\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

The problem with Acura is that they are stuck making "Performance" luxury.

Their vehicles are to Sporty to be Luxury and not high performance to compete against their sporty rivals.

Their best vehicle till date for me was the Integra. Everything else besides their TL was meh or just bad. Vigor/CL/RL/etc .... is crazy that they really have nothing luxuries enough for executives or high profile people. Yeezus!

When it comes to Lexus they killed it with their ES / GS / LS ... then they took those same models and beefed them up to be competitive or fun to drive.

With that said, I agree their TX is a big miss, their warranty branding or whatever is not making me jump ... toyota is just as reliable. So no thanks!

Acura has always been a tier below Lexus in the “luxury” department, which is a tier under the Germans.

Acura has always been a tier below Lexus in the “luxury” department, which is a tier under the Germans.
Indeed.

Honda/Acura are just reliable.

Everything since I was a kid has been mid.

You had/have the Civic/Integra, Accord/TL, Prelude and S2000 none of these vehicles were messing with their competitors.

I would much had rather own for speed RX7, 300ZX, Supra, 1.8 and for Luxury Lexus.

I really don't like unreliable german cars man. Always had bad luck with Benz, Bimmer and the worst Audi.

Indeed.

You had/have the Civic/Integra, Accord/TL, Prelude and S2000 none of these vehicles were messing with their competitors.

I would much had rather own for speed RX7, 300ZX, Supra, 1.8 and for Luxury Lexus.

I really don't like unreliable german cars man. Always had bad luck with Benz, Bimmer and the worst Audi.

Newer Germans are pretty reliable, BMW’s have a bunch of very reliable engines. Audi had engines with oil problems but its been better. They really arent as bad as their reputations would make them seem.

Newer Germans are pretty reliable, BMW’s have a bunch of very reliable engines. Audi had engines with oil problems but its been better. They really arent as bad as their reputations would make them seem.
I wouldn't know or care to find out.

After the last A6 and A8 .. No more Germans for me.

Even if they are more reliable, the maintenance is way overpriced.

I do know that Toyota used the BMW engine on their Supra, so I know is reliable .. but just saying BMW the shop is going to upcharge you.

A lot of older Toyota products are getting scooped up and slowly appreciating in value. I just picked up a V8 4Runner myself as a daily. It took Me a while to find a decently priced one. I’d say pick it up before they really shoot up. You won’t run into any power train problems. That’s for sure

That is part of my thinking. With appreciation + bullet proof power train it's hard to go wrong

Not afraid to throw money at the maintenance needed. Assuming it's a true premium for a clean one

Not crazy at all the Land Cruiser has a big following and the LX (Luxury Cruiser??) Is the upscale version so yeah .. those tanks just go. Lmao

I feel like that crowd uses them though. I'd be mostly looking at it and driving to DC and Philly :lol:

I’m almost for certain it’s wrapped now or….they swapped everything into an older mopar.
Been seeing a lot of 392/Hellcat “300 S” as of late.

You can track it on uconnect but once you report it stolen with them they disconnect the feature.
I’m sure it’s for liability reasons but man 🤦🏽‍♂️.
It sucks for real.
Everyone is telling me just get a widebody hellcat but no one is paying that note 😂
Idk if I even want to deal with the knowing fact someone want to steal my car.

But idk what else I want. That’s all I’ve been driving the last 6 1/2 years.

What about the Uconnect? You can track its location through that. Cops don't care for much anymore to be honest. The loss of the sentimental picture is huge man & hurts. Hopefully you're able to find it & the picture is intact too.

I’m almost for certain it’s wrapped now or….they swapped everything into an older mopar.
A lot of them are just swapping the hellcat superchargers that are 2-3k with a swap FEAD kit to adapt the blowers to their 5.7 or 6.4. There are a handful of full hellcat swapped cars out there tho and I doubt they’re dropping 20k on a legit swap

Anyone have thoughts on leasing?
Do interest rates effect leasing the same as getting a loan? Is insurance more or less expensive on a lease?

