\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

What up!!! Sadly I’m letting my baby go 😢. She’s been a joy to drive and in excellent condition. I can’t go anywhere without someone giving the thumbs up, wanting to have a full blown conversation about her, or offering to buy. She’s a real looker and attention grabber. Probably one the best e24s in the city. Son teared up when I told him we were selling. Check out the auction here.

GLWA!

PICKED THIS UP SATURDAY. FRESH OUT THE TINT SHOP TODAY.

IMG_9052.jpeg

PICKED THIS UP SATURDAY. FRESH OUT THE TINT SHOP TODAY.

IMG_9052.jpeg
Is it a black diamond? What's the difference between all these models and what's really necessary? Like I thought the Badlands Wildcat and Raptors where the head honchos, but what are the differences?

what about the 5.2 supercharged?
05fordgt 05fordgt have an opinion on the gt500 motor? im curious

It's a very good motor. Thankfully a cross plane. I'm still not sold on any flat plane motors that aren't Italian, lol. I'm jaded by my client who bought a 2016 GT350 from me new, NO track pack (so no diff and trans cooler), and NO interest in anything but driving around town to car shows. Currently on his 3rd motor when I left work January 2020. 3 freaking motors! 🤬 All excessive oil consumption. All replaced under warranty. But I mean come on! And he was a HAWK on checking it. Total factory flaws. And yes I know the 18s got better but this is inexcusable for what they strived to do.

Sorry, but there was a reason Ferrari never went over 4.5L in displacement for their N/A V8 cars. They knew better. They know a flat plane is a NVH NIGHTMARE!! So I'm supposed to accept Ford, on their first attempt, was gonna be fine with this? Yeah, right! Same with G M. They all of a sudden, found the miracle magic to make theirs 5.5L? Come on!!! There are issues with their motor from things I've read. Hell, at my local Cars & Coffee I go to every Saturday, 2 weeks ago, a black C8 Z06 came in (followed by the real star, a C7 ZR1 MANUAL 😱)! The Z06 passed right in front of myself and my friends and we all heard it......tick tick tick tick!! 🤯 Really?! A freaking valve tap. And it was LOUD! Everyone who was remotely close heard it said the same thing. 🤦🏻‍♂️

But the Predator 5.2?! So far so good from everything I've heard.

Last edited:
Is it a black diamond? What's the difference between all these models and what's really necessary? Like I thought the Badlands Wildcat and Raptors where the head honchos, but what are the differences?

NO. ITS AN OUTER BANKS(ABOVE BLACK DIAMOND, BELOW BADLANDS)…. SO 4TH TRIM FROM THE TOP.

THE MAIN DIFFERENCES IN TRIMS ARE AUDIO, INTERIOR COLOR CHOICES, MAYBE SOME MECHANICAL TRANSMISSION OPTIONS. BUT THERE ARE ONLY 2 ENGINE OPTIONS, 2 TRANSMISSION OPTIONS, AND I THINK 4 REAR END OPTIONS. (EXCLUDING RAPTOR).

MINE IS 90% FULLY LOADED. I HAVE ALL THE OPTIONS I WAS LOOKING FOR.

I KNOW IM GOING TO CATCH HEAT BUT WHO CARES…. I DON’T PLAN ON ANY OFF-ROADING(MAYBE JUMPING SOME CURBS AND DRIVING THRU GRASS😂)

NO. ITS AN OUTER BANKS(ABOVE BLACK DIAMOND, BELOW BADLANDS)…. SO 4TH TRIM FROM THE TOP.

THE MAIN DIFFERENCES IN TRIMS ARE AUDIO, INTERIOR COLOR CHOICES, MAYBE SOME MECHANICAL TRANSMISSION OPTIONS. BUT THERE ARE ONLY 2 ENGINE OPTIONS, 2 TRANSMISSION OPTIONS, AND I THINK 4 REAR END OPTIONS. (EXCLUDING RAPTOR).

I KNOW IM GOING TO CATCH HEAT BUT WHO CARES…. I DON’T PLAN ON ANY OFF-ROADING(MAYBE JUMPING SOME CURBS AND DRIVING THRU GRASS😂)
nah no heat for driving a bigger vehicle that u don't offroad.

ive been contemplating a prius but man, the safety aspect of a big car keeps me from going that direction.

