\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Had a ton of TRD parts on my GS 400/430 days 20 years ago. Today got a private tour of tTRD in LA. I could only take pics outside and of the lobby. Absolutely amazing facility and engineering inside.
IMG_6368.jpeg
IMG_6359.jpeg
IMG_6364.jpeg
IMG_6370.jpeg
sheesh, enjoy LA papi

Also Benz is first with level 3

was thinking of getting my moms the eqs 450 suv they are super duper nice
but the only drawback still with charging, i wouldn't want her ever waiting at a public charging station especially in a benz

was thinking of getting my moms the eqs 450 suv they are super duper nice
but the only drawback still with charging, i wouldn't want her ever waiting at a public charging station especially in a benz

Checked them out and the interiors are super impressive. And Mercedes has a really good plan for charging it seems. They are tons of discounts and deals too…Range not a worry it’s not an only car

They all offer pretty good tech. Toyota has a hydrogen car in the Murai. And they offer more manuals than anyone today in the states. Their product lineup is so vast you can’t stereotype it. They got something for near everyone.
Their philosophy is to pump out old tech that's why they're reliable. "Pretty good" is not good enough when Lexus is asking the same pricing as their competitors that offer more.
As far as their designs they've been a bore as long as I remember. Never once in my life have I stopped and said ..wow look at that Toyota or Lexus. They just dont appeal to me and ill add Honda, Kia and Hyundai. Manuals have also never appealed to me. I had a 6spd s4 for a few years and have never gone back to a manual since.
Right now I drive a truck and the comparable would be a Tundra which IMO looks like a train wreck and has had countless issues since it was introduced to market. My wife has a three row SUV and the comparable Toyota would be the Sequoia. As you probably know the hybrid battery really causes issues with comfort and space in the second in third row. So much so it defeats the purpose of having a 3 row SUV. The introduction of the straight axle was a huge mistake. All to save costs so they can use the same parts as the Tundra. The LX600 is nice but when compared to the X7 or the GLS it not worth the price they're asking. It should be a sub-$100k at best. $130/140k for a rebranded Toyota is laughable. I had a X7 M50i that was barely over $100k and it was leaps and bounds better in finish, materials, space, tech and performance over the Lexus.
So yeah I dont see me ever owning their products.

The real appeal of Lexus/Toyota is reliability. For most people looking at their products thats high on their priority list. Understandable but I do agreee, for prices of a lot of their cars id rather just go German.

Their philosophy is to pump out old tech that's why they're reliable. "Pretty good" is not good enough when Lexus is asking the same pricing as their competitors that offer more.
As far as their designs they've been a bore as long as I remember. Never once in my life have I stopped and said ..wow look at that Toyota or Lexus. They just dont appeal to me and ill add Honda, Kia and Hyundai. Manuals have also never appealed to me. I had a 6spd s4 for a few years and have never gone back to a manual since.
Right now I drive a truck and the comparable would be a Tundra which IMO looks like a train wreck and has had countless issues since it was introduced to market. My wife has a three row SUV and the comparable Toyota would be the Sequoia. As you probably know the hybrid battery really causes issues with comfort and space in the second in third row. So much so it defeats the purpose of having a 3 row SUV. The introduction of the straight axle was a huge mistake. All to save costs so they can use the same parts as the Tundra. The LX600 is nice but when compared to the X7 or the GLS it not worth the price they're asking. It should be a sub-$100k at best. $130/140k for a rebranded Toyota is laughable. I had a X7 M50i that was barely over $100k and it was leaps and bounds better in finish, materials, space, tech and performance over the Lexus.
I understand you have your preferences, but I'm so confused by your entire post man.

Are you young? There have been more than a handful of Toyota/Lexus that have been impressive, is crazy that never you seen one and not been wowed.

You talk about repetitive boreness and you drive a truck? I must admit, I'm not a Guru when it comes to their interirors and capabilities, but they all look the same and until recently the most out of date technology ever.

Lastly, what about the X7 wowed you? I look at the X line and see nothing but repetitive boredom. X5 took the streets by storm but not much has changed since early 2000s the X7 looks like just a fatty version the same with X1 and X3, same **** just bigger / smaller.