I don’t want to buy a new car but it’s looking like I’ll probably have to. Thought about maybe getting a lease. Wonder if it would be worth it paying that bill monthly on a lease instead of towards a loan..The current market prices and interest rates make me think maybe it could be

Indeed.

Sadly they ain’t even that reliable anymore
Anyone have thoughts on leasing?
Do interest rates effect leasing the same as getting a loan? Is insurance more or less expensive on a lease?

I don’t want to buy a new car but it’s looking like I’ll probably have to. Thought about maybe getting a lease. Wonder if it would be worth it paying that bill monthly on a lease instead of towards a loan..The current market prices and interest rates make me think maybe it could be
The interest rate for leasing is called the money factor.

Depending on the brand right now financing is more attractive than leasing. Leasing makes sense if you just want a new car every 2-3 years or you have a business and use it for business.

Insurance is complicated and depends on way too many factors.

Sadly they ain’t even that reliable anymore
I never really have had any issues besides oil consumption from Acura. They burn and/or leak ....there has been some transmission issues to, but none that i have encountered.

I have always found them very reliable with basic required maintenance.

With that said, I hope they turn the corner.

I'm not very kind on the RDX but these current lineup (Integra, TLX and MDX) are dope to me (Interior and Exterior).

Last edited:
I truly feel they don’t care honestly.

SORRY THIS HAPPENED TO YOU. IT SUCKS FOR SURE.

BUT IF YOU THINK, POLICE ARE SOLEY LOOKING FOR YOUR VEHICLE ONLY… THATS NOT THE CASE. SORRY TO BE SO BLUNT ABOUT IT.

NOT SURE WHERE YOU LIVE, BUT AS YOU KNOW CHARGERS/CHALLENGERS ARE IN THE TOP 10 VEHICLES STOLEN NATIONWIDE.

SO WHILE POLICE ARE OVERWHELMED WITH OTHER CALLS AND DUTIES, THEY DONT HAVE TIME TO JUST DRIVE AROUND LOOKING FOR YOUR VEHICLE IN A CITY WITH A TON OF STOLEN VEHICLES. IM FRIENDS WITH SEVERAL OFFICERS WHO CAN BACK THIS STATEMENT UP.

FOR EXAMPLE, HERE IN TN, LAWS DONT REALLY CARE ABOUT PROPERTY, SO ITS A LOW PRIORITY IN REGARDS TO LAW ENFORCEMENT.

BUT THATS WHAT INSURANCE IS FOR. GET A NEW ONE. A BUDDY OF MINE 392 CHARGER GOT STOLEN TWICE. GOT STOLEN, IT WAS LOCATED, HE PUT IT IN THE SHOP TO GET REPAIRS FROM IT BEING STOLEN…THEN GOT STOLEN AGAIN FROM THE SHOP. SO HE WAS LIKE HE HOPE IT WASNT FOUND, :lol: INSURANCE CUT HIM A $45K CHECK AND HE WENT AND BOUGHT AN AUDI Q8.

PERSONALLY, I LEAVE NOTHING OF VALUE OR IMPORTANCE IN ANY OF MY VEHICLES. WHEN PEOPLE GET IN MY RIDES, THEY SAY “ DAMN, THERE IS NOTHING IN HERE”… I SAY, I KNOW.

That is a possibility. Hope the person(s) who stole it rot in hell.
You can track it on uconnect but once you report it stolen with them they disconnect the feature.
I’m sure it’s for liability reasons but man 🤦🏽‍♂️.
It sucks for real.
Everyone is telling me just get a widebody hellcat but no one is paying that note 😂
Idk if I even want to deal with the knowing fact someone want to steal my car.