I saw the other night what looked like an older integra the dude crashed into a wall and died at the scene, very sad
1700539344340.png

it looks like the wall made it to his passenger seat judging by how the roof is smashed
not even sure how it happened

nah no heat for driving a bigger vehicle that u don't offroad.

ive been contemplating a prius but man, the safety aspect of a big car keeps me from going that direction.

I saw the other night what looked like an older integra the dude crashed into a wall and died at the scene, very sad
1700539344340.png

it looks like the wall made it to his passenger seat judging by how the roof is smashed
not even sure how it happened

THATS CRAZY. SPEED PROBABLY PLAYED A FACTOR.

GLAD I GOT SPEED OUT OF MY SYSTEM. I CAN CARELESS ABOUT GOING FAST ANYMORE.

MakeNTGreatAgain MakeNTGreatAgain 05fordgt 05fordgt
I completely understand this is the last 6 speed manual and I also understand this is the only Gen with the Trinity motor but with this said…… am I the only want that doesn’t see the “ classic “ value?
534CE41C-F855-473F-83E0-789D9748839D.png

I completely understand this is the last 6 speed manual and I also understand this is the only Gen with the Trinity motor but with this said…… am I the only want that doesn’t see the “ classic “ value?
I don't think its a classic, classics happen to me unbeknownst to us like the e30 that no one thought twice about or the porsche 911s that were not selling for much but suddenly blew up.
I highly doubt that someone in 20 years will be drooling after that mustang tbh

What up!!! Sadly I’m letting my baby go 😢. She’s been a joy to drive and in excellent condition. I can’t go anywhere without someone giving the thumbs up, wanting to have a full blown conversation about her, or offering to buy. She’s a real looker and attention grabber. Probably one the best e24s in the city. Son teared up when I told him we were selling. Check out the auction here.

damn that was pretty fast, I remember you posting when you picked it up TheMurkShow TheMurkShow

How long did you own it.....how come you selling????

Last edited:

Well, I would say the dealer needs to post the entire vehicle description at the top (it's missing a few rather important key features). 🤦🏻‍♂️ And not sure if you clicked on the actual listing but it's NOT a basic GT500 (more on that in a moment). Yes, the Trinity motor was a 2-year only run, with amazing power and could take way more. My store got 2 allocations for 2013 and 2014. I sold all 4 before the 1st 2013 came in, and all at MSRP!! I loved these cars! If I ever wanted a newer Mustang, this is at the top of the list!

Price wise, normal 2013-2014 GT500s, going rate via BaT, are in the upper $50k range plus fees. A 8k mileage car did $57k, and a 1,600 mile car did $58k. So they are going for about the original MSRP. Still say they are worth all of it. Now this car you posted. It's NOT a standard GT500 by ANY MEANS!! First, it's a Supersnake package, which the car has to be sent to Vegas for conversion at a very pricey $39,995 (its the 850hp Kenne Bell option)....in 2013!!! 🤯 And if that isn't enough, this is a full widebody conversion, which that is INTENSIVE in terms of work (redone quarters & new fenders are just a sample of what's done, and that price is an additional $14,995 back then. The cars were around low $60s with the Track Package added when new. So this price, while NUTS, sort of fits what has been done to it. Go find another, as they didn't make a whole lot of widebody cars. 👍 Here's the full listing below. Look at what's listed under the photos at the beginning of the write up. 😮

Last edited:
Well, I would say the dealer needs to post the entire vehicle description at the top (it's missing a few rather important key features). 🤦🏻‍♂️ And not sure if you clicked on the actual listing but it's NOT a basic GT500 (more on that in a moment). Yes, the Trinity motor was a 2-year only run, with amazing power and could take way more. My store got 2 allocations for 2013 and 2014. I sold all 4 before the 1st 2013 came in, and all at MSRP!! I loved these cars! If I ever wanted a newer Mustang, this is at the top of the list!

Price wise, normal 2013-2014 GT500s, going rate via BaT, are in the upper $50k range plus fees. A 8k mileage car did $57k, and a 1,600 mile car did $58k. So they are going for about the original MSRP. Still say they are worth all of it. Now this car you posted. It's NOT a standard GT500 by ANY MEANS!! First, it's a Supersnake package, which the car has to be sent to Vegas for conversion at a very pricey $39,995 (its the 850hp Kenne Bell option)....in 2013!!! 🤯 And if that isn't enough, this is a full widebody conversion, which that is INTENSIVE in terms of work (redone quarters & new fenders are just a sample of what's done, and that price is an additional $14,995 back then. The cars were around low $60s with the Track Package added when new. So this price, while NUTS, sort of fits what has been done to it. Go find another, as they didn't make a whole lot of widebody cars. 👍 Here's the full listing below. Look at what's listed under the photos at the beginning of the write up. 😮

I like that u dug up all the facts, but still IMO isn't worth the price
it does look very nice from the outside tho.
my biggest gripe with that gen mustang was the godawful steering wheel

I like that u dug up all the facts, but still IMO isn't worth the price
it does look very nice from the outside tho.
my biggest gripe with that gen mustang was the godawful steering wheel

One thing you can ALWAYS count on from me is posting facts! I never shoot from the hip. Never did never will 👍.