Ultimately, "I" prefer a reliable, cost effective vehicle that takes me from A to B with the least amount problems. I love tech, but I dont need all the bells and whistle. If we keep it 100%, for todays market ... A big screen, wireleas Apple/Android, Adaptive Cruise Crontol, Lane Keep Assit and rear camera is all I need.

I understand you have your preferences, but I'm so confused by your entire post man.

Are you young? There have been more than a handful of Toyota/Lexus that have been impressive, is crazy that never you seen one and not been wowed.

You talk about repetitive boreness and you drive a truck? I must admit, I'm not a Guru when it comes to their interirors and capabilities, but they all look the same and until recently the most out of date technology ever.

Lastly, what about the X7 wowed you? I look at the X line and see nothing but repetitive boredom. X5 took the streets by storm but not much has changed since early 2000s the X7 looks like just a fatty version the same with X1 and X3, same **** just bigger / smaller.

Ultimately, "I" prefer a reliable, cost effective vehicle that takes me from A to B with the least amount problems. I love tech, but I dont need all the bells and whistle. If we keep it 100%, for todays market ... A big screen, wireleas Apple/Android, Adaptive Cruise Crontol, Lane Keep Assit and rear camera is all I need.

No ..im in my 40s with 2 young kids. I've never been one for the Supra/Rx7/Integra etc...
I was more so into the pony/muscle cars when I was younger and then graduated to German cars.

Yes I drive a 22 F150 Raptor. Not boring and not out of date especially when compared to competitors.

The X7 M50i was a twin turbo V8 with 523hp of goodness. Plush interior materials, second row captains chairs, one of arguably the best tech/infotainment system on the market, and I had DHP and 4-wheel steering which made this large SUV handle like something smaller. Yes it's no sports car but for a 3 row SUV the combination of drive, comfort, sport and luxury is nearly unmatched at that price point. I have no need for a sportcar that will sit in the garage collecting dust since I dont have time for it with a young/active family.

I honestly turn off all the technical nannys but the thing I need more than anything else is comfort both for my family and myself. Most offerings from Toyota/Lexus/Honda/Kia etc are quickly written off because of their size. I am of course at a different point in my life and have different needs than many others. Saying that even if I was single I probably wouldnt go smaller than something like an Eclass or A6 model. Preferably the E63 AMG wagon or Rs6. I usually buy new or low mileage, so I have the initial warranty and take good care or all my vehicles. Maintenance costs are a fraction of what others would pay at a dealer or indy shop since I do my own work.

The real appeal of Lexus/Toyota is reliability. For most people looking at their products thats high on their priority list. Understandable but I do agreee, for prices of a lot of their cars id rather just go German.
To be honest, I do think Toyota price points are out of hand. Like 100k for a Sequoia??? **** that!

With that said, IMO people are not paying that amount of money to just turn around in 4 years and sell it. They are paying that amount to keep LONG TERM!.

Like someone said, Germans are meant for lease. Turn that joint in after 3/4 years and get a new one. No maintenance, or depreciation. After 4 years and no warranty you are going to be hurting upkeeping when something does go wrong.

I agree with your response. Well said.

I think the fact the brands don’t appeal to you is all that needs to be said. And that is totally fine .The rest of your statements are way off. I explained Toyota has a hydrogen car and you still say they are being on tech?Not fine but if you don’t like something, nothing will change your mind.

FYI, had a stage 3 ROUSH S550 Mustang for a bit. Fun, crazy car.

FYI, the LX is not a rebadge. It’s like saying the Lincoln Navigator is a rebadge. That is wrong. They share platforms. I own a LX 600 F sport. The . X7 and GLS might be more powerful but does not appeal to me. They honestly are not competitors. Totally different buyers. I totally get someone doesn’t want a LX and prefers a unibody based vehicle. I guess the new TX will take on that fight a bit being a unibody and the size of a x7 etc

Also the LX has a 3 year waiting list and is going for over sticker. Not the X7 or GLS. To each his own.

