\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Umm yea they do, ZL1 For example

Will let you rev to your heart's

Desire without shifting for you

In manual mode wit da paddles.
An auto ZL1 is an absolute travesty.  The thought makes me cringe.  I am shocked Chevy even offers this version.  Please keep the auto for the Camaro base V6 models, leave the manual beasts to those that can actually drive a car instead of a computer doing all the work.
um da manual has launch control...thats computer controlled too.

& for da record, da automatic is also faster.

if you want all manual there's always da z28...

I dont know much about cars at all but isn't tiptronic the best because you have the best of both worlds?

Yes. Without question. All the grease monkeys n here tho will tell u to untuck ur piece if u dont getta true manual although ull have worse fuel effeciency n go slower.lol

Tiptronics are garbage...Untuck that...

:lol: Just kidding but seriously, they have an incredibly high failure rate (when used in "manual mode", they'll hold up fine when run like a regular auto) . Thats why so many Acuras have transmission problems... its not a terrible transmission but it still when people rev it and shift manually they really do a number on it. Same for the older Caddies...The Sevilles and Devilles with tiptronics are much more prone to failure... not because its a weak transmission but because people are much more likley to drive them harder and over rev them. Even though they use the same transmission; Eldorados have a much lower failure rate because they never had a "manual mode" that wreaks havoc on the transmission.

Its not much more than a sales tactic... A way to make consumers who dont know better think they're getting the best of both worlds when its really not much different than any other automatic. You can shift any floor mounted automatic basically the same way... granted the "to the side" placement of tiptronics make gear selection more convenient.

Last edited:
Standard:

Gives driver greater control of vehicle due to instant gear selection as opposed to computer controlled gear selection of an automatic

Better MPG (not as relevant as in the past due to 6+ speed Automatics)

Better acceleration (again not as relevant as in the past due to 6+ speed Automatics)

Durability (sans clutch)

Fun "froggy" feeling when shifting gets you major cool points from passengers

Automatic:

Road dome :pimp:

I've gotten road dome in a manual car many times.... Just sayin..... :nerd:

Be safe...

h4t6f.jpg

lol I figured you meant city traffic....Once your rollin on the highway saulgoodman :smokin

Column shift with a bench tho>>>>>>>>>>

Do any new cars other than stripper model work trucks even offer a bench anymore ?

I dont know much about cars at all but isn't tiptronic the best because you have the best of both worlds?
Yes. Without question. All the grease monkeys n here tho will tell u to untuck ur piece if u dont getta true manual although ull have worse fuel effeciency n go slower.lol
Tiptronic is garbage fam. I wont even touch the tiptronic feature in an automatic car. Nothing beats the feeling of a clutch and shifting your own gears.

im not buying that they're "garbage" since da MR evo and automatic zl1 all perform better with da paddle shifters...

lol I figured you meant city traffic....Once your rollin on the highway saulgoodman :smokin

Column shift with a bench tho>>>>>>>>>>

Do any new cars other than stripper model work trucks even offer a bench anymore ?

my truck has three sepers=ate but connected seatts in the front, in the middle theres an armrest but u can flip it up to make a bench :evil:, its an 06 i dont think newer ones have it enymore

im not buying that they're "garbage" since da MR evo and automatic zl1 all perform better with da paddle shifters...
i think hes saying tiptronic is garbage

and of course they will perform better with da paddles. the time and effort it takes to shift electronically will beat someone shifting manually 10 out of 10 times

but that feel when you depress the clutch and put the car in gear >>>>>>

Audi/VW DSG mainteance is $$$. Straight up manual is cheaper than auto. The fancier stuff is more expensive than auto.

Standard:

Gives driver greater control of vehicle due to instant gear selection as opposed to computer controlled gear selection of an automatic

Better MPG (not as relevant as in the past due to 6+ speed Automatics)

Better acceleration (again not as relevant as in the past due to 6+ speed Automatics)

Durability (sans clutch)

Fun "froggy" feeling when shifting gets you major cool points from passengers

Automatic:

Road dome :pimp:

man i remember when i was a kid my older cousin had semi tuned supra

dude would take me to places start makin his car back fire and he'd do some 1st-2nd gear pulls and all i was cheesin HARD the whole time :lol:

in my head id b like omg my uncle so cool :lol: dude would get FEMALES id be in the passenger and chicks would pull up tellin him he got a nice car digits and all :smokin

i got a stock 335i doe i be drivin his son around (cousins locked up now) but im not as cool :frown: :lol:

Last edited:
you guys act like you do maintenance on your car every week :rolleyes
costs aren't gonna be a big difference unless you're out there driving like an idiot.

thats not necessarily true, and being a person that is in the Evo community, I will tell you that other Evo owners look down upon those who buy the auto. and also most people stay away from them.  about the only thing its good for is if you want your girl to be driving an Evo, then there is a use for the paddleshifter MR

Back
Top Bottom