But idk what else I want. That’s all I’ve been driving the last 6 1/2 years.
I had no idea they disconnect the feature after the car is reported stolen. Hellcat would be real nice, lol, so would that note- it's ridiculous what dealerships want for them now that they're nearing end of production. Anytime you have something nice man it will always attract the wrong kind of attention; be it jewelry, phones, cars, houses etc... I'm hurting for you, there's a lot of options out there so take your time. It might sound stupid but invest in some club locks, seatbelt locks & other theft deterrents on your next ride if you didn't on the Charger. And remember NEVER leave the keys in it or the engine running.

Indeed.

We are on our fifth Audi and never had a major issue. Nothing not covered under warranty or that I couldn’t fix myself with ease.
Then again I do most of my own work and don’t rely on stealerships.
I’d take any German car over any of the other manufacturers you mentioned.

Last edited:
We on our fifth Audi and never had a major issue. Nothing not covered under warranty or that I couldn’t fix myself with ease.
Then again I do most of my own work and don’t rely on stealerships.
I’d take any German car over any of the other manufacturers you mentioned.
That's great man ... we all speak from own experiences. The worst vehicle I ever had (maintenance) was a 1999 A6. Joint was a headache when it came to maintenance (electrical and take entire front for engine work) ... it was a great handling car though.

I had no idea they disconnect the feature after the car is reported stolen. Hellcat would be real nice, lol, so would that note- it's ridiculous what dealerships want for them now that they're nearing end of production. Anytime you have something nice man it will always attract the wrong kind of attention; be it jewelry, phones, cars, houses etc... I'm hurting for you, there's a lot of options out there so take your time. It might sound stupid but invest in some club locks, seatbelt locks & other theft deterrents on your next ride if you didn't on the Charger. And remember NEVER leave the keys in it or the engine running.
Most definitely, I might even put a boot on it 😭
My boy told me to JDM and just take the steering wheel off when I go in the house.

Na but I have my eyes set on an 1996 Impala SS. I’ve always loved that car and always wanted one just never made a move for one.
I’ll definitely have multiple security options for that if I get it. Just trying to find one that isn’t a clone and good to decent mileage. What has me a little on edge is due to its edge I have to keep in mind I’ll be replacing a lot of the hoses and suspension part’s depending on how it’s been kept.

I looked at a few Kia Stinger GT Line, I call it the budget GTR with some solid mods lol. But then I remembered the “Kia boyz”. Some lady just got her van stolen the other day. These kids took it just because they could, it was in a very nice area too sadly.

I plan on getting another mopar just have to wait a couple years or so, waiting to see how the market pans out.
The market is wild right now new and used.
I ordered a wide body Hellcat a year ago. When I ordered it I was good to go. 7 months later when it finally came some life things happened and with interest rates taking a jump I had to turn it down sadly. I kept the VIN so hopefully I can find it when I’m ready. If it’s for sale that is.

I wouldn't know or care to find out.

After the last A6 and A8 .. No more Germans for me.

Even if they are more reliable, the maintenance is way overpriced.

I do know that Toyota used the BMW engine on their Supra, so I know is reliable .. but just saying BMW the shop is going to upcharge you.
Volvo FTW.. most reliable European cars, esp older ones. When they were acquired by Ford, the quality definitely went down but since Geely bought them, they have definitely been improving to what they once were.

14K for the glass roof? Dang!

These glass roofs are NOT what they are all cracked up to be (no pun intended). Whenever I had a client who wanted a Limited Edge, then they went to Titanium and Sport for the two high ends, the glass roof was standard. And I had multiple people who actually dropped to the next level and added all they could to make it close. Some people (myself included) just don't like sunroofs. And in the edge, the shade isn't really solid. It's a cloth shade that has pinholes so it's not like those old hard plastic sliding shades in the old normal sliding sunroofs.

Plus some don't realize how much weight that glass roof adds and it adds the weight to the absolute worst place and makes the CoG worse. Such a dumb design.

i have this beater truck and i used to go to stores park right in the front and leave it running and never got stolen :lol:

Back
Top Bottom