\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Thanks bro, much appreciated. The TL has been great to drive, of course I miss the German engineering but light to light in NYC, i'll be okay for now. Insurance cut a check for 7k, I sold it crashed as is and it sold the same day on craigslist, worked out well. Theres damage to the rear, bumper, lights and trunk as well.

The level of anger id have would be immense..i even get mad if theres bird poop on my car let alone bein phantom swiped on the whole side
mean.gif

Thanks bro, much appreciated. The TL has been great to drive, of course I miss the German engineering but light to light in NYC, i'll be okay for now. Insurance cut a check for 7k, I sold it crashed as is and it sold the same day on craigslist, worked out well. Theres damage to the rear, bumper, lights and trunk as well.

Ahh that's a good deal then. The 7k and the money from selling the crashed whip is def more than enough to put a nice down payment on a TL, get some low payments, and have some fun modding it :smokin

Last edited:

how much did you end up selling it for?

I'm thinking about buying the m5 front bumper and side skirts, but I don't even know if it's worth it. I just don't think it's a really good looking car to be honest and while the bumper and skirts might help, I don't think it would do that much to improve it.

I did buy some 20" m5 replicas off one of my boys friends though. I know how much nt loves replicas :smile: . mine has 17's though and I would be hitting the bottom of the car on speed bumps once in a while so I'm hoping it puts an end to that.

hood lip and trunk are carbon fiber just the rear diffuser is painted black

Normally... id have sum slick Uncle Ben remark regaurding all that CF...

However...

That is filthyyyyy :x :smokin

Flippin thru the local auto shopper and seen this. Couldnt help but chuckle.

im planning on painting the hood with just the carbon fiber exposed vents + painting the CSL trunk with just the carbon exposed lip also . once money and time permits .

Last edited:
got my 3 vinyl samples this morning. put them all on in about a little over an hour (got a little sloppy toward the end). i did the darkest color on the back door, the medium color on the front door, and the lightest (matte silver) on the front fender.

here's a picture in the shade. i actually love the front door color the most here:

here's a picture in the sun. i love the rear door color here. the front door becomes to champagney and i don't like it here. still hard to see the matte silver, but i like it too.

i think i'm going to go with the rear door color. i'm just tired of having a silver car which is why i don't understand why i'm liking the matte silver so much. at least this gray this have weird brown undertones and doesn't make the car look like it's primered. i still like the middle door color, but it's just to goldish for my liking in the sun. i'm gonna try to finalize a decision by the end of the weekend and order enough to do the whole car and hopefully knock the whole thing out. i've already washed, clay barred, and finished prepping all the body panels so it there's really nothing left to do other than put the vinyl on.

Any advice on used car buying?

Looking for a used coupe, preferably manual, under $20,000. G35 is my best bet, I had my eye on a red manual for 16.5 but not really wanting red. Surprisingly, finding one under 17 with less than 50k miles is hard.

Any other suggestions and or tips? Not wanting to go over 50k miles.

Any advice on used car buying?

Looking for a used coupe, preferably manual, under $20,000. G35 is my best bet, I had my eye on a red manual for 16.5 but not really wanting red. Surprisingly, finding one under 17 with less than 50k miles is hard.

Any other suggestions and or tips? Not wanting to go over 50k miles.
My last car was a 2004 G35 coupe.  Loved it!  Bought it with 25K on the clock and drove it to 90K, no problems.  Car was extremely reliable and had awesome looks, sound, and handling.  Best advice I can give is try to stay under 40K for mileage and look for a stock used G.  15-30K mileage would be the sweetspot.  Check carfax on every used car you check out.  Read the G35 forums as well, they can give you more specific help as what to look out for.  I would also consider a used S2000 or 350/370Z, both great cars in that price range as well.  Good luck brotha!

G35, S2000, and E46 M3 would be cars that come to mind first.

*EDIT* Maybe even a SC300/400 with a 2jz? Or a Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Last edited:
Would never spend 20 racks on an s2k... and i love those cars done right... you get alot more car for your money with the other options is all.

G35 coupes with low miles are not gunna be cheap tho... ive seen 07s do 20k lately...

I'm being stationed in Germany for a few years later this year and some of the car potential is serious out there. Was browsing a classifieds website for people on base selling all kinds of stuff and came across these.

i think i'm going to go with the rear door color

best color IMO, really like that grey shade

So I had my toyota @ the mechanic yesterday, so I needed a rental for 24 hours and I'm in the market for a 1LT so I decided to rent a camaro, since the test drive is very limited.

Ended up getting an SS :wow: :x

Love pretty much everything about the car, the HUD has me thinking 2LT w/ RS now :lol: :smh:....

Visibility is not great, but I can get used it

I drove 140 miles, and that cost a half tank of gas...premium too :x

Feels like I'm driving the batmobile, the car gets a lot of attention but it's still low profile as hell :nthat:

Last edited:
Had the Chrysler up until recently "8 months ago" and the ****** went around 40k...Traded in for the Camaro.

Its not the SS but I don't care.  Less maintainince,gas,insurance,etc.. Its my daily driver and I live in new england.  I had it for the last bit of winter last year and constantly had people saying..You drive that all winter?? Honestly though I put some snow tires on it and it has traction control and never had a problem.  I'm not about to drive a 4x4 and pay for that gas ever.  

Back
Top Bottom