Everybody wants something different out of a car. And every few years when you get a new car, what you want is likely to have changed as well

With each car I buy I zero in on what I like/dislike

I think dude was ultimately trying to just say Toyota/Lexus is bland which for the most part is true in a sense. They have their exciting cars, Supra. The LC is gorgeous. The 4Runner has a cult following, a legend as much as the Land Cruiser is. LFA is going for $1-2 mil (I do say the car is overrated af but it is the best sounding car out there). Lexus I havent been the biggest fan of and I can see why people say its bland, but again reliability is unmatched and some people value that a lot. Problem for me is Lexus interiors are whats bland about them. New GX looks hella good, interior? 10 years old already.

I think dude was ultimately trying to just say Toyota/Lexus is bland which for the most part is true in a sense. They have their exciting cars, Supra. The LC is gorgeous. The 4Runner has a cult following, a legend as much as the Land Cruiser is. LFA is going for $1-2 mil (I do say the car is overrated af but it is the best sounding car out there). Lexus I havent been the biggest fan of and I can see why people say its bland, but again reliability is unmatched and some people value that a lot. Problem for me is Lexus interiors are whats bland about them. New GX looks hella good, interior? 10 years old already.
I'm trying to find out what BMW has done that is revolutionary? Their cluster and infotainment until recently was outdated AF.

I haven't had a Audi or ride one in a while but the VW now are still ****.

So what about the interior? Leather, Craftsmanship, etc?

I mean for a 3rd SUV I rather spend my 100k on a Denali/Escalade than any German vehicle period. So are we not talking about luxury/comfort, just performance? I'm just trying to understand.

I'm trying to find out what BMW has done that is revolutionary? Their cluster and infotainment until recently was outdated AF.

I haven't had a Audi or ride one in a while but the VW now are still ****.

So what about the interior? Leather, Craftsmanship, etc?

I mean for a 3rd SUV I rather spend my 100k on a Denali/Escalade than any German vehicle period. So are we not talking about luxury/comfort, just performance? I'm just trying to understand.

BMW’s usually have welt built interiors with good materials, their selling point IMO besides the badge is their driving dynamics. Generally the best feeling drive sans a Porsche. Performance wise, just look at the M division, nuff said.

Audi’s usually have the best tech, very clean interiors and arguably better built than BMW’s. MB is def the most lush and luxurious out of the 3. Leather everywhere, less of that hard/soft touch plastic that American and Japanese cars have. Nicer feeling buttons, dials, sound of the door closing is much more solid. More small creature comforts (usually unnecessary lol but some great for example brake hold was on older German cars and just in the last few years other brands have adopted). Idk if they were the first but probably mainstreamed it. Look at ambient lighting, a lot of cars doing that now too. Usually those features eventually trickle down to the American/Japanese cars though nowadays. That can be said of the German brands in general though. If you cant see or feel the difference sitting in a Denali vs X7 idk what to tell you man. I just googled Denali interior and even just the design is tiers below an X7. Not saying the Denali will be bad, especially in a high trim but even a low trim X7 is luxurious.

I agree with your response. Well said.

I think the fact the brands don’t appeal to you is all that needs to be said. And that is totally fine .The rest of your statements are way off. I explained Toyota has a hydrogen car and you still say they are being on tech?Not fine but if you don’t like something, nothing will change your mind.

FYI, had a stage 3 ROUSH S550 Mustang for a bit. Fun, crazy car.

FYI, the LX is not a rebadge. It’s like saying the Lincoln Navigator is a rebadge. That is wrong. They share platforms. I own a LX 600 F sport. The . X7 and GLS might be more powerful but does not appeal to me. They honestly are not competitors. Totally different buyers. I totally get someone doesn’t want a LX and prefers a unibody based vehicle. I guess the new TX will take on that fight a bit being a unibody and the size of a x7 etc

Also the LX has a 3 year waiting list and is going for over sticker. Not the X7 or GLS. To each his own.

One car doesnt speak for the whole brand that's why I didnt respond to it. I believe BMW also has one and Mercedes cancelled their program.

Well since BMW/Mercedes are not built on another platform I agree they shouldnt be comparable, but they are cross shopped.
Both the Mercedes GLS and BMW X7 are built in the USA so that might be why the turnaround is quicker. It may be that those brands are better set up for the demand.
I mean Toyota did fumble the release of the Tundra/Sequoia and have delayed the 4Runner so supply chain issues wouldnt surprise me.
There are plenty of other vehicles out there such as Land Rover who have delays but I dont equate that to demand or a better overall vehicle.
The X7 has not gone over sticker from what ive seen but the GLS has slightly at least in the markets ive shopped. To me that's a positive.
When I was shopping for my Raptor it took me almost 6 months to get one at MSRP because they were going for as much as $25k over because of supply issue and delays.