I never said it was actually WORTH the price, just that the price lines up to what the car has had done to it. I'd never pay that price for any Mustang! Hell, I can't even justify the new Dark Horse at $75k or the S550 GT500 at around $90K! I'd rather have my dream Lotus Evora GT for the same price of a GT500. At least that's a rare car that's basically hand made, and unique.

And what's wrong with the steering wheel? 🤷 I actually took my stock wheel out and used a 2010 GT500 wheel in it's place. Wasn't an easy swap as my car has an 8-pin plug (cruise only) compared to the 2010 having a 16-pin plug (cruise, plus SYNC controls). Had to cut the 16-pin off, and solder an 8-pin in its place connection the proper color wires from the plug to the harness in the wheel so the cruise would function (has to for state inspection). Luckily back then, someone did the wiring schematics and it's a simple mod now.

I switched it, because the 2006 is stupidly thin, vs the GT500 that's thicker a, a tad bit smaller, and has alcantara on spots. I loved the swap as others have done it after I did mine with either a Shelby wheel or a Boss 302 wheel. 👍

And about me digging up the facts. Funny as all my friends in my car circle call me the car encyclopedia and that I should start a car podcast. Being I was in the business for so long and know so much in and out of it, plus all other cars, their colors, stats etc, I could really add some insight to a lot of stuff. I'm really thinking of it. 🤔

I have
One thing you can ALWAYS count on from me is posting facts! I never shoot from the hip. Never did never will 👍.

I never said it was actually WORTH the price, just that the price lines up to what the car has had done to it. I'd never pay that price for any Mustang! Hell, I can't even justify the new Dark Horse at $75k or the S550 GT500 at around $90K! I'd rather have my dream Lotus Evora GT for the same price of a GT500. At least that's a rare car that's basically hand made, and unique.

And what's wrong with the steering wheel? 🤷 I actually took my stock wheel out and used a 2010 GT500 wheel in it's place. Wasn't an easy swap as my car has an 8-pin plug (cruise only) compared to the 2010 having a 16-pin plug (cruise, plus SYNC controls). Had to cut the 16-pin off, and solder an 8-pin in its place connection the proper color wires from the plug to the harness in the wheel so the cruise would function (has to for state inspection). Luckily back then, someone did the wiring schematics and it's a simple mod now.

I switched it, because the 2006 is stupidly thin, vs the GT500 that's thicker a, a tad bit smaller, and has alcantara on spots. I loved the swap as others have done it after I did mine with either a Shelby wheel or a Boss 302 wheel. 👍

And about me digging up the facts. Funny as all my friends in my car circle call me the car encyclopedia and that I should start a car podcast. Being I was in the business for so long and know so much in and out of it, plus all other cars, their colors, stats etc, I could really add some insight to a lot of stuff. I'm really thinking of it. 🤔
i definitely would give it a listen

i don't like how big the steering wheels looks, and especially don't like the middle (horn) colors contract, i like it all black personally with light accents like stitching

I wanted to purchase a Bronco as a gift for my wife, but I'm perplexed by the various trims and unsure if spending extra thousands of dollars is a wise decision. Apart from a V6, I'm seeking a vehicle that offers a smooth road experience and can occasionally handle rough dirt roads without being extreme. Can you provide a price comparison between an Outer Banks and a Badland?

Last edited:

Start the Podcast!!!

i definitely would give it a listen

Start the Podcast!!!

Thanks guys for the kind words. Something my neighbor who is in my car circle is also interested in doing with me. Plus I have another who lived in the neighborhood over, who also is in oir circles, just started his, and wants me to come on to talk cars and stuff. I even got another good friend in the circle who had the stuff I need that he doesn't use (mic, recorder, etc). Said in passing, he would give it to me. I'll have to talk to him again about it. But it's something I think I need to do. 🙏🙏👍👍

Back
Top Bottom