\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

These glass roofs are NOT what they are all cracked up to be (no pun intended). Whenever I had a client who wanted a Limited Edge, then they went to Titanium and Sport for the two high ends, the glass roof was standard. And I had multiple people who actually dropped to the next level and added all they could to make it close. Some people (myself included) just don't like sunroofs. And in the edge, the shade isn't really solid. It's a cloth shade that has pinholes so it's not like those old hard plastic sliding shades in the old normal sliding sunroofs.

Plus some don't realize how much weight that glass roof adds and it adds the weight to the absolute worst place and makes the CoG worse. Such a dumb design.
one thing i don't like about them is living in somewhere sunny like socal during the day that sun is bright af

Did we chat on the Porsche Mission X Concept?

IMG_6315.jpeg
IMG_6316.jpeg
IMG_6318.jpeg
IMG_6317.jpeg

one thing i don't like about them is living in somewhere sunny like socal during the day that sun is bright af

Exactly! And someone like me, who HATES the sun beating down on me, and also I try my darndest to stay away from as much sun as I can (my anti rejection meds require me to stay out of the sun as much as I can or spray like 100 block sunscreen if I can't avoid it or will be outside for an extended period of time). These cars will be literal ovens in the summer with the sun beating inside.

Did we chat on the Porsche Mission X Concept?

IMG_6315.jpeg
IMG_6316.jpeg
IMG_6318.jpeg
IMG_6317.jpeg

Someone posted it a few pages back. This will get built. It will be limited, and I'm sure it will be 7 figures or around that. But it is an AMAZING design! Looks like a LeMans car for the street sans a huge rear wing (I'm sure it has a deployable one).

Someone posted it a few pages back. This will get built. It will be limited, and I'm sure it will be 7 figures or around that. But it is an AMAZING design! Looks like a LeMans car for the street sans a huge rear wing (I'm sure it has a deployable one).
it’s stunning…

German cars are generally made to be leased. I have owned pretty much every German brand, and not one has shown themself to be more reliable than Lexus/Toyota.

Porsche is a little bit more reliable than the rest, but the cost of ownership is much higher.

If i'm buying a car to use and abuse, it's gonna be either a Tesla or Toyota, plain and simple/

I hope I don't have any issues with my Audi R8, really crossing my fingers on that one. But the jury is out on them and they seem relatively low maintenance.

But even compared to my porsche, servicing my R8 is like double, or more. Paying 1200 to install my lowering springs this week.

German cars are generally made to be leased. I have owned pretty much every German brand, and not one has shown themself to be more reliable than Lexus/Toyota.

Porsche is a little bit more reliable than the rest, but the cost of ownership is much higher.

If i'm buying a car to use and abuse, it's gonna be either a Tesla or Toyota, plain and simple/

I hope I don't have any issues with my Audi R8, really crossing my fingers on that one. But the jury is out on them and they seem relatively low maintenance.

But even compared to my porsche, servicing my R8 is like double, or more. Paying 1200 to install my lowering springs this week.
I’m bet they also have more tech than any Toyota or Lexus. Boring and reliable is meant for coffins and not cars.

my buddys who have had r8s never really had any issues with them, they just got bored after a while compared to the turbo super cars.
brakes are expensive tho, if you go to the track prepare for that brake bill
That’s why they all come with sunshades.
True but a sunshade does not block out 100% of sunlight, its just shade

I’m bet they also have more tech than any Toyota or Lexus. Boring and reliable is meant for coffins and not cars.

They all offer pretty good tech. Toyota has a hydrogen car in the Murai. And they offer more manuals than anyone today in the states. Their product lineup is so vast you can’t stereotype it. They got something for near everyone.

the "needs" more tech in cars is starting to get overboard. I'll take a well crafted interior over an billion new tech features which will eventually become outdated and could go bad over time. As long as I have the major ones; auto climate control, apple car play, nav, etc. This is why journalists are starting to hammer car manufacturers on all the screens in cars and losing all buttons.

I like driving my cars. I don't need to be districted by a million features and going into a billion sub menus to turn something on.

the "needs" more tech in cars is starting to get overboard. I'll take a well crafted interior over an billion new tech features which will eventually become outdated and could go bad over time. As long as I have the major ones; auto climate control, apple car play, nav, etc. This is why journalists are starting to hammer car manufacturers on all the screens in cars and losing all buttons.