I know you're a huge Lexus fan and everyone has their opinions and preferences but for me I dont see the appeal at the prices their asking.
Trying to be comparable in price but not in solution doesnt make sense to me. Again IMO.

Btw im surrounded by Toyotas since the N/A headquarters is just a few miles away and Tundra/Sequoia are built a few hours South in San Antonio.

Last edited:
BMW’s usually have welt built interiors with good materials, their selling point IMO besides the badge is their driving dynamics. Generally the best feeling drive sans a Porsche. Performance wise, just look at the M division, nuff said.

Audi’s usually have the best tech, very clean interiors and arguably better built than BMW’s. MB is def the most lush and luxurious out of the 3. Leather everywhere, less of that hard/soft touch plastic that American and Japanese cars have. Nicer feeling buttons, dials, sound of the door closing is much more solid. More small creature comforts (usually unnecessary lol but some great for example brake hold was on older German cars and just in the last few years other brands have adopted). Idk if they were the first but probably mainstreamed it. Look at ambient lighting, a lot of cars doing that now too. Usually those features eventually trickle down to the American/Japanese cars though nowadays. That can be said of the German brands in general though. If you cant see or feel the difference sitting in a Denali vs X7 idk what to tell you man. I just googled Denali interior and even just the design is tiers below an X7. Not saying the Denali will be bad, especially in a high trim but even a low trim X7 is luxurious.
You don't have to tell me anything. With a family or hell, even single I will never ever ever choose an X7 over a Denali/Escalade. No way in HELL.

The ride, space and dependability of the Denali far outweight anything the X7 has to offer me. 250k miles is easy for that V8. I fear the routine maintenance cost after the warranty.

That Uniscreen the X7 has is cool but the new X7 looks nice but IMO is more of a refresh of an early X5 than a redesign. By no means am I dismissing it, but against the Large SUVs yes.

You don't have to tell me anything. With a family or hell, even single I will never ever ever choose an X7 over a Denali/Escalade. No way in HELL.

The ride, space and dependability of the Denali far outweight anything the X7 has to offer me. 250k miles is easy for that V8. I fear the routine maintenance cost after the warranty.

That Uniscreen the X7 has is cool but the new X7 looks nice but IMO is more of a refresh of an early X5 than a redesign. By no means am I dismissing it, but against the Large SUVs yes.

Its not a wild thought picking those over an X7. Not really my market though, id never get one of those giant SUV’s. Something X5 sized is the biggest id get, and even then I dont think id pick an X5 either. Ill save for a Cayenne. :lol:

Ride? Depending on where you're going.
If on road the X7 will ride better. If you live on a farm in the middle of no where the GM product will be better.
I'll never own anything for 250k miles so that doesnt concern me. My threshold is usually 50-60k.
My wife had put 105k on her Q5 bought new and with regular maintenance by me it was a very reliable 2.0T.
The X7 is basically a larger X5 but it's not a refresh of any old X5. If anything the extended screens were derived from the Mercedes design.
Personally, I liked the previous dash I had in mine over the current.
Again everyone has different preferences.

Its not a wild thought picking those over an X7. Not really my market though, id never get one of those giant SUV’s. Something X5 sized is the biggest id get, and even then I dont think id pick an X5 either. Ill save for a Cayenne. :lol:

Yeah I was talking about this with my bro.

Escalade is sweet but might be too damn big, I think G63 is probably the max I can go.

I originally wanted an EQS SUV until I saw it in person, total soccer practice car.

But who knows, I don’t have kids yet. Things may change.

also: anyone out there buying this thing?

Last edited:
If your spending 6 figures on a suv it better be a Trackhawk or a G wagon imo
If I was 25 and single I’d consider a Trackhawk but that would have been out of my price range.

G Wagon would be the absolute bottom of my list. I’d rather save $100k and get a 392 Wrangler.

Back
Top Bottom