m happy. Crazy how some of those dually trucks cost almost as much as an M8 which is crazy to me but speaks to the times.

No where near as crazy as buying something that depreciates 4 figures per hour like an M8.

So I had my Challenger out on Saturday. While driving around a message came up saying "ACC(adaptive cruise control) & FWD Collision warning unavailable" & to take it in for service. After about 45 mins it went away on it's own & hasn't returned. Should I still take it to the dealership for them to look at?

I changed the battery back in the end of January & this was the first actual drive since then meaning amount of miles driven. Could it be the ACC & front radar system was resetting after the new battery?

So I had my Challenger out on Saturday. While driving around a message came up saying "ACC(adaptive cruise control) & FWD Collision warning unavailable" & to take it in for service. After about 45 mins it went away on it's own & hasn't returned. Should I still take it to the dealership for them to look at?

I changed the battery back in the end of January & this was the first actual drive since then meaning amount of miles driven. Could it be the ACC & front radar system was resetting after the new battery?
Most likely something was obstructing the sensors. Happens to me all the time in the winter with snow buildup.

NAH. DIDNT WANT THE EXTRA COST. NO REAL NEED FOR IT. NOT TOWING ANYTHING. 5.3 GETS DOWN PRETTY GOOD.

I DIDNT EVEN TEST DRIVE MINE :lol:
the 6.2 is night and day
great daily driver motor imo.
accelerates pretty well.

recently went on a 1000 mile road trip and not that i care too much but this was my mpg 6.2 1500 with 8speed
1683564916117.png

i don't think its about worrying, its just about knowing the value is way less over a year or two.

i miss the depreciation days
Cars by default (subject to some exceptions) are depreciating assets so I would hope that everyone would know that fact notwithstanding the current economic climate. But I agree with you 200% that the moment you sign on the dotted line that the value of a vehicle will be less and if that’s a problem for a purchaser they should spend their money elsewhere (real estate but you have to be careful there as well). One of the rules that I live by is that I never count someone else’s money or make value judgments on purchases they make because they have to live their life for themselves not for me. I’m a very cautious spender and I live well within my means which guides my approach to life. I’m a buy what you love kind of person (assuming you are financial able and you have the money to do it) and I’m happy for people that get nice things no matter what they are.

Cars by default (subject to some exceptions) are depreciating assets so I would hope that everyone would know that fact notwithstanding the current economic climate. But I agree with you 200% that the moment you sign on the dotted line that the value of a vehicle will be less and if that’s a problem for a purchaser they should spend their money elsewhere (real estate but you have to be careful there as well). One of the rules that I live by is that I never count someone else’s money or make value judgments on purchases they make because they have to live their life for themselves not for me. I’m a very cautious spender and I live well within my means which guides my approach to life. I’m a buy what you love kind of person (assuming you are financial able and you have the money to do it) and I’m happy for people that get nice things no matter what they are.
i agree with u, economics the past 3 years have been brazy
met a dude yesterday who bought an f8 2 years ago and drove it for 2 years and sold it without losing any money :lol:
very rare imo for that to happen :lol:

i agree with u, economics the past 3 years have been brazy
met a dude yesterday who bought an f8 2 years ago and drove it for 2 years and sold it without losing any money :lol:
very rare imo for that to happen :lol:
It is very rare indeed. I think we are living in times where things are just so much more expensive than they used to be. I don’t like it but we all have to adjust accordingly as part of being financially responsible. Prices aren’t going down on anything.

It is very rare indeed. I think we are living in times where things are just so much more expensive than they used to be. I don’t like it but we all have to adjust accordingly as part of being financially responsible. Prices aren’t going down on anything.

Agreed. It's taken me a while to get used to it but after seeing people posting 50k+ Kias and Tacoma's for several years now, that's just they way it is now. There are extremes like the 90k Tahoe posted earlier but stuffs just expensive nowadays.

Looks like the CLS is ending production

Breaks my heart… they let the CLS die and I don’t know why… When they decided to drop the AMG63 and make the AMG GT 4 door I didn’t understand it as it is substantially more expensive and less roomy.

I hate the term 4 door coupe but damn each generation was a looker, drove well and the older AMG63 and 63S were stunning.

RIP

the 6.2 is night and day
great daily driver motor imo.
accelerates pretty well.

recently went on a 1000 mile road trip and not that i care too much but this was my mpg 6.2 1500 with 8speed
1683564916117.png

I WAS AT 19.2 FROM MEMPHIS TO NASHVILLE, DOING 83-85MPH ON CRUISE CONTROL.

Back
Top Bottom