\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

I thought you could get a ticket for chromed or mirrored whips , since it would cause a driving distraction for other motorist

Let's keep the best thread on NT going!  Just got the Work Meister's fitted on the NSX, size 17/18 dropped 1.5" on KW3 coilovers.  Loving it so far:

^Very clean set-up on a classic! I can't tell from the pic but is it a targa?

I think a chrome looks tacky. There's only certain cars that can pull it off and this happens to be one that I really like.

Seeing this car in person, the wrap was well done and the car just looks bad a** in person.

on a semi-related note....i know you guys probably don't care about my project, but i've got my vinyl coming in friday. i narrowed it down to 3 different choices and ordered enough of each to do one panel of my car each. going to put them all on this weekend and post pics. hopefully you guys can help me decide which one looks the best and then i can order enough of that one to finish finally wrapping the car.

What color's did you decide on? I'm actually really interested in your project :lol: Hope everything is going well!

here's that ad for the chrome bmw...pretty funny, but i guess people will say anything to make a sale so i can't even hate haha

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/3968290213.html

Hideous. Just hideous.

That BMW is ****ing terrible

Will write my review on the wraith soon

Looking forward to reading that review! Saw a few pictures/videos of the grand showing at symbolic down in San Diego and it seemed like an inviting car but I wonder how the ride is.

I need to get the brakes replaced on my bad boy but I need to start saving up for that subie. Been putting off the savings fund for long enough now. It's time I get something fresh in my life.

Thanks brotha!  It is a Targa, I hardly ever have the top on it, so much fun to cruise at night with the top off!

I bet! Any other plans for it? Is it stock under the hood?

On another note anyone here in Cali going to the Monterey Concorso in a couple weeks?

Last edited:
I bet! Any other plans for it? Is it stock under the hood?

Dude, I really want to drop a Comptech Supercharger in it but to do it right it's going to run $15-20K.  The only thing I don't like about the NSX is that Honda went a little weak on the power.  I mean this thing handles incredibly with the mid-engine balanced layout, has supercar good looks, and has awesome reliability, but it just doesn't have the power to compete with today's HP beasts.  Currently searching for a 97-98 black Supra TT that I can mess with.  $3K BPU upgrade on stock TT Supra's can net 430-500HP if done correctly!  Dream garage = NSX + TT Supra + GTR 

Dude, I really want to drop a Comptech Supercharger in it but to do it right it's going to run $15-20K.  The only thing I don't like about the NSX is that Honda went a little weak on the power.  I mean this thing handles incredibly with the mid-engine balanced layout, has supercar good looks, and has awesome reliability, but it just doesn't have the power to compete with today's HP beasts.  Currently searching for a 97-98 black Supra TT that I can mess with.  $3K BPU upgrade on stock TT Supra's can net 430-500HP if done correctly!  Dream garage = NSX + TT Supra + GTR 

I was just about to post that if I had the choice between a supra or an NSX I'd go with the NSX purely basing it off the body style. Coming across an NSX-R is very rare nowadays but I'm sure if you had one you'd be able to squeeze more power into it.Those things are expensive though :lol:...I hear you on the supercharger it gets pricy. Going the Supra route would be :smokin.

I need some help.

I have a 06 scion tc, 92500 miles on it.
Car runs terrible. I mean I feel like I'm on a goddamn tractor when I'm in it. I'm embarrassed to bring people in it cuz it shakes so rough and the ride is so bad.

From what I've read, the shocks and struts are probably bad.
So my question is, which shock or strut kit should I have installed to get this car to ride as smooth as possible?
If I'm off and it's something else, someone chime in on what it is please.

Ima sell it soon so just tryna get it right for a bit before I sell it.

Thanks for any help.

Last edited:
just use oem parts. you might want to check your engine/****** mounts also, that might be the cause of the shaking

I need some help.

I have a 06 scion tc, 92500 miles on it.
Car runs terrible. I mean I feel like I'm on a goddamn tractor when I'm in it. I'm embarrassed to bring people in it cuz it shakes so rough and the ride is so bad.

From what I've read, the shocks and struts are probably bad.
So my question is, which shock or strut kit should I have installed to get this car to ride as smooth as possible?
If I'm off and it's something else, someone chime in on what it is please.

Ima sell it soon so just tryna get it right for a bit before I sell it.

Thanks for any help.
Do you have a check engine light on? If you do I would recommend going to Autozone and getting a free scan if so.

How long have you owned the car?

If you have owned it for a while and you never changed spark plugs i'm willing to bet that you have bad plugs and they need to be replaced. A lot of cars now adays come standard with platinum or double-platinum plugs which don't need changing for up to 100,000 miles and that is the mileage you have about....

Regarding the ride most likely you have bad struts/shocks and they need to be checked as well. A simple way of checking it is push the rear of the car down and if it continuously moves then you probably need to replace your shocks/struts. You could also take a peak under the car and physically inspect them... If they have fluid leaking out of them its time....

Last edited:
Your shocks and struts are prob bad also but im willing to bet that wont fix your problem
Why?
Do you have a check engine light on? If you do I would recommend going to Autozone and getting a free scan if so.

How long have you owned the car?

If you have owned it for a while and you never changed spark plugs i'm willing to bet that you have bad plugs and they need to be replaced. A lot of cars now adays come standard with platinum or double-platinum plugs which don't need changing for up to 100,000 miles and that is the mileage you have about....

Regarding the ride most likely you have bad struts/shocks and they need to be checked as well. A simple way of checking it is push the rear of the car down and if it continuously moves then you probably need to replace your shocks/struts. You could also take a peak under the car and physically inspect them... If they have fluid leaking out of them its time....
I don't have the check engine light on, but the tire light has been on for two months, and the tire air pressure is fine.

so idk whats up with that, Just a faulty sensor I think.

I owned it since 2010, i got it when it had 70,000 miles on it. 

but is there a spark plug test?

and alright I'll definitely check out the struts/shocks. 

Thanks for the help everyone. 

^^ You deff have a bad tire sensor, if the air pressure is fine the senors going bad is a common problem. A lot of people leave off the valve caps and surprisingly that allows a lot of dirt and grime to get into the sensor and break them. If you used fix-a-flat that ruins the sensors as well. Sometimes they just go bad on their own though. If you are mechanically inclined you can pull a spark plug and visually inspect it to see if it is bad. I know there are scanners (snap-on solus for example) will be able to do a test to see if any of the cylinders are misfiring and that would indicate a bad spark plug or another problem. Usually if you have a misfire the check engine light will illuminate though....

Last edited:
ive had bad struts/shocks before on my civic and it wont shake but when u go over the slightest bumps u feel everything.

Your car is most likely shaking because of a bad idle it isn't getting either enough air, fuel or spark to ignite the fuel.

this is what happened to my bimmer.... side swiped, insurance cut the check, i needed a more reliable car for my work commute, 5 years I had the car, had more than my fair share of issues, leaks, electrical problems, etc, really left a bad taste in my mouth @dens415

Last edited:
Damn that sucks that happened to your car man. At least it worked out for you and they cut the check. I am shocked they did, since it doesn't appear to be that much damage, unless they caught the frame in between the front and rear doors and bent it there...

The TL looks nice though. I always liked that body style of them.

Back
Top Bottom