I like driving my cars. I don't need to be districted by a million features and going into a billion sub menus to turn something on.

It’s true, but I was never really living until the hot stone massage feature in my EQS.

I was planning on selling my Model Y and taking a 12k loss, but then I had to use it this weekend to move my wheels and tires, and meet someone to sell my old rims. So I think I’m just gonna keep it. I need an SUV.

I do believe my Model Y will last 250k miles easy.

Last edited:
It’s true, but I was never really living until the hot stone massage feature in my EQS.

The massage function is an understandable and useable tech benefit, especially if its in a luxury car and is integrated effortlessly into the form function of the vehicle. Like heated seats. I'm talking about some of these real gimmicky tech features like when BMW added a new feature of you going back a track by waving your hand in a circular motion. Half the time, these things don't even work right.

The massage function is an understandable and useable tech benefit, especially if its in a luxury car and is integrated effortlessly into the form function of the vehicle. Like heated seats. I'm talking about some of these real gimmicky tech features like when BMW added a new feature of you going back a track by waving your hand in a circular motion. Half the time, these things don't even work right.
Or that big screen in the back seat. I think that’s overkill in my opinion

I’m curious what you mean when you say made to be leased. Do you mean mechanically, electrical, basic wear and tear ?I ask because I actually track my cars ( I as recall you do not but I could be mistaken) and have been since 2003 and haven’t had a single issue . My heaviest tracked cars were E46 M3 ,E92 M3 , W204 C63 and they all got about 20-30 sessions a year.

From my experience so far the only vehicles I’ve seen that are GM vehicles. I know the late 2000 7 series had some electrical issues and the S class has issue with the air suspension.

Yeah, actually my 2018 5 series had that feature, and I mistakenly went back a track almost every single day. I had to turn it off. The benz also has it, but I never use it--and so far no accidental activations.

I’m curious what you mean when you say made to be leased. Do you mean mechanically, electrical, basic wear and tear ?I ask because I actually track my cars ( I as recall you do not but I could be mistaken) and have been since 2003 and haven’t had a single issue . My heaviest tracked cars were E46 M3 ,E92 M3 , W204 C63 and they all got about 20-30 sessions a year.

From my experience so far the only vehicles I’ve seen that are GM vehicles. I know the late 2000 7 series had some electrical issues and the S class has issue with the air suspension.

You haven't had a single issue? I find that extremely hard to believe. I'm sure you had the subframe reinforced, and Vanos rebuilt, those cars are worth keeping running and some people who are mechanically inclined will do just that. Inspection II was always the dreaded thing IIRC.

But nobody is going to pay thousands to keep a 2006 545i/X5 on the road, and that car will be mechanically totaled once anything happens to it. Unlike a 2006 Land Cruiser or 4Runner.

I couldn't have had a more opposite experience than you, I had an SMG pump failure on my e46 M3 with 56k miles and my brothers F12 M6 motor blew at 82k miles.

My employees 550i M Sport had the crazy valve leak with all the white smoke at 51k miles. Mechanically totaled.

I don't recall anything terrible happening with my e90 M3 though. But I had the car for 2 years.

Lease the BMW, return it when it's done, rinse repeat. That's what i've learned.

Last edited:
Smg is where u went wrong I can’t speak on the m6 tho
E9x m3 is solid just do the rod bearings (I just did mines :smokin )

Smg is where u went wrong I can’t speak on the m6 tho
E9x m3 is solid just do the rod bearings (I just did mines :smokin )

Tell me about it.

At the time the SMG was insane and an amazing thing to have in a street car. There was nothing on the road with anything like it, except F1 trans 360 and some maseratis/ Lambo e-gear.

But hindsight is 20/20, as they say. Time has told us that SMG was absolute trash.

exactly, like my bosses new mini van has a screen to change gears, what if u in the middle of nowhere are u have a tech failure? i prefer a gear knob thank you

I know a guy with a f1 trans in a 360. It’s impossible to fix, no one will work on it or buy it. :lol:

Car is junk.

Back
Top Bottom