\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Originally Posted by STAYFRESH

my 1967 cadillac on 22s havnt drivin it in a while n my 2005 Galant 1st car under the carport in the background

Clean
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

You need spacers.
I know, those wheels are mad narrow. 17x7.5 front, 17x8 rear. But meh, It's being stored during the winter. These wheels are temporary. Come next year, new wheels. looking at 17x9.5 - 17x10. F spacers. 

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

You need spacers.
I know, those wheels are mad narrow. 17x7.5 front, 17x8 rear. But meh, It's being stored during the winter. These wheels are temporary. Come next year, new wheels. looking at 17x9.5 - 17x10. F spacers. 

I have an '01 Lexus IS300 and I love it. Recently hit a deer and its been in the shop for a week now, I'm def missing my car.
frown.gif

26019_728067130726_25505601_40207753_1755108_n.jpg

I have an '01 Lexus IS300 and I love it. Recently hit a deer and its been in the shop for a week now, I'm def missing my car.
frown.gif

26019_728067130726_25505601_40207753_1755108_n.jpg

Thanks for the advice. I guess I just need to look between the brands. So far I'ved looked into the F&F, BC racing or K-sports....will decide later

Thanks for the advice. I guess I just need to look between the brands. So far I'ved looked into the F&F, BC racing or K-sports....will decide later

Keepz, two things: what kind of car do you have and what are you looking to do, daily them or track them?

If you're looking at coilovers just for the drop. You better be ready to sacrifice the comfortable stock ride. Unless you've got money (which $950 will NEVER get you) to spend on coilovers that have great valving/damping.

A lot of Honda owners use Function and Form. I know of two F&F owners that are on the S-chassis and say they're alright, a little stiff to their liking.

If you're looking for comfort, there isn't a wide variety of coilovers but you can look into Tein FLEXES, Stance LX+, Silk Roads, etc.

If you want a more stock feel and don't care about the drop, just get lowering springs. But my suggestion is if your car is 05 & older, get new struts along with springs. It'll help you in the long run.

Keepz, two things: what kind of car do you have and what are you looking to do, daily them or track them?

If you're looking at coilovers just for the drop. You better be ready to sacrifice the comfortable stock ride. Unless you've got money (which $950 will NEVER get you) to spend on coilovers that have great valving/damping.

A lot of Honda owners use Function and Form. I know of two F&F owners that are on the S-chassis and say they're alright, a little stiff to their liking.

If you're looking for comfort, there isn't a wide variety of coilovers but you can look into Tein FLEXES, Stance LX+, Silk Roads, etc.

If you want a more stock feel and don't care about the drop, just get lowering springs. But my suggestion is if your car is 05 & older, get new struts along with springs. It'll help you in the long run.

^I didn't expect such a thorough reply, but thanks munchies. I guess I should mention that I desire a drop, nothing too drastic, (1.5 inches?) while also having comfort and the ability to do some spirited driving (i.e. canyon carving on some not so smooth roads). Above all this will be my daily and I plan to have it for a while. My initial onset was to get the spring/strut combo. However, a friend told me the desired combo I sought (Tokico Blue/Swift springs) was !$#!!! and that I might as well fork out more for some coils and get that adjustability. In defense of the coils, my friend says BC does custom spring rates and may revalve your system depending on the chosen rate. After hearing what you've said, I may open up to some springs/struts again. if you have any recommendations on a set of struts, please let me know...apparently tokico blues are like OEM replacements, so I want some that have a compression/decompression spectrum catered more towards lowering springs. If not I guess I'll drop 600 on the TRD set and call it a day.
Oh, and I have a 07 Scion tc

^I didn't expect such a thorough reply, but thanks munchies. I guess I should mention that I desire a drop, nothing too drastic, (1.5 inches?) while also having comfort and the ability to do some spirited driving (i.e. canyon carving on some not so smooth roads). Above all this will be my daily and I plan to have it for a while. My initial onset was to get the spring/strut combo. However, a friend told me the desired combo I sought (Tokico Blue/Swift springs) was !$#!!! and that I might as well fork out more for some coils and get that adjustability. In defense of the coils, my friend says BC does custom spring rates and may revalve your system depending on the chosen rate. After hearing what you've said, I may open up to some springs/struts again. if you have any recommendations on a set of struts, please let me know...apparently tokico blues are like OEM replacements, so I want some that have a compression/decompression spectrum catered more towards lowering springs. If not I guess I'll drop 600 on the TRD set and call it a day.
Oh, and I have a 07 Scion tc

No problem, Keepz.

I've been on the hunt for my own set of coilovers so I've been doing a lot of research. But for the meantime I switch thru stock shocks/springs and for the past two weeks or so I was on my homie's Megan coils which REALLY suck for daily. The ride isn't fun but I like the drop so I'm sticking with it.

And don't get me wrong, I'm all for coilovers but for a daily, I really don't see myself spending more than 2K on them. + I never knew BC did custom spring rates, damn. Another thing to consider is whether they rebuild or not, I mean if you're just dailying the car, having that option is really awesome. I'm still debating about what exactly would be a good spring rate though, people say 8/6K is alright if the valving is nice.

A great strut would be KYB AGX's, they have adjustable dampening which is pretty sweet, imo. As for springs, I hear Eibach sportlines go low.

But fam, you don't want to invest in something that won't really make you happy. Just do your research and I'm sure you'll find something.

No problem, Keepz.

I've been on the hunt for my own set of coilovers so I've been doing a lot of research. But for the meantime I switch thru stock shocks/springs and for the past two weeks or so I was on my homie's Megan coils which REALLY suck for daily. The ride isn't fun but I like the drop so I'm sticking with it.

And don't get me wrong, I'm all for coilovers but for a daily, I really don't see myself spending more than 2K on them. + I never knew BC did custom spring rates, damn. Another thing to consider is whether they rebuild or not, I mean if you're just dailying the car, having that option is really awesome. I'm still debating about what exactly would be a good spring rate though, people say 8/6K is alright if the valving is nice.

A great strut would be KYB AGX's, they have adjustable dampening which is pretty sweet, imo. As for springs, I hear Eibach sportlines go low.

But fam, you don't want to invest in something that won't really make you happy. Just do your research and I'm sure you'll find something.

Back
Top Bottom